Very Low Capital Trading

This is a discussion on Very Low Capital Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; adrianallen99 "The sneaky tactics arent really trading as such, and would be pretty pointless on high capital. They are also ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 11, 2004, 5:20pm   #29
Joined Dec 2003
adrianallen99

"The sneaky tactics arent really trading as such, and would be pretty pointless on high capital. They are also not very secret and not very sneaky, but it made me about £200 to start with, with no real work and no risk."

You must surely realise that you aren't going to get away with this explanation. More detail please

Regards

bracke
bracke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:11pm   #30

Joined Nov 2003
I also enquired about the strategy, and was told by Adrian that he would set out the details for me. Since then I have sent2 emails to Adrian asking for the details he volunteered but have heard nothing more. Not sure if I will get to hear how it is done...

David
Buddhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:42pm   #31

Joined May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianallen99
Often with trading small capital it is difficult to stick to the best money management rules. Trying to risk 1-3% is hard so you often end up risking 5-10% possible more. In the long term doing this with higher capital is asking for trouble.
So would it be fair to say that in your experience, by sticking to the strictly to your trading rules like stop losses, that when the capital is low, then it has been worthwhile risking 5-10% of the capital on each trade?
Quote:
Also fixed odds financial betting on some sites such as betfair, you will nearly always get the odds you want when betting low amounts, but start to increase this and you find it harder. Okay in theory it should work the same, but in practice you probably need to be a bit more conservative when you have larger amounts.
Does this mean you are doing sports bets rather than trading stocks/indices/forex at the low capital levels?
Quote:
The sneaky tactics arent really trading as such, and would be pretty pointless on high capital. They are also not very secret and not very sneaky, but it made me about £200 to start with, with no real work and no risk
I know finspreads give you £100 (attend free course & open an account (£100 min I think)) so can you let us how you get £200
firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 8:44am   #32

Joined Oct 2003
adrianallen99 started this thread Nope I don't do sports betting (okay so I had some money on the super bowl and the grandnational). I do the financial bets on these sites.
adrianallen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:01am   #33

Joined May 2004
Quote:
I do the financial bets on these sites.
Aha! Had a second look at the site and finally found the section you are looking at.

So ... for low capital, I take it that the odds on betfair are better than those at SBs?
firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:09am   #34

Joined Oct 2003
adrianallen99 started this thread Maybe, maybe not. But if you have £100, you can risk £2 min bet on betfair. Which is 2% of capital. The odds you can can range from 1000 x your stake down to 1.01 x your stake. They are straight win/lose bets. So you know you exact position (what you can lose/win).

Of course it isn't easy, but with a decent strategy you can make money.
adrianallen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 1:19pm   #35

4 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
will I reach £1000?

I have been trading part-time for a couple of years with some success until one day i risked to much and yes I lost it! in the end i needed what money I had left in my sb account so took it out. about 6 months past and I wanted to get back in the game again but due to my finacial situation did not have any money to trade with. I had used betfair before so went to the site and deposited £50. that was 4 days ago, I am at £81 now just betting in £2's will post again to let you know of my situation.
lennonac is offline   Reply With Quote