Free website for beginners to learn trading together

This is a discussion on Free website for beginners to learn trading together within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi rockrat, Good website - even though there are lots of adverts. As Bramble has pointed out, there are good ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 5, 2004, 10:31am   #8

Joined Jan 2004
Hi rockrat,

Good website - even though there are lots of adverts.
As Bramble has pointed out, there are good threads on this site for novices.
The problem of different websites, is that you run the risk of dispersing the knowledge all over the net.
I have this website as my major portal to all things trading. ( its the constant info that is useful ).
I think you would be better placed to keep all your insights together, so we dont have to remember a disparate number of websites.

Also, dont be afraid to ask silly questions.
Someone on this site has the saying "A man who asks a silly question is a fool for 5 minutes. A man who doent ask the silly question, may remain a fool for life". ( or something like that )

Good luck on your trading.
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 10:38am   #9

Joined Nov 2000
Rockrat - you are obviously just posting here to publicise your website. But you've now posted it FOUR times, so please refrain from doing so again.

Oh, and do you happen to know Jacki?
http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/sh...058#post104058
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:00pm   #10
Joined Apr 2004
comments

rockrat started this thread sorry if i am proud of the hard work and effort that i have spent over the last 2 months learning HTML for the first time, discovering what FTP'ing is and trying to get a "good idea" going and then maybe being a little too vocal about it Skimble...
Who's jaki?
Adverts, well i simply linked to the graphics on other sites i use to be able to allow others to link straight through from the site. The only ones i hate, are the ones of the home page where i have try'd to join webrings and traffic bringers.
i am however beginning to think they dont bring any value, and not really any quality visitors, so point taken on those trendie.
bramble, if you read i did say this site was excellent and did offer the services, but is not dedicated to novices, and i know others do not feel it is 100% supportive of nervous, apprehensive beginners looking to dip there feet and looking to have their hands held a little.
i mean, just look at the few responces i have to this mail, not exactly overflowing with support are they (except pkfryer).
yes, i have lost currently £752. thats the whole point, i am making mistakes and am still learning. maybe i could do with some advise.......theres a thought..............wonder where i could get it without being made to feel small. doh!
shame really.....................
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:19pm   #11
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrat
bramble, if you read i did say this site was excellent and did offer the services, but is not dedicated to novices,
I did read it RR, that's how I was able to respond so supportively.

The problem with a site dedicated to novices - who's going to teach who what?
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:35pm   #12
Buk
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
yes, i have lost £752, thats the whole point, i am making mistakes and am still learning. maybe i could do with some advise....theres a thought........wonder where i could get it without being made to feel small. doh!
we're all still learning mate! which is why this community exists, to help each other. The genuine peeps on the board will never make anyone feel small or embarrassed about asking questions & seeking advice. Every single individual here has been where you are right now, and if you're intending entering & continuing in the big bad world of trading, you need to aquire "another skin" & stick yer hand up if you require direction!!....as the folks have already pointed out, most everything you require is here in the one stop shop......just get your compass out & navigate around!! - good luck to you!
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:09pm   #13
Joined Apr 2004
rockrat started this thread brambles,
i dont feel i am coming across in a good light here. maybe i am being a little too defensive, its just i have worked so hard with what i feel is a great idea.
there is not meant to really be any "teaching" if the plan for my site is correct.
my aim is collaboration, to learn together. to discuss ideas buy/sell signals and together make more informed decisions. hence we are all both teachers and students. thats why i asked if anyone was prepared to offer the odd bit of support, now and then. if somebody makes a suggested share indication, and you feel that they missed something, a simple comment would be enough. not constantly.

T2W is , as l aready said, an excellent very very informative site. i cant find any other that is as good for the UK community. it is just very broad in its information content, i am trying to offer a specific site.

thanks all for the comments
rockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:59pm   #14

Joined Nov 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrat
Who's jaki?
The nick is Jacki, actually, and by sheer coincidence 'she' writes in an identical way to you, such as i instead of I and 'thanks all' at the end. Oh, and 'she' also has the identical IP address to you.

It would be helpful if you would confine your future postings to just one nickname.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote