The Simplest Trading Method In The World

This is a discussion on The Simplest Trading Method In The World within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Jimmy has - it's here. No forex, just US indices and bikinis....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:53pm   #91

Joined Dec 2008
Re: The Simplest Trading Method In The World

Jimmy has - it's here. No forex, just US indices and bikinis.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:55pm   #92
Joined Jan 2011

Pazienza started this thread
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:55pm   #93
Joined Jan 2011

or

bonds for bums
commodities and jubbly-titties
but no crack spreads!

DashRiprock is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:07pm   #94
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post
or

bonds for bums
commodities and jubbly-titties
but no crack spreads!

Post some charts you. If this thread just turns into an electronic version of Razzle, I'll get grief off the mods.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:18pm   #95

Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
yes i was just going to say the same someone start a blog!

post a graph and post a pic
no munters or gayers or c0ck

someone start it!

Come on Dash, post a chart of a trade you've taken today (unless you've been playing golf)
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:57pm   #96
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
Come on Dash, post a chart of a trade you've taken today (unless you've been playing golf)
i cant show fill ledger or for fun spreabdet trade, but I can try and say why thoday for me was a day where i had to work for my ticks.

fron the grey box you can see the 1st hour from trading range, and then a peak above it then retrade that is mostly chop.you can see from yellow line that this is right on high volume area with small opening range so i am thinking "ok could have a big move from here" so i am waiting for a nice orange light from ,my strategy but it was alot of chop until the first blue arrow from the top.

from there you can see a nice downmove with BLUE candles and ema going DOWN means is good for SHORTS... BUT of you look on my graph at the yellow lines you can see that it was turning in middle of nowhere and from all the chop from before i was douting.

it still was going down but towards the high volume area from before so i am still not agreed on a proper downtrend. i have in my mind the green line for at least a change from hh to ll but still after that there is more chop!

anyway my strategy is red for a bit cos of 2 UP candles with DOWN ema but then the BLUE and DOWN goes again and I am OK for shorts from the tape/dom again.

but look again from where it turned my strategy was still ok for shorts here because its not near high volume or other day high/low and turns arounf so i am looking for shrts when it turns on a 50p coin :/

it goes back towards yellow line (look todays yellow line is in same place as yestardays im not putting in afterwards) so i am think for more chop and soon after i am stopping trading.

anyway then are auctions results and everything and tnotes go all the way up to ydats high but iu am not trading then.

anyway i hope thats OK it looks dead easy for your strategy to work when you already have the answers, today for me it was looking like chop all day until i stopped then went to the races. there was nice downtrend when i was trading but i was taking profits too soon because my idea of chop then and got caught both times on a quick pullback.
Attached Thumbnails
hardday.png  
DashRiprock is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:14am   #97
Joined Jan 2011

as well i can show the es trade you were talking about from my view

you can see top yellow line is on ydays high volume area. if its this close i dont put one in for the higs as well, but you can see big volumes in the end of es session as always so thats where the volumes come from even though is was closing on session highs :/

anyway from pink box you can see first 1:30 mins (which i think is IBR for es) and at the end its on the yellow line. and from then it is down a long way from an OPEN-TEST-DRIVE
its better of you look on your own graphs because the heikin ashi make it look like it opened at highs when it didnt.

because of the big balance range it would be hard to only take chorts from break below pink box but my strategy would have been ok for shorts from arnound the 3rd blue candle after testing.
this is a 3200 tick chart i think time charts are generally the worst for day trading :/
Attached Thumbnails
otherone.png  
Thanks! The following members like this post: robster970
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:17am   #98
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
this is a 3200 tick chart i think time charts are generally the worst for day trading :/
Good to have a different perspective on the same thing.

I tried ticks, but couldn't get on with them as well and time charts give me better results. I think I used 4000 for ES.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:39am   #99
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
I don't normally nail them that well on the exit but I was hot today.
Which one? The chic in the bikini you posted or your trade??

Peter

Last edited by wackypete2; Feb 10, 2011 at 1:19am. Reason: added bolding
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: robster970
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:42am   #100
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazienza View Post
Good to have a different perspective on the same thing.

