Free website for beginners to learn trading together

This is a discussion on Free website for beginners to learn trading together within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi all. i just thought i would introduce myself and let you know about a simple concept i have decided ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 1, 2004, 4:01pm   #1
Joined Apr 2004
Free website for beginners to learn trading together

Hi all.

i just thought i would introduce myself and let you know about a simple concept i have decided to take action on.

i like so many others want to experience the thrill and excitment of stock market trading, and fully appreciate the pitfalls that so many have taken before me.
I have read loads of charting books, trading styles and even been of several seminar courses, but in the end, its still me that has to make the final decision about if i do or do not spend my hard earned cash on this or that share.

thats when i remebered my old granny saying, " two heads are better than one, my boy" (this was usually when she was dragging around me by the ear!!)
Anyway, it hit me that there are loads of other newbie traders, each making the same mistakes and learning new tricks just like me. And each of us will see a different story when looking at a chart, or company report ect etc.
I may see a good buy signal, but you may see womething hidden in the background i missed. Working together like this we could make better personal trading decisions.

So i did something about it and made a website at solutionseeker.net

The idea here is that we can happily pass info back and forth, we can help each other out and all benefit. I will try to bring all of your comments together, along with your trading suggestions and anything else you feel relevant.
i even expose myself and show my current trading balance, currently not doing very well , (any help appreciated)

Please have a look, tell me your thoughts and make regular returns.
It has been hard till now to get it ready, and i hope it serves a purpose for you and me.

Those that are interested in options trading, there has been a regular to the site that has over 15 years options trading experience, and he has kindly offered to give a free educational seminar in london on how to trade options correctly and successfully. He is a normal everyday guy, who just wants to help out. He has nothing to sell you, or has any personal gain.Have a look on the site, if interested just e-mail me to confirm your place.

Thanks all

Matt
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 4:44pm   #2
Joined Apr 2004
Free Options education seminar for all

rockrat started this thread Hi all.

i just thought i would introduce myself and let you know about a simple website i have made for all beginners at solutionseeker.net

The idea here is that we can happily pass info back and forth, we can help each other out and all benefit. I will try to bring all of your comments together, along with your trading suggestions and anything else you feel relevant.
i even expose myself and show my current trading balance, currently not doing very well , (any help appreciated)

Please have a look, tell me your thoughts and make regular returns.
It has been hard till now to get it ready, and i hope it serves a purpose for you and me.

The main reason for posting here is that for those that are interested in options trading, there has been a regular visitor to the site who has over 15 years options trading experience, and he has kindly offered to give a free educational seminar in london on how to trade options correctly and successfully. He is a normal everyday guy, who just wants to help out. He has nothing to sell you, or has any personal gain.
His words, "if i can help somebody else from making the same mistakes i did, then i am happy to do so". Cant say fairer than that can you?

Have a look on the site, if interested just e-mail me to confirm your place.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:33pm   #3
Joined Apr 2004
website for beginners - support required and appreciated

rockrat started this thread Hi everyone,

I like many others am a relative beginner to trading, with a very small starting capital of just £1000k, though to be honest to me thats a lot.
I have spent over 6 months trying to educate myself technical analysis and fundamentals etc etc and have come to the conclusion the only real way i can start is by SB to build the pot up.

On one expensive and reasonably useless course i attended where there were probably 600+ people, it hit me that what we should do is pool our resources and help each other out and test our theories together. Just like what this excellent site offers really. But one thing that i noticed when talking to people there and since, is the feeling of looking stupid, or being intimidated by traders terminology, or lack of experience when sourcing help/advice in general. Thus they end up just "getting on with it" and losing loads of cash. I agreed entirely with these thoughts at the time. "Maybe we should just have a novice traders site somewhere" i thought.

Rather than just think about it, i decided action was needed and got on with it and created solutionseeker.net
The concept is this simple, 2 heads are better than one, 10 are even better still. I may see a prime buy signal but may have missed something you pick up on, and collaboration would make better decisions made individually.

What i was hoping for was if any of the more experienced traders out there, Chartman, Mr Charts, Naz etc etc anyone, would be willing to make the odd comment/contribution every once in a while. I know you all offer heaps of experience here on T2W, but would gratefully appreciate anything that would help towards the goal of this site - which is simply to offer those that like me are novices and have small capital's and like the idea of knowing that the website they are on is specifically designed for them only, and they can have active input.

Thanks all for reading. I trust the moderators will put this post in the right forum for me.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:34pm   #4
Joined Apr 2004
rockrat started this thread eerrr i started with £1000 , not £1000k!!
i wish i had that much. sorry
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:09pm   #5

8 Posts
Joined May 2004
Does not seem your doing too well at the moment - with a loss of £900 !!!!!!!
ridders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 6:09am   #6
Joined May 2004
rockrat,

I like your website mate! I think mutual support is important for novice traders. Share what we've learned and learn from each others mistakes. The stakes are against us with a 95% failure, I dont think there is anything in life that we have strived for that has such a steep learning curve. We need to do something different to the crowd to survive. but I think the possible rewards make the effort of staying in the game for the long hawl worth it!
pkfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 7:53am   #7
Joined Jul 2003
Rockrat - a little surprised you thought t2w didn't offer you the facilities you thought you needed.

There are some fine guides to all aspects of trading in the 'first steps' forum and unparallelled support, especially for new traders from the more experienced traders here on t2w.

Anyhow, good luck with your site and even more importantly, with your trading.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote