Your Comfort Zone is a Barometer for Trading Growth

This is a discussion on Your Comfort Zone is a Barometer for Trading Growth within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Your Comfort Zone is a Barometer for Trading Growth " by ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:00pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Your Comfort Zone is a Barometer for Trading Growth

We've just published a new T2W article called "Your Comfort Zone is a Barometer for Trading Growth" by Dr. M. Woodruff Johnson.

Quick Summary: Dr Woody Johnson discusses how progressing as a trader often involves moving out of your comfort zone.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:29pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
Comfort zone - what a dreadful American term.

Not a bad article nevertheless.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:33pm   #3

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Comfort zone - what a dreadful American term.

Not a bad article nevertheless.

What good English term would you suggest?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:45pm   #4
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
What good English term would you suggest?

None right at this minute, maybe there isn't a better one. But "comfort zone" smacks of spurious scientific precision, coupled with a hint of condescension from the user.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:08pm   #5

Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
None right at this minute, maybe there isn't a better one. But "comfort zone" smacks of spurious scientific precision, coupled with a hint of condescension from the user.
"Comfort zone" is typically modern Yukspeak which lacks definition but has fluid boundaries & meaning, invaluable to those wishing to communicate successfully with the maximum number of followers; hence beloved by politicians.

A useful expression for those trying to flog something.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:13pm   #6

Joined Mar 2014
I always think of 'Comfort Zone' and 'Being stuck in a Rut' as two sides of the same coin
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:29pm   #7

Joined Oct 2015
I think "comfort zone" pretty much says it.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:41pm   #8
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
I think "comfort zone" pretty much says it.

Its well understood what it means, but it also says additional things about the writer, and how they view their readership: and these are negative.

I can't think why he'd want a negative perception of himself. Perhaps he doesn't care, but that undermines the motivation to write for others' benefit. Perhaps he hasn't realised his words might mean more than he thought.

So my conclusion is he knows his subject but is nevertheless what us Brits would call a prat.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:46pm   #9

Joined Jul 2017
I like to be in a comfort zone :-)

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:59am   #10
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Your Comfort Zone is a Barometer for Trading Growth

I can really related to this because in the past when I would have a loss I'll be looking for the newest set up, or trading plan. Until I realize in order to trade successfully one must deal with being uncomfortable.
min6485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:59am   #11
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Your Comfort Zone is a Barometer for Trading Growth

I can really related to this because in the past when I would have a loss I'll be looking for the newest set up, or trading plan. Until I realize in order to trade successfully one must deal with being uncomfortable.
min6485 is offline   Reply With Quote