Forex Scams - How to Spot them a Mile Away

This is a discussion on Forex Scams - How to Spot them a Mile Away within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Forex Scams - How to Spot them a Mile Away " ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:02pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Forex Scams - How to Spot them a Mile Away

We've just published a new T2W article called "Forex Scams - How to Spot them a Mile Away" by John Bekian.

Quick Summary: Today there are many scams involving forex and a great number of us will have seen emails or websites promising untold riches. So what are the main points to look for in spotting a scam?

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:02pm   #2

5 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
I ranked high because is always useful to write about scammers, in every field
Mirkopor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:15pm   #3

Joined Jan 2004
good general advice.
however, the final couple of paragraphs relating to regulatory bodies is US-specific.

would have been good if an attempt had been made to acknowledge other countries regulatory bodies.
( FSA, etc )
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:34pm   #4

Joined Feb 2005
Agree with Trendie, the NFA & CFTC only regulate US-centric firms and the US is only a part of the trading universe.

FSA are equally if not more demanding than US regulators in the scope of their protection, and then there are all the other regulators in Europe, Aus & Far East etc...

Last edited by Directional; Dec 21, 2006 at 5:40pm.
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:30pm   #5
Joined Nov 2006
Very good advice, people tend to forget that opportunity
goes hand in hand with risk, scam artists usually use
actual statements of profitable trades in their brochures
while hiding losing ones
vergis92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:16am   #6
Joined Sep 2004
newbies you have been warned great article
Sambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:07pm   #7

0 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Since this appears to be a settled case, who is K and who is W?
aquinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:32pm   #8

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Yeh, good article - just wish I'd read it 18 months ago before I gave a wedge to Tamodfx to 'invest' for me. Now there is no trace of said firm and even less of my money.
windsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:51pm   #9

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I agree-there are sharks and piranhas in the FX markets and newbies tread carefully
gana58
gana58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:12pm   #10
Joined Feb 2007
Solid article. After searching through many systems, I found out the hard way about many of them.
pipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 8:57am   #11
Joined Feb 2006
It's a good article,especially for newbie forex traders.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:07pm   #12

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I am new to forex and uk based. Looking to invest $2000 to dip my toes in. Looking for a reputable regulated ecm non dealing desk broker with a website that contains half decent charting and news and calender. Am I asking for too much
martinengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:09pm   #13

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I am new to forex and uk based. Looking to invest $2000 to dip my toes in. Looking for a reputable regulated ecm non dealing desk broker with a website that contains half decent charting and news and calender. Am I asking for too much
martinengland is offline   Reply With Quote