Liquid Millionaire, drying up?

This is a discussion on Liquid Millionaire, drying up? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Quotes from Warren Buffett. 1. Trying to time the market. “People that think they can predict the short-term movement of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:34am   #17
Joined Aug 2016
Soft in the Head

sigmund1 started this thread Quotes from Warren Buffett.

1. Trying to time the market. “People that think they can predict the short-term movement of the stock market — or listen to other people who talk about (timing the market) — they are making a big mistake,” says Buffett.

2. Trying to mimic high-frequency traders. Buying stock in a good business and hanging on for the long term, he says, is a better strategy than flipping stocks like a short-order cook flips pancakes.

3. Paying too much in fees and expenses. There’s no reason to pay an expensive management fee to invest in a mutual fund when super-low-cost index funds that mimic large indexes like the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index are available, he says.

“If they’re trading actively they’re making a big mistake”...Adam Shell, USA TODAY 6:06 a.m. EDT October 26, 2013.

Quotes from the Sutherlands...Liquid Millionaire. Page 1.

"Switch out of the market when the trend is down".

"You do not buy index tracker funds because it is possible to beat the index’s if you know what you are doing".

Well, you got to hand it to the Sutherland Brothers they think they know better than the greatest investor of all time.

Not only better but recommend doing exactly the opposite!

AND DON’T FORGET, THEY EXPECT YOU TO HAND THEM £3000 A YEAR FOR FLAWED INFORMATION.

Our Nan say’s, they're soft in the head.
sigmund1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:03am   #18
Joined Aug 2016
sigmund1 started this thread Below a message from Steven Sutherland going back 3 years. You can find it...post 59...July 2013.

The Sutherlands have had 3 years to make this promise good and as much as I look I just can't find any audited account of their performance.

Brother Paul and Brother Stephen must be very busy people with their charity work!

"After consulting with our finance director, and in the interest of our clients, prospects and future clients we feel it would be best that if we were to officially audit Stephen’s ISA Stocks and Shares ISA account, it would be best conducted by one of the four largest accountancy companies in the UK. The result of this would be a completely unbiased and transparent audit. I will be signing off now as I feel we have covered all the points brought up.

Please post future comments and questions to my personal email account paul (at) ISACO.co.uk

Also as I’ve mentioned on quite a few occasions now, if you prefer please feel free to call me on 0870 757 8554.
ISAs is offline Other (Please email T2W with details) Report Post Like ISAs's Post Reply With Quote"

Last edited by sigmund1; Sep 27, 2016 at 11:12am.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:50am   #19
Joined Aug 2016
Psst, want know a secret

sigmund1 started this thread Want to know how the Sutherlands pick their funds?

Brother Paul and Brother Stephen call it a "secret formula"....page 98 LM.

Our Nan calls it something else!

1. The fund must have outperformed the Nasdaq over the last 1 and 3 years.
2. Must be a big market cap.
3. Must have long term management.
4. Style 95% long.
5. Not all in one sector.

Our Nan just said... "to remind you about the AUDIT"
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:51am   #20
Joined Aug 2016
how can that be?

sigmund1 started this thread Page 146 Liquid Millionaire...

“On Feb 28, 2007 my clients and I exited the market”...."the trend had changed from an up trend to a down trend”.

BUT WAIT...on page 14 in their 2nd book How to Make Money In...

“My worst year was in 2008 when I made a loss of -42.3%”.

HOW CAN THAT BE?

If you were out the market in 2007 how could you make such a large loss in 2008?

Our Nan said...like a silly boy on a Sunday he must have got back into the market just as it tanked....( rye smile, tut, and roll the eyes)

There’s no flies on our Nan!

Oh, our Nan just said...DON’T FORGET THE AUDIT.

Last edited by sigmund1; Sep 29, 2016 at 5:42pm.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:55pm   #21
Joined Aug 2016
never count your chickens

sigmund1 started this thread Glen, an ISACO client back in 2008 had some good luck and wanted to share it.

“WOW...Just letting you know ISA and SIPP at new highs...so far your healthy call has been spot on!...one of the funds I chose is up 8.5% Jupiter Managers European Opportunities”.

Cue the cheerleaders...Go Glen, Go Glen!

Unfortunately for Glen his euphoria was a tad premature and just a few short weeks later the markets started to really tank south in a big big way....wiping some 50% off of the price.

Is this what’s called irrational exuberance, first the pleasure then the pain.

We know that the markets recovered as they always do, but what about Glen did he recover!

Glens healthy call was 25 APRIL 2008...page 187 LM.

That’s a bit like going to the beach just before the Tsunami hits or being told, it’s safe to go back in (twin towers)

So, Brother Stephen got his clients out the market 8 months to soon and got them back in right in the middle of credit crunch...ouch, that's gotta hurt!

But what about the Jupiter Fund...since the 2009 bottom it has been well and truly done over by the SP Index.

Our Nan say’s they all sound like a bunch of Wally’s.

Paul, our Nan also say’s...WHERE’S THE AUDIT?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:13am   #22
Joined Aug 2016
cowboys

sigmund1 started this thread Our Nan was on her lap top, she took a mooch at ISACO's web site.

She noticed that when Brother Stephen compares ISACO'S performance to the FTSE100 he's left out the FTSE Dividends.

Our Nan says, if you don't include the Dividends it makes you like a bunch of Cowboys!

I showed our Nan page 3, LM book, Quote..."In Maths I remember getting an F"

Our Nan wonders what he got in Common Sense!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:44am   #23
Joined Aug 2016
Buffett's Million Dollar Challenge

sigmund1 started this thread Guru Stephen say's..."you do not need to buy index tracker funds because it is possible to beat the index's if you know what your doing". (page 1. LM)

Warren Buffett say's... "my advice is simple, just buy a low cost SP500 Index Tracker"

My question is, why didn't the Guru Brothers take Buffetts Challenge?

Our Nan say's, "that's obvious"

Our Nan also says to remind you, WHERE'S THE AUDIT?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:12am   #24
Joined Aug 2016
know all, know nothing.

sigmund1 started this thread "There's nothing wrong with a Know Nothing Investor who realizes it.
The problem is when you are a Know Nothing Investor but think you know something"...Warren Buffett.

"Because of my absolute certainty and belief in my abilities, I decided to bet the ranch"...Brother Stephen...page 10, LM.

"I blame the parents"...our Nan.

Brother Paul...where's the AUDIT?...Our Nan.