The Simplest Trading Method In The World

This is a discussion on The Simplest Trading Method In The World within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi! The world is full of traders! I am a certified trader and have started to shine in this field ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:57am   #43
Joined Feb 2011
Re: The Simplest Trading Method In The World

Hi! The world is full of traders!
I am a certified trader and have started to shine in this field several years back. I have many wonderful experiences in my trading career and I hope to have friendly discussions with all the traders in the world. I find this site amazing and I am looking forward to meet all the traders, whether novice or seasoned, to exchange views and suggestions in the trading field. I believe that through this site, we can learn a lot of trading tips and strategies that could be able to help us in our trading career.
Cheers!
Andrew Hely
worldtrader1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:54pm   #44

Joined Jul 2008
Thumbs up Re: The Simplest Trading Method In The World

Pazienza, I just came across this post and it's excellent. It reminds me of "The Big Figure Trade" in the excellent book "Beat The Forex Dealer", which I have tried & won with a number of times.
I must write an MT4 indicator to SMS me when these are coming up and I can then trade them all without too much effort.

Keep up the great work mate!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:24pm   #45

Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtrader1982 View Post
Hi! The world is full of traders!
I am a certified trader and have started to shine in this field several years back. I have many wonderful experiences in my trading career and I hope to have friendly discussions with all the traders in the world. I find this site amazing and I am looking forward to meet all the traders, whether novice or seasoned, to exchange views and suggestions in the trading field. I believe that through this site, we can learn a lot of trading tips and strategies that could be able to help us in our trading career.
Cheers!
Andrew Hely

Certified eh
You will be in good company with Arabian and the other tormented souls on this site
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:37pm   #46
Joined Jan 2011

Pazienza started this thread Sorry for the long gap in posting - I haven't taken many trades, and nothing so far this week or last. So nothing in February so far - a couple that were close, including one yesterday, but not quite good enough. I'll post my last two trades and yesterdays no cigar later on tonight as they help to illustrate some reasonably important points.

First, some replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post

Good thread so far.

Thank you, Senor Toast.

Although you are far too uncouth.

Oh yeah, pal? F**k those who say I'm uncouth. And behead those who insult the religion of peace!
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:43pm   #47
Joined Jan 2011

Pazienza started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi Pazienza,
I concur with DT's comment: good thread - but why all the effing and blinding? I can only assume you're a northerner.

Re. round numbers - I've always been a fan of them - as are many traders here on T2W. Anyone who follows Mr. Charts' thread will know that he pays close attention to them. However, I suspect they're a bigger deal for stock traders than they are for futures traders. Why? Because there are far more amateur stock traders / investors than there are amateur futures traders. I doubt that pros care two hoots whether they enter / exit the market at a round number or just above or below it. They get in or out because that's what they want to do and they pay little attention to the exact number - round or not. But, as you said in your OP, this is just my view and it doesn't in any way negate your basic argument, which is well explained and as simple as you promised it would be. Good thread - keep it up!

Tim.
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your comments. I can see where you're coming from, although from observation I think numbers are important on any chart. Spot forex dailies zoomed out with a big round number overlay just scream at you.

I actually also think institutions / big players might find these areas more important than smaller traders.

But in the end, perception and belief are key for all of us. In my mind, anything that we are not convinced about is useless to us. Without wanting to sound too mystical, I have no problem with your perception being different to mine, and both being right, or both being wrong. I think that goes back the necessity of finding your own way, and why it is futile to try to copy anybody else.
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:45pm   #48
Joined Sep 2010

wow - you're not called pazienza for nothing (assuming thata means patience). How do you keep up concentration, or do you have alerts running to bring you back to the screen?

Excellent thread, as I'm leaning towards fewer and hopefully better trades. Please keep posting - I'm subscribed.
jimmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:53pm   #49

Joined Sep 2001

Good thread, Paz.

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pazienza