What computer to trade with?

This is a discussion on What computer to trade with? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hello, I need to replace my old sorry desktop. What should I replace it with? I would like to use ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:47am   #1

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
What computer to trade with?

Hello, I need to replace my old sorry desktop. What should I replace it with? I would like to use two to four monitors. I have highspeed dsl. I have been studding trading for about seven months, on line seminars and classes, books, flash cards, charts, assorted candlestick materials, magazines, newspapers, market T.V. programs and chat rooms. I have never bought, sold or owned a single share in my life. I feel like I may be getting close to my first attempt (within four weeks).
Thank You.
LilaLLeela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:28am   #2

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Re: What computer to trade with?

LilaLLeela started this thread I would like to upgrade this weekend. How many monitors does a new trader really need? Two? Three? Four? I would rather hear these things from this forum than a sales person.
Thanks again.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:49am   #3
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilaLLeela View Post
I would like to upgrade this weekend. How many monitors does a new trader really need? Two? Three? Four? I would rather hear these things from this forum than a sales person.
Thanks again.
A new trader? One.
The Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:42pm   #4

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

LilaLLeela started this thread What about the minimum GHz and GB?
Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:56pm   #5
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard View Post
A new trader? One.
and sometimes thats 1 to many

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:01pm   #6
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilaLLeela View Post
Hello, I need to replace my old sorry desktop. What should I replace it with? I would like to use two to four monitors. I have highspeed dsl. I have been studding trading for about seven months, on line seminars and classes, books, flash cards, charts, assorted candlestick materials, magazines, newspapers, market T.V. programs and chat rooms. I have never bought, sold or owned a single share in my life. I feel like I may be getting close to my first attempt (within four weeks).
Thank You.
Just use the ones above in Red and perhaps start with a straightforward tried and tested and simple approach....like a nice simple Ma based system with some pattern/price action to confirm the trend move

& one screen

& make sure you are connecting to the internet with a cable connection and ask yourself how you will close positions if the internet crashes (aside from stops)

I have no idea what you are trading but keep it simple - please

good luck

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:29pm   #7
Joined Nov 2001

I say the same as NVP. Do not trade without a stop. How far away is up to you, just so that you know how much you can lose if there is a crash.

Can't you start with one monitor and add, if you need another? Just make sure that your computor can take the extra monitors.

I'm hopeless with hardware tech----just a thought.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote