Does anybody had any experience with Market-Tutors ?

This is a discussion on Does anybody had any experience with Market-Tutors ? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Personally, I would have thought it easier to do a search and try to find out something, than type 15 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:31pm   #31

Joined Mar 2003
Personally, I would have thought it easier to do a search and try to find out something, than type 15 odd lines, BUT since you can't be bothered, I did a search for you..
http://www.csfb.com/news/html/2001/f..._13_2001.shtml

If you want some more enlightement.. try Ian Wace ( Ex Warburgs, Ex Deutsche Bank) http://www.thisismoney.com/20030714/nm65409.html

I've worked as a trader for investment banks for last 17 years. I do not have any glamour fantasies. ( nor any wannabe investment banker fantasies...)

Last edited by CityTrader; Aug 17, 2003 at 5:48pm.
CityTrader is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:59pm   #32
Joined Jul 2003
From a beginners point of view people offer courses for one thing only( to make money! its not a bad thing, and no offence to people who do it). Im just supprised nobody has come up with a premium rate phone line version yet, give them a ring at 9.30 pm and they will tell you where the Dow is going the next day. Cheers, Peedee.
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 9:40pm   #33
Joined Dec 2002
Hey, thats actually not a bad idea PD : maybe a few of us could club together, get several views of where the markets are going, amalgamate them all into one and offer it out at £2/min? By the time you'd got through the various jargon, indemnities and the like, you'd be up to at least a tenner a call... It still wouldnt make any sense, but each to their own.

From the sounds of it, wayno and mma could certainly offer conflicting views, I'd chip in with a bit of essential sarcasm, we'll get Sunseeker, Chartman, Mr.Charts and all the mods involved, and by the time you've listened to the whole recording each night, we'd all make a killing.

So, who's going to mention it first? You can have global rights to it PD, as it was your idea, but I want a cut for my marketing input, okay?

Free app for traders.
rossored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 10:21pm   #34

Joined Nov 2001
Money Machine

Great idea:

Lets improve upon it Rossored.

Lets alternate reply tapes so that caller number one gets a "Buy" call and caller number two gets a "Sell" call etc, etc.

And publish winning trades and print the testimonials.

You're a genius Peedee

Old Aug 17, 2003, 10:47pm   #35
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
I am pretty sure that you would have to be FSA registered to offer investment advice on the direction of the Dow. Interestingly enough the same does not apply to horseracing tipsters and I have never understood why ? So a way round it maybe be to say that you are recommending a horse called Dowboy to win in the 3.30 New York Stakes. The win would be the expected up movement and 3.30pm the time you expect the up move to start.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:02pm   #36
Joined Oct 2001
Have a look at http://www.thisismoney.com/20030717/nm65552.html ,
number 7.
smileypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:07pm   #37
Joined Jul 2003
Well, it would need a bit of fine tuning, but it was only an idea that would cost a lot less than £2500. Peedee.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:10pm   #38
Joined Jul 2003
By the way Paul, horseracing is where i got the idea from, it seems to work for them. Cheers, Peedee.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:16pm   #39
Joined Jul 2003
Rossored, dont worry about money and marketing rights just yet, we are going to have to get a structured pay scheme into place depending on input into the whole thing, but i am sure you will be financially better off no matter what. Cheers, Peedee.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 3:07pm   #40
mma
Joined Aug 2003
* Personally, I would have thought it easier to do a search and try to find out something, than type 15 odd lines, BUT since you can't be bothered, I did a search for you.. *

nah , writing my own stuff is much better than searching for some 2rd rate bank trader.

And no matter how many posts you make , it won't change the fact that out of 20 + market wizards , there is only 1 bank trader.

Oh , and speaking of links , here's one :

www.iasg.com . choose the 3rd line , specify - profitability ratio & record since tha start of trading - and hey presto !

Out of the top 30 funds shown ONLY 1 belongs to a bank , so much for the theory that banks are anything other than mediocore traders.

in the real trading world , results count , in the banking world , politics count and so does sticking one's head in the sand to avoid the shame of reality .
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2003, 3:21pm   #41

Joined Mar 2003
hey mma... maybe the banks prop books aren't open to the public? maybe that's why there aren't any in your list? maybe the banks trading figures are buried so deep in internal accounts that nobody outside has a need to know?
still what does (say) Michael Sherwood know? right? only worth about £125Million on the back of what Goldmans pay him, as head of commodities and fixed income TRADING (Europe). Gosh.. just think of all the money he must have made for Goldman's to pay him that much? OR do you really think it's just because he's a nice guy, and smiles at all the right people? Or maybe he just "sticks his head in the sand to avoid the shame of reality????"
Old Aug 18, 2003, 7:53pm   #42
mma
Joined Aug 2003
Nonsense , it clearly list the highest ranking bank fund as no.30 , ie ) there are 29 funds beating the hell out of CSFB. it's as simple as that .

So perhaps banks should be making more of their accounts public to justify their claims . I wonder why they don't ? could it be that banks know from their public funds that to publish any more would unveil them even more as the hypsters that they are .

where do you think the fools that bankrupted LTCM come from ??
I'll tell you for free - Merryl Lynch.

And IASG is not MY list , I have nothing to do with them , they are an independant rating organization.

Last edited by mma; Aug 18, 2003 at 8:02pm.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 8:18pm   #43

Joined Mar 2003
Banks run prop books as well as hedge funds. The hedge funds are accountable to ther investors, and have the returns ranked & audited. Prop books are completely internal - normally run by trading desks ( rather than Asset managers or the PM's who may run a hedge fund for the same umbrella organisation) I have worked as a trarder for 3 investment banks in London, and not one of them's prop books is available to inspection to anyone other than (internal) auditors, banking & regulatory bodies, and management.
I think we should now leave it alone, in as much, that we beg to differ. ?

Last edited by CityTrader; Aug 18, 2003 at 8:25pm.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 1:33am   #44
mma
Joined Aug 2003
* Prop books are completely internal - normally run by trading desks *

an obvious statement that does nothing to support the false claim that bank traders are top . It still begs the question , which I cut & paste ( thank god for microsoft o/w my fingers would be worn out with conversations like this ) :

* So perhaps banks should be making more of their accounts public to justify their claims . I wonder why they don't ? could it be that banks know from their public funds that to publish any more would unveil them even more as the hypsters that they are . *

which is a very valid question , since you and your bank masters are trying to make an assertion for which there can never be any real validation ( given that the accounts remain always private ) .

It's kind of like me saying " hey I'm the best SB player ever BUT my accounts will never be disclosed to the anyl of you " - would be a rather vain and dishonest claim.

* Banks run prop books as well as hedge funds. The hedge funds are accountable to ther investors, and have the returns ranked & audited. *

And apparently they are pretty rubbish at running hedge funds.

Agree to disagree ? well , yes and no , because it's not only you and I that involved here .

I am under a duty to constantly refute the lie that banks are the best at trading , since clearly the independant data rejects this view .

Memebers of this board are intelligent enough then to decide what they want to believe . This is what I believe we can leave it at.

til then I fight the good fight .
Old Sep 17, 2003, 1:13am   #45
Joined Aug 2003
"Also I travveled to milton keyes to meet the blokes behind it. had nothng to hide, and when i was there were buying the S&P's for £100 a point so at leats I could see them trading. traderd with a 2 point stop loss when i was there, and i watched them take 7 points. I may have been lucky of course to see them "

is that a misprint or is it possible(which i doubt very much)to trade £100 a point and have a 2 point stop loss.wouldnt that wipe you out instantly?
vill4n is offline   Reply With Quote