Inflation Trading

This is a discussion on Inflation Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hey guys, I have an internship lined up at an IB and am supposed to be rotating across the inflation ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:44pm   #1

3 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Inflation Trading

Hey guys,

I have an internship lined up at an IB and am supposed to be rotating across the inflation trading desk. The problem is I really don't know anything about inflation trading. Could somebody give me an idea or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Trader91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:57pm   #2
Joined Jan 2011
Re: Inflation Trading

starter for 10

good luck of your internship!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf [Barclays] Inflation Derivatives - A User's Guide.pdf (1.47 MB, 821 views)
DashRiprock is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:57pm   #3

Joined Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader91 View Post
Hey guys,

I have an internship lined up at an IB and am supposed to be rotating across the inflation trading desk. The problem is I really don't know anything about inflation trading. Could somebody give me an idea or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
PM me, if you like, and I'll send you some reference materials. It's good stuff, inflation, and very interesting. Never a dull day.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:59pm   #4

3 Posts
Joined Jan 2011

Trader91 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post
starter for 10

good luck of your internship!
Thanks a lot. Looks useful!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:01pm   #5

Joined Feb 2009

I wouldn't start with derivatives, if I were you. They're not likely to be your desk's bread and butter.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:04pm   #6

3 Posts
Joined Jan 2011

Trader91 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinghoul View Post
I wouldn't start with derivatives, if I were you. They're not likely to be your desk's bread and butter.
As in the internship or career? What makes you say that?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:21pm   #7

Joined Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader91 View Post
As in the internship or career? What makes you say that?
See your PM. The answer is both, as inflation derivatives are unlikely to be the desk's main focus. Obviously, it depends, but the main subject to learn about is inflation-linked bonds (linkers).