I tried ticks, but couldn't get on with them as well and time charts give me better results. I think I used 4000 for ES.

well i dont do like candlestick analysis on intra day graphs i think cnadlesticks are good when the open and the close mean something tangible in the market instead of one hour to another or something.

so candlesticks trading is ok for daily (and specialy on exchanges) where the open and close mean something structural. on intra day it can be tick or volume or range they are better cos markets care about price and volume not about what time it is.

jusy in my mind anyway. can i post a picture now?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:44am   #101
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:

can i post a picture now?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 2:47am   #102
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
In accordance with the new rule:

Click the image to open in full size.
I wanted to go long on that, but she said I'd only get stopped out

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:52pm   #103

Joined Dec 2010

Quote:
I've been encouraged to contribute something useful instead of just f***ing around the whole time. Very well, T2W person who shall remain nameless, prepare to be bored.

I'll post some of my trades in this thread, and answer any questions in the unlikely event that there are any, or any readers to post any. I thought this was best in the beginner section because honestly this stuff is so simple and basic that if you can spell "forex" you will be insulted after you have read it.

By the way, I am not selling anything, and I never will. If you catch me trying to do it, chuck me some of the colourful abuse I am so fond of dishing out to others. I'm starting this thread because I have been shamed into it by a very friendly and good-natured private message.

OK, enough dribbling. My entire trading method depends upon a very simple and radical concept. This is an understanding of what causes price to move.

You might have your own ideas about this and good for you if you do. Pretty much everything in trading is opinion in my opinion, so disagree all you want. Don't bother posting it though, because I don't give a fat rat's a$$ about your opinion, and I hope you have the good sense to feel the same way about mine.

So, what causes price to move? Interest rates? Economic data? Company reports? NFP (whatever that is)? NO.

None of those things can move price by a single pip. It is a physical impossibility, so get used to it.

Supply and demand cause price to move. That's it. Nothing else.

I don't care about fundamentals at all. Not one bit. Why should I? There are virtually no retail traders (including me) that are trading shares, currencies, futures or whatever. If you think you are, think again. 99% of you are not, regardless of whether you trade shares, currencies, futures or whatever. You are trading something else, and it will be of enormous benefit to you if you can work out what you are really trading.

All you need to trade successfully is patience, discipline and the knowledge that supply and demand cause price to move. EVERYTHING that I use stems from this one simple fact.

It helps if you can understand that everything on your chart is an illusion, and depends entirely on your perspective, with one exception. That exception is price. Everything else, all the TA and PA and straight and squiggly lines in the world, all of it is at best total and utter bullsh1t. It helps if you understand this, but it is not essential.

Next post will show a trade that I took today. I warn you now that this one, like all the others that will follow it, is soul-crushingly dull and unbelievably simple.

I'm new here, but do go on. You have my attention1
maggieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:56pm   #104

Joined Dec 2010

Quote:
Look at the chart. See the thick line? This is 2300, which on this instrument (a bucket shop version of NQ) is a big round number. These are important. If you disagree, you are an a$$hole.

Just a quick detour. There is a member of this site who has something like "If I get to 3500 posts, somebody shoot me" as his signature. He is not asking for a bullet at 3507 posts, or 3491 posts. You meet somebody at about 3, or 6.30, or around 1. You never meet people at 17.27. Every man and his dog knows it when it's two bucks to the pound. Do you think people are going to know about it if the pound-rouble and the euro-rouble get to parity? Yes. Do you think your average punter cares if it's 1.2765 to the euro? No, they don't.

That's the last discussion of round numbers. Look at the chart and see how price reacts at 2300. If you still don't get it, try looking the chart with your f***ing eyes open.

Okay, I have my ___________eye open and no, I don't get it. Now don't yell at me. Remeber I'm a new girl here.
maggieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 3:00pm   #105

Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieo View Post
Okay, I have my ___________eye open and no, I don't get it. Now don't yell at me. Remeber I'm a new girl here.
How much screen time do you have watching price unfold in front of you?