i want to learn how to trade please help

This is a discussion on i want to learn how to trade please help within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; i am 20 yrs old and am interested in trading and am willing to learn how to become a trader ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:54pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
i want to learn how to trade please help

i am 20 yrs old and am interested in trading and am willing to learn how to become a trader and be successful at it. can anyone help me out please?
sleezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:04am   #2

Joined Aug 2003
Go see a shrink
Salty Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:13am   #3

Joined Jun 2003
the best way is to save up a reasonable amount.. say £2,000. then plonk it in a Spreadbet account and see how long you can make it last.

you will get 2,000 lessons on what not to do, be it trading with too much size, trading on hunches, trading after a boozy lunch etc.

then when you have learnt the basic mechanics of opening/closing positions and losing your shirt, you can then take some time out to refine and research your methods.

school of hard knockers
FetteredChinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Platanos
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:45am   #4

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Go see a shrink
I wasn't joking.

If I could start again I would get my head right first and then my behaviour relative to the markets would be better.

A good system with lousy behaviour and discipline is useless.

But a mediocre system with great behaviour and discipline - yeah, you can get by with that.

So, yes - go see a shrink and get your head into the right gear.
Salty Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:31am   #5

Joined Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Gibbon
I wasn't joking.
i've warned you before about being serious.....
FetteredChinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:01pm   #6
Joined Oct 2001
learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleezy
i am 20 yrs old and am interested in trading and am willing to learn how to become a trader and be successful at it. can anyone help me out please?
Hi Sleezy, what kind of trader do you want to be ?
Do you want to work for a Company or be on your own ?
If you can get a job with a Company in the trading area ( any job ) and then show a real interest in the subject you may be able to get them to train you.
Have you read any books on this ?
Give us some more info about yourself and the traders on this site will try to help you
This is of course if you are for real, and not a failed trader who is now only a site time waster
Regards
Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:12pm   #7

Joined Mar 2005
Having gone through a period of information overload in leaning about this business, may I suggest that you start with a firm foundation by understanding supply/demand, how this affects price, and how this is charted. Everything else comes back to this, and some (increasingly me also) believe that this is the only information you need to know. You can buy books and books telling you any number of price patterns and indicators to look for in order to make trading decisions, but why not just learn what these are all based on - price and movements of price?

It seems to me that you can make things as complicated as you want. Even as a novice, I feel confident in saying that you don't have to go down this path. The more experienced posters can shoot me down if they want!

Search for posts by dbphoenix (amongst others).

James
james6848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JamesWright