Ethically okay?

This is a discussion on Ethically okay? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by beany I beg to differ. A bad mentor or a bad course that seems good can be ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:38pm   #33
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany View Post
I beg to differ. A bad mentor or a bad course that seems good can be devastating.

I have a friend who had a year and a half of so called mentoring and most things seemed above board - small losses, medium gains, until the market did something the mentor didnt expect...my friend read it well and suggested closing the trade but the mentor didnt want to 'lose face' and persuaded him to stay in. -10K later it was all just a bad day at the office!

I believe the mentor quit teaching but is currently running a hedge fund with middle eastern money! This is true!

I tried to make the context clear in the thread - the would-be traders who buy poor value training / systems / signals and then can't use them to make a profit to win back what they have paid out would not have made a profit anyway. If they can't work their way through this first obstacle course then I say they're either lazy or stupid - too lazy or stupid to succeed as traders anyway. They're certainly not innocent intelligent hard-working would-be winners whose trading careers have been mercilessly ripped apart by greedy criminals in suits.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:41pm   #34
Joined Apr 2016
One objective fact is you are unwilling to put money on the blackbox signals and make money for yourself. This is the clearest sign of it not working.

It's rather easy to prove if it works. Just call out some signals and I will put some money on it. If I make money on it then it works, otherwise it doesn't. But I have to warn you that anything I put money on, it will immediately go against me. So be sure you only call out the best signals. Otherwise you and I are going get laughed at. I am used to it. But not everyone can handle it.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote