Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts

This is a discussion on Richard Joyson aka Mr Charts within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by petetrades The accusations by respected and veteran members of other trading forums and the action taken by ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:11pm   #91
 
barjon's Avatar
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetrades View Post
The accusations by respected and veteran members of other trading forums and the action taken by site owner Baron on Elitetrader speaks for itself as a strong argument against dbphoenix, as does the Futures.io banishment. Timsk's ad hominem suggestion that me mentioning this shows my poor character and that the cloud of suspicion over dbphoenix is wishy-washy clearly suggests favortism more than weak argumentation on my part.
Pete

So far as I see it all Timsk has done is point up that dip has done nothing untoward here on T2W. You may, or may not, agree with his (dbp's, that is) approach to price action analysis and associated trading. And you may, or may not think he is a successful trader himself (he has never made much comment about his own trading).

He sells an e-book (pretty cheap it is too) which is freely admitted, but he doesn't use the boards to constantly advertise and push it.

So what's the beef about what he's done on T2W? You seem to be condemning him by what you may have heard he may have done elsewhere when the evidence that matters is what he has done here.

Cheers

Jon
barjon is offline  
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:19pm   #92
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post

He sells an e-book (pretty cheap it is too) which is freely admitted, but he doesn't use the boards to constantly advertise and push it.


Jon
I disagree , i think he is actively advertising his book here ...
tar is offline  
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:22pm   #93
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Bans elsewhere mean nothing to me, I deal with people as I find them. timsk is right to be sceptical of hearsay evidence when we cannot have access to the full facts of each case. So am I. In any event, we're concerned with what's happening here and now, not some other place in some other circumstances.
Thats fine , but please dont ask others to hide the fact that he was banned in other forums , whether this is relevant or not thats another issue .
tar is offline  
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:18pm   #94
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Thats fine , but please dont ask others to hide the fact that he was banned in other forums , whether this is relevant or not thats another issue .

I haven't - and won't ask for such bans not to be mentioned here: I think people can say what they wish to say as long as they take responsibility for it.

But second-hand reports of bans elsewhere are irrelevant to how a member is dealt with here. If I came into some dispute with T2W, I would expect them to be scrupulous in having regard only to what I may or may not have done - here.
tomorton is offline  
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:54pm   #95
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I haven't - and won't ask for such bans not to be mentioned here: I think people can say what they wish to say as long as they take responsibility for it.

But second-hand reports of bans elsewhere are irrelevant to how a member is dealt with here. If I came into some dispute with T2W, I would expect them to be scrupulous in having regard only to what I may or may not have done - here.
For a commercial member it may be relevant , i am sure potential clients would appreciate any piece of info/review before paying money .
tar is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: petetrades
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:13pm   #96
Joined Jul 2014
I'm not asking for dbphoenix to be banned or suggesting that he violated the terms of service of this site. IMHO timsk is out of line and assuming a lot to suggest that the evidence linked to is wishy-washy and says more about me than it does about dbphoenix. If I had blabbed on about him being banned without providing evidence, or if dbphoenix was not flagrantly arrogant and condescending in his interaction in the "This is what happens when you time the market thread" then maybe timsk's defense of dbphoenix and attack against me would be valid.

By the way, the linked to thread re: dbphoenix's banishment is not just hearsay evidence, because we can read the actual posts on other forums, not just hear reports from third parties of such events)
petetrades is offline  
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:36pm   #97
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetrades View Post
I'm not asking for dbphoenix to be banned or suggesting that he violated the terms of service of this site. IMHO timsk is out of line and assuming a lot to suggest that the evidence linked to is wishy-washy and says more about me than it does about dbphoenix. If I had blabbed on about him being banned without providing evidence, or if dbphoenix was not flagrantly arrogant and condescending in his interaction in the "This is what happens when you time the market thread" then maybe timsk's defense of dbphoenix and attack against me would be valid.

By the way, the linked to thread re: dbphoenix's banishment is not just hearsay evidence, because we can read the actual posts on other forums, not just hear reports from third parties of such events)

I totally see your "evidence" as wishy-washy.

We can't know all the information the mods on other sites may have had in their possession nor gauge how much weight they put to it when they made their decisions. We can't even agree therefore that they were right and that their analysis was balanced and their decision appropriate. Nevertheless, even if privy to what they knew and did, we are dealing with what happens here and now. As I said, I deal with people as I find them - here and now.

I don't say you are a stupid person but this argument is stupidly motivated and poorly executed on your behalf.
tomorton is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:51am   #98
 
2 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
My post is for new traders who are considering spending £1000 for learning with the person mentioned here.

Back in 2012 I contacted him and asked about his teaching, he replied with what the course is about and how it will works. He wanted me to hire space in London for the meeting as it's better for me compared paying travel costs for him travelling to me. Really?

I told him I'll think about it and contacted him if I agree. So far was normal apart from hiring the space.

The problem happened after when he kept sending me emails asking when I'll proceed as he is busy trading and don't have time for emails etc etc.

Despite I told him I'll contact you if I want to proceed.


My advice? Stay away from him and his course simply based on my experience. A successful trader does not need to teach nor spam people and pushing his sells.

As for dp, it's the same don't get fooled with historical chart analysis. There's a reason why analysts are not hired as traders. There is big differences between the two.

Finally I'm not against the teaching in general there are many people who teach you how to trade. The difference? They provide proof of successful trading and even with this it doesn't make you trader.
Mike.J is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: nero1 , sigmund1
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:44am   #99
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Alot of misunderstanding here . Even if a member did abide by the t2w constitution that doesn't mean he/she cant be criticized . The posts here arent asking for a certain member to be banned , there's a big difference .
A lot of misunderstanding indeed.
No one - least of all me, is suggesting that a member can't be criticized, so long as they do so politely, support their comments with real evidence (not hearsay) and remain within T2W's Community Constitution (CC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetrades View Post
But you are 100% wrong to not process and digest how timsk showed bias in favor of dbphoenix against me in this thread, which suggests 99% that this is a pattern repeating itself rather than an isolated incident of bias in favor of dbphoenix at the expense of other community members.
I've not shown any bias or favour towards anyone. I've explained fairly and comprehensively T2W's official position regarding vendors and the relationship between staff and Moderators. If you have evidence to the contrary, kindly provide a link or withdraw your insulting accusation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetrades View Post
The accusations by respected and veteran members of other trading forums and the action taken by site owner Baron on Elitetrader speaks for itself as a strong argument against dbphoenix, as does the Futures.io banishment. Timsk's ad hominem suggestion that me mentioning this shows my poor character and that the cloud of suspicion over dbphoenix is wishy-washy clearly suggests favortism more than weak argumentation on my part.
I've addressed this in detail in previous posts. Merely repeating yourself doesn't get us any further forward. Therefore, please respond to specific points that I've made and, if I've not explained myself clearly enough and / or you require further explanation about anything I've written - I'll do my best to oblige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
I disagree , i think he is actively advertising his book here ...
Well tar, as a former Mod, you ought to know better than anyone what to do about it, i.e. report any posts where dbp has done this using the red flag 'Report Post' facility so the Mods can take appropriate action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Thats fine , but please dont ask others to hide the fact that he was banned in other forums , whether this is relevant or not thats another issue .
No one has asked anyone to hide anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetrades View Post
I'm not asking for dbphoenix to be banned or suggesting that he violated the terms of service of this site. IMHO timsk is out of line and assuming a lot to suggest that the evidence linked to is wishy-washy and says more about me than it does about dbphoenix. If I had blabbed on about him being banned without providing evidence, or if dbphoenix was not flagrantly arrogant and condescending in his interaction in the "This is what happens when you time the market thread" then maybe timsk's defense of dbphoenix and attack against me would be valid.

By the way, the linked to thread re: dbphoenix's banishment is not just hearsay evidence, because we can read the actual posts on other forums, not just hear reports from third parties of such events)
Again, I'm not attacking you at all. What I am doing is making very clear what T2W's official policy is on vendors - which may be very different to that of other forums. It is completely unacceptable for any member to suggest or imply that another member is in some way dishonourable without providing a shred of evidence to support such an accusation.. That in itself is a breach of our CC.

As a general note, all members need to be extremely careful about using words like 'scammer' 'charlatan' and 'deception' etc. These are very serious accusations and it is totally unacceptable to say such things just because you don't much care for someone, felt that they treated you harshly in some way and /or because you don't like vendors. T2W's official position is that there are 'good guy' vendors who we welcome and, unless and until someone posts solid evidence to suggest the contrary, then both Mr. Charts and dbphoenix fall into this category.
Tim.
__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING – Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla , tomorton
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:03am   #100
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
T2W's official position is that there are 'good guy' vendors who we welcome and, unless and until someone posts solid evidence to suggest the contrary, then both Mr. Charts and dbphoenix fall into this category.
Tim.
You forgot to add "IMHO" . Thats your own opinion which many others may disagree with . That being said you keep coming back to this topic : "are they good/bad vendors" which has no correlation with criticizing them , so even if some vendors are good and decent that doesn't mean they cant be criticized , for example interactive brokers they are good and decent brokers but surely they can be criticized , its called a "review" , no one has the right to ask others to shut up in this .

