A "First Steps" forum ? lol! Here is my advice: newbies, just quit !

This is a discussion on A "First Steps" forum ? lol! Here is my advice: newbies, just quit ! within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; It is my opinion that stop running, manipulation does happen in the markets. If the market is running the stops ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:22pm   #46
Joined Aug 2011
Re: A "First Steps" forum ? lol! Here is my advice: newbies, just quit !

It is my opinion that stop running, manipulation does happen in the markets. If the market is running the stops they do know we exist because our stops are visible and in the right conditions or if the stop is within easy reach for them they will hit it. I also think there are some very powerful people who can move the markets in their favor and can even engineer a move days/weeks in advance. I’m talking major markets and it’s just my opinion of course, I’m sure some of you will think I’m completely bonkers.
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: ZEN archer , new_trader
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:29pm   #47

Joined Jan 2006

Most people put stops at S/R levels which are completely predictable. Anyone viewing the order book will be able to see these orders sitting en masse at these levels and predictably they start opening positions that they can close at a profit when the S/R is hit. They can feel confident that they'll be able to close at that level because of the number of orders sitting there.

So you may call it stop hunting - but actually it's two herds of people, one out to make a quick buck - the other to protect their positions or take profits with longer term positions.

So you may feel like the Sb firm is deliberately trying to fleece you out of money - but the actual reason is you are are part of a herd of sheep trading predictably at predictable levels.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: ZEN archer , The Leopard
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:21pm   #48
Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Lexic View Post
It is my opinion that stop running, manipulation does happen in the markets. If the market is running the stops they do know we exist because our stops are visible and in the right conditions or if the stop is within easy reach for them they will hit it. I also think there are some very powerful people who can move the markets in their favor and can even engineer a move days/weeks in advance. I知 talking major markets and it痴 just my opinion of course, I知 sure some of you will think I知 completely bonkers.

Not bonkers at all. Its all about the food chain, and where we sit in it. But as long as we understand this, we can participate with a favourable outcome.
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: ZEN archer
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:56pm   #49
Joined Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
......... Its all about the food chain, and where we sit in it. But as long as we understand this, we can participate with a favourable outcome.
Yes......That's why we have No. 6. The ability to recognise that markets are not fair or equal, and understand why.

"Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon.
I found it one of the hardest things to learn."
- Jesse Livermore
MoonRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:05pm   #50

3 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

Guys their nothing like obtaining knowledge in trading its key to your success as a trader.
the following website has lot of free resources that you can use

http://www.forex-warez.com

ps you can thank me later
Jaws_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:54pm   #51
Joined Mar 2012

WHAT A LOAD OF SH1TE.....I am new! and i will be looking at these market makers noisy t1ts and these tree shakers reading these guy will make my trading days very easy.
I do not want to get rich quick and i have a sum of money that i can afford to lose . i will not trade day after day and when i do trade all my home work will have been done, my stops will be on every trade.
my trades will never ever exceed 」10 per point and mostly 」2 per point whilst spread betting and 90% i will hold actual shares.
i will not lose and i do not need years of trading experience to earn some nice money.

sb firms are not out to rip us of- thats just paranoia sure there are manipulaters about but heyho

its not about "winning and losing" its the taking part that counts - be sensible and simply take part i say
chocabloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:27pm   #52

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Lexic View Post
It is my opinion that stop running, manipulation does happen in the markets. If the market is running the stops they do know we exist because our stops are visible and in the right conditions or if the stop is within easy reach for them they will hit it. I also think there are some very powerful people who can move the markets in their favor and can even engineer a move days/weeks in advance. I知 talking major markets and it痴 just my opinion of course, I知 sure some of you will think I知 completely bonkers.
Actually this is one of the best posts in this thread. People who think market movements are random are completely bonkers.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:36pm   #53
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
People who think market movements are random are completely bonkers.
I dont think markets are random, but I trade them as if they where, primarily because as a method, its far more scalable. I could say more, but I wont
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:49pm   #54

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
I dont think markets are random, but I trade them as if they where, primarily because as a method, its far more scalable. I could say more, but I wont
I understand. You would say more if you could delete it at anytime, like when you want to punish T2W for their intransigence.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: the hare
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:29pm   #55
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
I believe that, in the short term, markets are random, but that is not what interests me here. If you do not believe that they are random how can you trade them as if they were? They are either random, or not. It is incomprehensible to me that a trader with a definite view of what the market is going to do can enter it in a random fashion.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:22am   #56
Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Whilst there may indeed be some method in your madness, there is no way trading on the basis that it is random can outperform trading on understanding what is going on. The reason being that the highest probability comes from only trading what one can understand/make a logical call on. The lower the probability the higher number of losing sequences there will be (not good for aggressive account growth).

Maybe I have mistaken your post, as I am assuming you are referring to compounding when you talk about scaling?
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:13am   #57
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
Maybe I have mistaken your post, as I am assuming you are referring to compounding when you talk about scaling?
I was referring to trading increasingly larger position sizes, possibly due to compounding, or introduction of additional external capital.

I agree 100% that the random element results in a tendancy to experience a greater number of consecutive losses.

Whilst my entry may be random, position sizing and trade management certainly isnt !
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote