Is it really possible to make money in this trading lark?

This is a discussion on Is it really possible to make money in this trading lark? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; You persist in trying to prove your wisdom when it is abundantly clear that you do assimilate what you read. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:25pm   #71
Joined Oct 2004
You persist in trying to prove your wisdom when it is abundantly clear that you do assimilate what you read. It is not that difficult to understand the posts in this thread but you have consistently shown a lack of understanding or is it that you are so hell bent on arguing that you refuse to engage the brain before making your silly posts.
1. I trade in the UK so what do I care about your tax laws? Do you think that the tax laws in England have to
mirror those in the USA?

2. If an individual risks £100 for every £25 gain; how can that equate to a risk reward ratio of 1:4? Please
try and understand the basics before starting an argument.

3. Why should I care what you do or do not believe? I do not know you or give a s*** what you believe.
When my friend is spending his money he really has time to thing of what the 'Professor' out in Texas
believes. You do not matter, try and understand that, you are just another fly that he has to swat in the
market.

What you perceive as attacks on you are simple responses to your ungentlemanly conduct and there is no point in complaining about it.
LION63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:29pm   #72
Joined Oct 2004
What more do people want? SarahM has spoken about her friend and now juanbyte has trumped the lot (at least percentage wise). Or maybe someone out there is going to call him a liar as well? Any takers?
LION63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:18pm   #73
 
longshot666's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
Again you fail to address all the issues I pointed out and it speaks volumes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LION63
You persist in trying to prove your wisdom when it is abundantly clear that you do assimilate what you read.
According to you maybe, but all I did was point out the obvious flaws in your story.


Quote:
It is not that difficult to understand the posts in this thread but you have consistently shown a lack of understanding or is it that you are so hell bent on arguing that you refuse to engage the brain before making your silly posts.
Yes, its quite easy to understand the posts, and it shows that your story doesnt add up.


Quote:
1. I trade in the UK so what do I care about your tax laws? Do you think that the tax laws in England have to
mirror those in the USA?
I didnt say you should care. Are you hearing voices now?
If you claim you can trade tax free in the UK, point us to a document that supports your claim.


Quote:
2. If an individual risks £100 for every £25 gain; how can that equate to a risk reward ratio of 1:4? Please
try and understand the basics before starting an argument.
Yes, please understand what you are saying. Let me break this down to you, since you dont understand the basics. To calculate the risk reward ratio you must take the potential reward and divide it by the risk. In your "friends" case, that would be:

Potential reward: 25 pips
Potential loss: 100 pips

25/100 = 1 to 4 rr ratio. This is an absolutely horrible rr ratio. Risking $100 to make $25? Yes sir, thats a real trader for you

Notice, he needs a 75% win rate JUST TO BREAK EVEN
To make the 400,000% return in 6 months, his win% would have to be in the high 90s

Quote:
3. Why should I care what you do or do not believe? I do not know you or give a s*** what you believe.
I never said you should care what I believe. Hearing voices again?

Quote:
When my friend is spending his money he really has time to thing of what the 'Professor' out in Texas
believes. You do not matter, try and understand that, you are just another fly that he has to swat in the
market.
Oh right, tell him to enjoy his little plastic monopoly money houses LOL!

Quote:
What you perceive as attacks on you are simple responses to your ungentlemanly conduct and there is no point in complaining about it.
Maybe you can go ride around in his litte metal monopoly money car this weekend too LOL!
longshot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:28pm   #74
 
GotGold's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
Can't belive this threads still going........
Lion, your a comedy genius! Keep it up.
__________________
"When money speaks, the truth keeps silent"
GotGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:08pm   #75
 
longshot666's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
Newsflash!

Today I bet huge, and made 400,000% return in 6 hours of trading. Yes it is true. These other clowns are a joke. Taking 6 months to make 400,000% PFFFFFTTTT, newbie beginners. Oh, and I made this tax free. Know how? I didn't trade after all, thats how. I spread bet. There is no taxes on spread betting because its legally gambling, and not trading. So the truth is, I gambled my way into 400,000% in 6 hours. Im not a trader at all, im a hot shot gambler. Do not doubt me, because I do not care what you think. All your numbers that show how impossible this is do not matter to me because I did it. Really I did, and I dont care what any of you say, so there!
longshot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:07am   #76
Joined Apr 2004
I have read through most of the posts on this thread and frankly it has been most amusing, thanks everyone.

Now to more serious business,

I am a freind to lion63 and also a freind to who i will describe as mr million, i can confirm that what lion 63 has said is not exactly accurate, to be more accurate mr million turned £500 into 2.36m in six months not 2m and susequently has averaged £600 000 a month since then .

It is said that one can only reach as far as they can see, mr NOBRAIN ER, mr LONGSHOT ,mr BOY
and mr GOT GOLD , if you cannot even beleive that a thing like this can and has happened then u can
never really ever attain such success.

I suggest that the fabulous four start asking the right questions and stop trying to impose their mediocrity
on others. The fabulous four reminds me of three years ago where the winner was the man who lost the least , guys i suggest you wake up and believe things are happening in the markets and contrary to what the fabulous four are saying, people are making huge amounts of money. Try not to listen to people like the fab 4 who only believe that one must start with vast sums of money before you can be called a trader , if that is the case let them keep the title trader ,one must start with what they have ,work hard and it will surely grow.

FAB 4 , open your closed minds ,beleive and aspire for more and that is the only time you will acheive your potential.


marketgeeni
marketgeeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:44am   #77
 
neil's Avatar
Joined Nov 2001
Lookout - flying pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketgeeni
I have read through most of the posts on this thread and frankly it has been most amusing, thanks everyone.

Now to more serious business,

I am a freind to lion63 and also a freind to who i will describe as mr million, i can confirm that what lion 63 has said is not exactly accurate, to be more accurate mr million turned £500 into 2.36m in six months not 2m and susequently has averaged £600 000 a month since then .

It is said that one can only reach as far as they can see, mr NOBRAIN ER, mr LONGSHOT ,mr BOY
and mr GOT GOLD , if you cannot even beleive that a thing like this can and has happened then u can
never really ever attain such success.

I suggest that the fabulous four start asking the right questions and stop trying to impose their mediocrity
on others. The fabulous four reminds me of three years ago where the winner was the man who lost the least , guys i suggest you wake up and believe things are happening in the markets and contrary to what the fabulous four are saying, people are making huge amounts of money. Try not to listen to people like the fab 4 who only believe that one must start with vast sums of money before you can be called a trader , if that is the case let them keep the title trader ,one must start with what they have ,work hard and it will surely grow.

FAB 4 , open your closed minds ,beleive and aspire for more and that is the only time you will acheive your potential.


marketgeeni
Please - get a dictionary.
__________________
neil
....Indicators show the past. Price Action "Indicates" the future.
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to make money Trading Seasonal Patterns in Forex rav700 Forex 31 Jan 3, 2013 12:22pm
How much will make you happy and how long will it take you to make that much money? clylbw The Foyer 7 Feb 24, 2010 4:22pm
How to make money Trading Seasonal Patterns rav700 Forex 0 May 19, 2007 10:12am
Would this Make Money mark69 Trading Systems 11 Jun 20, 2003 9:16am
How to Make Money Trading Futures MarketMaster Futures & Options 6 Jan 21, 2002 9:10am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)