A little help to a confused student!

This is a discussion on A little help to a confused student! within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Hello everyone. I am just to finish my undergraduate studies in mathematics, in Greece and I would like to continue ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:19am   #1

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
A little help to a confused student!

Hello everyone. I am just to finish my undergraduate studies in mathematics, in Greece and I would like to continue my post-graduate studies overseas. However, I decided to follow the economic sector. Another option is to study statistics as main course with a touch in economics. What do you suggest me to do? Will the first be difficult for me due to lack of economic theory background? My main purpose is to find a job in a bank or in a multinational company. Thank you for your time!
Chris.Bou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:47pm   #2
Joined Mar 2017
The degree doesn't matter as much as the university, make sure it's a highly ranked one. Also whilst you're studying, make time to learn how to code in python and start trading your own money (I mean trading it properly based on your fundamental views, not randomly gambling on short-term price moves). The bank will like those types of things just as much as your degree.
edmond360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:09pm   #3
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
if you have maths then continue that and look to get into quant development. Salaries here in the UK range from 700 to 1500 a day
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:10pm   #4
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
another option is data scientist in the financial sector
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote