What It Takes To Become An Elite Trader

This is a discussion on What It Takes To Become An Elite Trader within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " What It Takes To Become An Elite Trader " by Alan ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:00pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
What It Takes To Become An Elite Trader

We've just published a new T2W article called "What It Takes To Become An Elite Trader" by Alan Farley.

Quick Summary: Alan Farley covers the qualities needed to become a consistently profitable trader.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:27am   #2
Joined Oct 2008
Re: What It Takes To Become An Elite Trader

Can't argue with that.
Only it took me more like 7 years rather than three.
The part about teachers , I would say only study from historical teachers, which history provides evidence of long term profitability . It does not matter how long ago because market patterns have always been the same and always will be.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:49am   #3
Joined May 2012
The author of the article describes a number of things that are important to success. While I don't disagree with them, most of them are generic in nature and are just as applicable to any other profession or business endeavour.

Importantly is trading a business or a profession? If it is a business, then the focus is developing core business practices. If it is a profession, the focus is on developing core competencies.

If it is a profession, can core competencies be self taught? Are there successful self taught doctors, engineers, accountants, et al that you know of out there? I think the biggest problem is the myth that if you treat trading as a business and you have some acquired trading knowledge you will be successful. It is the logic that all dogs are mammals but not all mammals are dogs.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt