Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

This is a discussion on Larry Levin Secrets of Traders within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; To whom it may concern I have been trying to trade for 20 years with awful results. It wasn't until ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:27pm   #148

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

To whom it may concern
I have been trying to trade for 20 years with awful results. It wasn't until I signed up with TA that things began to change for the better. I now know why I am getting into trades and have a much better understanding of how markets work. Dan O'Brien is hands down the best trader I have ever seen. It is a pleasure to learn from you guys.
Joe D
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:39pm   #149

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

Excelletnt trading. I knew nothing about futures. Now I am a very successful trader. Excellent customer service. I can ask any questionand all are always answered.

If you've beena trader or never have been Trader Advantage is your best tool.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:40pm   #150

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by needabuck View Post
Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?
We have been with Secrets of Traders for almost a year. We are still learning. The material is good. There are a series of lessons which show the criteria for entering specific types of trades. In the trading room they discuss the specific trades as they set up (although many happen quickly) and you can then decide if you want to take the trade or not.

They also teach trading psychology which I happen to think is a very important part of trading.

I think if you put the effort into reading, studying, listening to the materials you will be rewarded. It takes time to learn to trade-use the sim for awhile before trading real money!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:48pm   #151

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

I have been a member of this Program for about 3 months now, and in my opinion, it is by far the best trading program out there. Trading Advantage is the only school that I know of that actually teaches you how to be a trader. That being said, it is not easy to become a professional trader; it will take patience and persistence. But if you come in with an open mind and apply yourself, you will learn how to consistently be profitable trading.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:50pm   #152

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

i have been with larry dan and pat since sept 2010.
the main thing i have learned is what trades to say out of this has increce my win ratio.
also trade with the trend i use to guess when the bottom was and go against the trend loosing me a lot of money.
knowing when to enter and understanding high volume areas also takes the fear and panic you may feel when trying to deciding when to enter a trade.

great work guy i want to enroll my Kids in the course as soon as im making real money

peter

Last edited by peterking; Mar 16, 2011 at 6:10pm.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:06pm   #153

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

[QUOTE=needabuck;676838]Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?[/Q

I have been in the course for 2 weeks. Instructors are great
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:07pm   #154

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

I have been in the course for 2 weeks. Instructors are great
Closed Thread