MACD crossovers, etc

This is a discussion on MACD crossovers, etc within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Does anyone have any advice on the best way to use MACD crossovers? Also I was wondering how accurate a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 24, 2004, 6:56pm   #1

Joined May 2004
MACD crossovers, etc

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to use MACD crossovers? Also I was wondering how accurate a bullish/bearish engulfing candlestick pattern is after an up/down trend? And has anyone had any success with either of these approaches to trading.

Thanks.

J
traderjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 7:04pm   #2

6 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
i think the best use of MACD is with divergence. The area between the 2 MA's are plotted above and below a 0 line, called a histogram. If price makes a new high but the histogram doesnt, then you are looking at a divergence. Combine with candlestick patterns and I think you'll find it decently workable. My favorite candlestick patterns are the engulfing, doji and hammers. The rest Im not too sure about.

Hope this helps
boxster332 is offline   Reply With Quote