Free website for beginners to learn trading together

This is a discussion on Free website for beginners to learn trading together within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by rockrat bramble, if you read i did say this site was excellent and did offer the services, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:19pm   #11
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrat
bramble, if you read i did say this site was excellent and did offer the services, but is not dedicated to novices,
I did read it RR, that's how I was able to respond so supportively.

The problem with a site dedicated to novices - who's going to teach who what?
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:35pm   #12
Buk
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
yes, i have lost £752, thats the whole point, i am making mistakes and am still learning. maybe i could do with some advise....theres a thought........wonder where i could get it without being made to feel small. doh!
we're all still learning mate! which is why this community exists, to help each other. The genuine peeps on the board will never make anyone feel small or embarrassed about asking questions & seeking advice. Every single individual here has been where you are right now, and if you're intending entering & continuing in the big bad world of trading, you need to aquire "another skin" & stick yer hand up if you require direction!!....as the folks have already pointed out, most everything you require is here in the one stop shop......just get your compass out & navigate around!! - good luck to you!
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:09pm   #13
Joined Apr 2004
rockrat started this thread brambles,
i dont feel i am coming across in a good light here. maybe i am being a little too defensive, its just i have worked so hard with what i feel is a great idea.
there is not meant to really be any "teaching" if the plan for my site is correct.
my aim is collaboration, to learn together. to discuss ideas buy/sell signals and together make more informed decisions. hence we are all both teachers and students. thats why i asked if anyone was prepared to offer the odd bit of support, now and then. if somebody makes a suggested share indication, and you feel that they missed something, a simple comment would be enough. not constantly.

T2W is , as l aready said, an excellent very very informative site. i cant find any other that is as good for the UK community. it is just very broad in its information content, i am trying to offer a specific site.

thanks all for the comments
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:59pm   #14

Joined Nov 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrat
Who's jaki?
The nick is Jacki, actually, and by sheer coincidence 'she' writes in an identical way to you, such as i instead of I and 'thanks all' at the end. Oh, and 'she' also has the identical IP address to you.

It would be helpful if you would confine your future postings to just one nickname.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 4:10pm   #15
Joined Dec 2003
Whoose a naughty boy then? or is it girl? or a combination of the two!!!!!!!

Regards

bracke
bracke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 9:14pm   #16

Joined Jan 2004
Skim you old sleuth you No invite to the mystery weekend for you
Old Jun 6, 2004, 4:45pm   #17
Joined Aug 2003
Boy is that Skimvestigator sharp !

I.T
IndexTycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 6:57pm   #18
Joined May 2004
I've noticed this happening several times! People creating different users... what is the point in that? The only reason I can think is that they are up to no good. People that the old skimvestigator detects as having the same IP should be automatically band as they aren't the sort of characters we want around these boards!
pkfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:45pm   #19
Joined Apr 2004
rockrat started this thread yes i posted both.
i am however the "friend" that the system was purchased for. I was offered the system by Jackie through contact via my website, and after much conversation and time, said that if i could be convinced by proof (banking statements etc) then it would seem silly of me not to get involved wouldnt it? if everything being said was true after all.
Long story short, i have not got 5k, even though i do feel that enough convincing evidence was shown to me.
I kindly offered to attempt to help recover some of the losses, as i felt guilty that i may have mislead jackie into getting the system on my behalf.
So, i suggested i would take the time on Jackies behalf to mention it here using jackies own words, under that name, as well as send a mail to those from my site saying the same.
The contact address under jackies profile is not mine, it goes direct. I dont know if it is still available or has now been sold.

Sorry to disapoint all those that like a "good scandal", or just generally have a go.
Proof to this for me really has been the amount of people that have actually e-mailed me recently and agreed with my own thoughts, i.e whilst this site is probably the best Uk site for trading info and combined knowledge, it takes forever to sift through to get what you need, and some of the replies given to those that are newbies and genuinley dont understand can be sarcastic and generally offputting.
seems plenty others share my thoughts on this.

If i was "up to no good" then i would not openly put my personal details on both this site and my own. I am a normal guy looking to learn, making mistakes and trying new things out. Possibly, i am the one that has been "taken" here, as i was the one offered this system. My own concience (spelt wrong i am sure) is what made me offer to help Jackie recover the supposed loss. Since i have heard no more from Jackie maybe it was too good to be true, who knows. At least i did not lose anymore cash, my trades are doing that well enough!!

It is a fact of life that those that actually do something tend to get knocked by those that wish they had, or could or should have. I have taken the time to offer a helping start for those beginners that feel the need for it and appreciate the support.

To those that have offered support via mail i thank you, please keep visiting.
To the rest that like a good old "slagging off" , i dont mind being this weeks target. Roll on next week - something new.
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:26pm   #20

Joined Jan 2004
as I understand it, a person bought a trading software package for you.
( in the grounds it was very good ).
you cant afford the 5K fee.
so you want to sell it on to someone else. to help your friend out of a predicament.

I find nothing wrong with any of the above,

Rockrat, you are right, that people tend to be suspicious about these things.
Dont let that worry you.

May I put another spin on it ?
If your friend is really confident this system works, then he/she hasnt really "lost" the money !
If they have two systems, all it means is thta it will take twice as long to cover their costs.
( if you have spent 5K on a system, and you anticipate break even in 4 months.
If you bought it twice, it will take 8 months to break even - ie cover the cost of buying the system ).

The only time you should think of "lost" money, is when you feel you have bought a dud.

If there is high confidence in the system, you should noe thinking of "lost" money - only how long you have to wait before it pays for itself.

Whatever happens, dont stop posting, and dont be put off by a few suspicious people amidst a lot of positive people.

have a good weekend.
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote