Dodgy Course & Mentors

This is a discussion on Dodgy Course & Mentors within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; All well and good to say "poor student" however on a mechanical system that is a simple ema cross, would ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:53am   #16
Joined Feb 2017
gtspeed started this thread All well and good to say "poor student" however on a mechanical system that is a simple ema cross, would have to be pretty thick not to follow the said rules of enter here exist there.

As being said the system does not work in the real world and will end up in a loss, trading is hard and that is a simple fact. However to sell something that you know will cost someone a lot of money that they probably cannot afford is immoral.

Gary
gtspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:59am   #17
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Plenty of snakes out there that will take away the last pennies from people without blinking an eye.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:39pm   #18
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt trader View Post
Sad but true , I am on a FX group full Nigerian Generals , wonder if Chris Chillingworth the Spreadbet Bullsh**er trained them, oh wait I think he is organising the Trump summit with Korea but seriously very sad that some people lose due to so called mentors. Rather than rant about loses or poke at "Poor Students" why not change the direction and talk about what can help some traders that can show that trading can be a good place to earn and enjoy
Because they can't trade so they do the next best thing and con everyone. I am sure there are many good ones out there but I don't care to ever dive in. I've been lucky to have been given good I formation before I entered this endeavour. People are very gullable and its no wonder they are making a killing selling signals and education. Their business model is simple. Keep churning people through the door and cover yourself with small print.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:57pm   #19
Joined Nov 2003
Reading this thread it looks highly possible that:

gtspeed is also tt trader and possibly edmond360 as well. Maybe a check by Trade2Win Admin is in order?
Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kaeso
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:13pm   #20
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmond360 View Post
Learning to trade, so ok, what is it that you need to learn? I don't think following rules from a profitable trading system takes any real learning at all, a child could do that flawlessly from day one. So go ahead, name me one actual tangible thing that needs to be taught by an experienced trader to an inexperienced one in order to make them profitable.
You're right, there's nothing to learn, what there is to know you know already. Good luck
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:48pm   #21
Joined Mar 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
You're right, there's nothing to learn, what there is to know you know already. Good luck
Thanks. So if I understand correctly, you've been through the clichéd rubbish spouted in typical trading courses one by one, realised that anyone could easily point out how they were all completely irrelevant to a rules based trading system, and then decided to back out with a sarcastic and pointless reply.

What there is to learn is global macroeconomics or stochastic calculus, if you want to predict the markets with something more than basic statistics. In a rules based retail trader system, the educator has purportedly done all of the leg work already and has a profitable system. The only thing they need to sell now is the sheet of paper with their rules on it. What you persistently have ignored here is why would this educator want to teach you about doing your own leg work? Either they failed and don't make money, or they are taking the attitude of "get lost, do your own work I'm not going to give you my system, make your own because screw you". So tell me, why would you pay them a single penny either way? The fact you can't see that it's a scam and the student is being mugged off is pretty shocking.
edmond360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:27pm   #22
Joined Feb 2017
gtspeed started this thread Nope I am my own person with own views.

Gary
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:37pm   #23
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
.. So if I understand correctly, you've been through the clichéd rubbish spouted in typical trading courses one by one, realised that anyone could easily point out how they were all completely irrelevant to a rules based trading system, and then decided to back out with a sarcastic and pointless reply.
You're right this is exactly what happened

Quote:
What there is to learn is global macroeconomics or stochastic calculus, if you want to predict the markets with something more than basic statistics. In a rules based retail trader system, the educator has purportedly done all of the leg work already and has a profitable system. The only thing they need to sell now is the sheet of paper with their rules on it. What you persistently have ignored here is why would this educator want to teach you about doing your own leg work? Either they failed and don't make money, or they are taking the attitude of "get lost, do your own work I'm not going to give you my system, make your own because screw you". So tell me, why would you pay them a single penny either way? The fact you can't see that it's a scam and the student is being mugged off is pretty shocking.
Right again! you're on a roll
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:00pm   #24

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Next time, just do the opposite of whatever you did and you'll make a mint - Simples!
Yep, you’re spot on. Apart from the occasional zero (we’ll call the spread), had you of done the opposite to me you would have won a lot of money Friday night. It really is that simple.

PS: I play black or red on roulette. (We’ll call this up or down/long or short)

Lee

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:11pm   #25

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Learning to trade, so ok, what is it that you need to learn? I don't think following rules from a profitable trading system takes any real learning at all, a child could do that flawlessly from day one. So go ahead, name me one actual tangible thing that needs to be taught by an experienced trader to an inexperienced one in order to make them profitable.
Ok, so you want to know what an experienced trader (and profitable one) can teach you. Just one actual tangible thing: so here goes:

You lost money. Get over it and get back to trading or learning to trade.

Sound harsh?

I lose money all the time to the markets, however you won’t hear me harping on or ranting on about it. In fact you won’t see it affect me in the slightest. I simply accept it as part of life and trading in particular and carry on.

You can do one of two things here:

1). Constantly moan and use your time to expose (in your interpretation) a dodgy sales course/salesman/mentor/teacher etc.

Or

2). Get on with your life, put the couple of hundred quid loss behind you and keep positive. Belive me when I say that when trading, your biggest loss is yet to come. Let it go and move on otherwise you’ll allow it to hold you back.

Lee

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:47pm   #26
Joined Mar 2017
Eh I'm not moaning about my losses or about a dodgy trading course. The opening poster took the course, it didn't make him money, and he correctly determined it was a scam. Your replies to this have been along the lines of "shut up, quit complaining, not everything is scam, that's life, perhaps your losses are your own fault". I think that's pretty distasteful.

I'm trying to be helpful by explaining the objective reasons why almost every trading course will be a scam. You can joke and speak down to me, but that won't change which one of us knows what he's talking about and which one is just perpetuating utter nonsense about 'learning to trade'.
edmond360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:03pm   #27
Joined Feb 2017
gtspeed started this thread Wow boys boys , are we not grown up here. Got one idiot calling on administers who should really get a life and others having a argument that is unwarranted. We all have opinions that are fair and valid but don't fight. At the end of the day we all pretty much know the likes of Chillingworth the Spreadbet bullsh**er are leaches preying on peoples dreams.

There are good guys out there like Chris Butcher and Charlie Burton who know their stuff. Is it not better to concentrate on helping get better rather than being upset and arguing for no real reason.

Gary
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:03pm   #28
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtspeed View Post
Wow boys boys , are we not grown up here. Got one idiot calling on administers who should really get a life and others having a argument that is unwarranted. We all have opinions that are fair and valid but don't fight. At the end of the day we all pretty much know the likes of Chillingworth the Spreadbet bullsh**er are leaches preying on peoples dreams.

There are good guys out there like Chris Butcher and Charlie Burton who know their stuff. Is it not better to concentrate on helping get better rather than being upset and arguing for no real reason.
i like how you are somehow removed from the argument now.. erm... because you were right all along and didn't listen and understand anything that has been said? Hmm i wonder where a similar thing could have happened in the past...
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:35pm   #29
Joined Feb 2017
gtspeed started this thread I understand fully , just feel a war of words is not really something productive. I just wanted to highlight an issue I thought was valid.

Gary
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:52pm   #30

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
A great response to this course bashing Lee. You hit the nail right on the head there when you talk of taking the opposite side of the signal

The meandering, muddled response from all three complainers further illustrates how right you are and suggests its probably more a case of poor student, than poor teacher here
The entry “signal” is only the start of it and it moves your account not one jot. It’s the exit that moves your account and there’s nothing to say that if you take the opposite side of the losing system’s entry signal then you will go on to exit profitably.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kaeso