Also i want to add whether T2W welcomes a commercial member or not it doesn't mean that other members have to welcome them as well , i am speaking in general .
tar is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: petetrades
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:07am   #101
Joined Aug 2016
Message for Mr Charts

sigmund1 started this thread Message for Mr Charts...Message for Mr Charts.

Please can you come to the front desk, there are a couple of uniformed officers wishing to ask you some questions.

Questions...

For the sake of transparency and openness.

Do you trade a real account, or a demo account?
The name of the companies you hold trading accounts with?
What is your average profit to average loss ratio?
What is your largest peak to trough drawdown?
What is the number of maximum consecutive losers you have ever had?
What is your average profit per month in £'s since you started trading?
How many margin calls have you had?
Number of closed positions have you had since you started trading?
Have you outperformed the SP500 INDEX and if so by how much?

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

We will be touch again.
sigmund1 is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: petetrades
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:24am   #102
 
cbrads's Avatar
Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmund1 View Post
Message for Mr Charts...Message for Mr Charts.

Please can you come to the front desk, there are a couple of uniformed officers wishing to ask you some questions.

Questions...

For the sake of transparency and openness.

Do you trade a real account, or a demo account?
The name of the companies you hold trading accounts with?
What is your average profit to average loss ratio?
What is your largest peak to trough drawdown?
What is the number of maximum consecutive losers you have ever had?
What is your average profit per month in £'s since you started trading?
How many margin calls have you had?
Number of closed positions have you had since you started trading?
Have you outperformed the SP500 INDEX and if so by how much?

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

We will be touch again.
Why don't you start the ball rolling Sigmund and answer some of the above questions with reference to your own trading - then we can get to know a bit more about you and your motivations.
cbrads is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:24am   #103
 
neil's Avatar
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmund1 View Post
Message for Mr Charts...Message for Mr Charts.

Please can you come to the front desk, there are a couple of uniformed officers wishing to ask you some questions.

Questions...

For the sake of transparency and openness.

Do you trade a real account, or a demo account?
The name of the companies you hold trading accounts with?
What is your average profit to average loss ratio?
What is your largest peak to trough drawdown?
What is the number of maximum consecutive losers you have ever had?
What is your average profit per month in £'s since you started trading?
How many margin calls have you had?
Number of closed positions have you had since you started trading?
Have you outperformed the SP500 INDEX and if so by how much?

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

We will be touch again.

__________________
neil
....Indicators show the past. Price Action "Indicates" the future.
neil is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:34am   #104
 
Oscar Reed's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmund1 View Post
Message for Mr Charts...Message for Mr Charts.

Please can you come to the front desk, there are a couple of uniformed officers wishing to ask you some questions.

Questions...

For the sake of transparency and openness.

Do you trade a real account, or a demo account?
The name of the companies you hold trading accounts with?
What is your average profit to average loss ratio?
What is your largest peak to trough drawdown?
What is the number of maximum consecutive losers you have ever had?
What is your average profit per month in £'s since you started trading?
How many margin calls have you had?
Number of closed positions have you had since you started trading?
Have you outperformed the SP500 INDEX and if so by how much?

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

We will be touch again.
I rather know which football team he supports,
Oscar Reed is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:07pm   #105
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
You forgot to add "IMHO" . Thats your own opinion which many others may disagree with . That being said you keep coming back to this topic : "are they good/bad vendors" which has no correlation with criticizing them , so even if some vendors are good and decent that doesn't mean they cant be criticized , for example interactive brokers they are good and decent brokers but surely they can be criticized , its called a "review" , no one has the right to ask others to shut up in this .

Also i want to add whether T2W welcomes a commercial member or not it doesn't mean that other members have to welcome them as well , i am speaking in general .
Tar

when are you going to show us one of your chart?

You are constantly bitchring instead..
Fugazsy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Training with Mr Charts (R Joyson) and Naz (A Rich): Views from ex-students sought Obi-Wan Educational Resources 1 Oct 1, 2015 10:36am
Anyone use/d newsware aka newswatch? spearchew Data Feeds 1 Nov 28, 2012 10:41pm
Naz vs Mr Charts (Alan Rich/Richard Joyson) AFX-UK Stocks 6 Oct 24, 2011 5:58pm
Article: Interview with Stock Trader Richard Joyson (Mr Charts) T2W Bot Educational Resources 6 Nov 14, 2010 5:22pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)