Trading on Borrowed Time - Part 1

This is a discussion on Trading on Borrowed Time - Part 1 within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Trading on Borrowed Time - Part 1 " by Jea Yu ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:01am   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Trading on Borrowed Time - Part 1

We've just published a new T2W article called "Trading on Borrowed Time - Part 1" by Jea Yu.

Quick Summary: Any trader, including you, could at some point find yourself in a proverbial minefield with huge intra day losses. In a fit of desperation, you put on crazy Hail Mary trades with double, triple, and quadruple the normal size just looking for that miracle.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:01am   #2
Joined Aug 2003
A good introduction to trading
gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:32pm   #3

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Enlightening and entertaining. Thanks for the wake-up call.
onyourfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:50pm   #4

2 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Love your work

This article is just awesome ... puts things in perspective ... I forwarded it to a friend of mine, who trades like the guy lost at the land mine
reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:51pm   #5

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Re: Trading on Borrowed Time - Part 1

The article is very informative and mind blowing. Giving the idea of trading and way people burst.Patience is the key of trading
jamerobet6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:52pm   #6
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Informed and illuminating piece of work ......

Jea Yu this is an excellent piece of writing and resonates in many many more fields than just trading

In my early teens I was already a very "accomplished" Gambler from helping out in my Father and Grandfathers bookmaking business from before I could walk.......and being fortunate enough to have learned from a lot of knowlegable gamblers over the years

at 16 I was using multiple bookmaking accounts and betting serious levels of money on horseracing and making good money......I was incessant in my research to perfect a system - and eventually found one that for about a month delivered astonishing returns .......I was finally invincible and spoke to my dad about it who told me it was good but not to be foolish with the bets as that would put me in the mindset of every punter he fleeced most weeks......wise words I never heeded as I was now unbeatable

I researched the forthcoming saturday and 100% winners sprang from every race almost....it was the most tempting volume of racebets I had ever seen in my life and I was lured into pushing over 90% of my saved bank onto the table in search of the Holy Grail getting the early Odds needed by laying money in advance and waiting for the many many thousands to be returned to me .......

which never happened..I had my worst day ever in over 2-3 years of serious Gambling ....I got absolutely killed and was a wreck by the end of the day as I could not take the bets back and got buried .....the systm had a bad day and I had the motherload on the table

Dad knew me and sat me down first ensuring I was not bankcrupt and also hadnt borrowed to do it ...I hadnt fortunately !

biggest lesson of my life and a wake up call to me ........sure I still gambled the horses as it was in my blood but I knuckled down to my studies and made sure I got a good education and then an Accounting qualification to ensure I could always earn a living from non Gambling acvtivities .....

looking forward to part 2

Neil
NVP
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:02pm   #7
Joined Dec 2013
Interesting Article

Good read, the market is made up 100% of humans and the psychology that comes along with being human:) I found other reads into Behavioral Finance to compliment this article. Such a great topic to shine light on especially for the new trader.
JonathanLeon is offline   Reply With Quote