It's on the Chart Right in Front of You, Open Your Eyes

This is a discussion on It's on the Chart Right in Front of You, Open Your Eyes within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Its on the Chart Right in Front of You, Open Your ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:00pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
It's on the Chart Right in Front of You, Open Your Eyes

We've just published a new T2W article called "Its on the Chart Right in Front of You, Open Your Eyes" by Sam Seiden.

Quick Summary: Sam Seiden shows how a simple approach to trading can be more effective than those that are often more complex.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:00pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
I like an approach that gives absolute weight to what's important, and ruthlessly ignores everything else.

Sam's article has inspired me to spend a bit of time drawing boxes on my forex charts.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:36am   #3
Joined Feb 2002
Now I've got rectangles all over the ferkin' place. I've got fat ones, thin ones, rectangles in rectangles.....

I haven't yet found a price high or low that can't be a supply zone or a demand zone. Maybe that's the point?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:54am   #4
Joined Apr 2017
Is there any statistical evidence to support this on fx?
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:25pm   #5
Joined Feb 2002
Not that I've seen/heard quoted. Sam Seiden and his OTA colleagues, also other commentators, do a fine good job of rationalising why it works - in any market and all time-frames. As ever, much hindsight charting is in evidence but I may pick up something more applied as I keep searching.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:48pm   #6
Joined Jul 2004
the most important thing is to identify the trend

if its trending upwards you can buy low or you can buy high or you can buy when the sun goes up and sell with profit

if the uptrend is stalling and starting to go sideways, its of course better to buy low and sell high

as long as you dont do it in a downtrend..
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:06pm   #7
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalott View Post
the most important thing is to identify the trend

if its trending upwards you can buy low or you can buy high or you can buy when the sun goes up and sell with profit

if the uptrend is stalling and starting to go sideways, its of course better to buy low and sell high

as long as you dont do it in a downtrend..

At the moment every single trade I take is a trend-follower. But forex pairs etc. only spend a fraction of the time trending strongly. I hope that using supply & demand zones might help for non-trending trades.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:07pm   #8

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
At the moment every single trade I take is a trend-follower. But forex pairs etc. only spend a fraction of the time trending strongly. I hope that using supply & demand zones might help for non-trending trades.
Then stick to your last, don't trade FOREX it's a death trap
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote