Are You a Trend Trader or a Swing Trader?

This is a discussion on Are You a Trend Trader or a Swing Trader? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Are You a Trend Trader or a Swing Trader? " by ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:00pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Are You a Trend Trader or a Swing Trader?

We've just published a new T2W article called "Are You a Trend Trader or a Swing Trader?" by Alan Farley.

Quick Summary: Alan Farley explains the difference between two of the most popular trading strategies and what differentiates one from the other.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:29pm   #2

Joined Oct 2015
I bought his book a few yrs back, it's a good book even today. Actually, every once in a while I break it out & dust it off. Good reading. No holy grail (nothing is)but this book is good honest intro of various methods & principles. It even suggest a few that I wouldn't do without due diligence but it gets the juices and ideas flowing. Helped more that a little when i was trying to put it all together.

Last edited by piphoe; Apr 14, 2017 at 8:36pm.
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:28am   #3
Joined Feb 2002
As ever, really clear thinking from Alan Farley. We can't know what the market will do tomorrow, but we have to know today what we will do about it.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Jason101
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:09am   #4
Joined Apr 2017
Which is more profitable ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dennis

THE ORIGNAL TREND TRADER

Dennis managed pools of capital for others in the markets for a while, but withdrew from such management in the spring of 1988 after his clients suffered heavy losses. In the Black Monday stock market crash of 1987, he reportedly lost $10 million,[8] with a total of $50 million reportedly lost in 1987–1988.[2] In 1990 his firm settled investor complaints of his failure to follow his own rules, for over $2.5 million, without admitting or denying any wrongdoing.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:50am   #5
Joined Apr 2017
Re: Are You a Trend Trader or a Swing Trader?

no I trade opposite to the crowd.
I trade supports on indices .
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote