Liquid Millionaire, drying up?

This is a discussion on Liquid Millionaire, drying up? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; DOESN’T MAKE SENSE. Liquid Millionaire book page xxxvii there’s a paragraph written by Paul Sutherland. “ As well as correctly ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:57am   #9
Joined Aug 2016
Doesn't make sense

sigmund1 started this thread DOESN’T MAKE SENSE.

Liquid Millionaire book page xxxvii there’s a paragraph written by Paul Sutherland.

“ As well as correctly predicting the start of the powerful five year bull market that begun in March 2003, he (Stephen) also correctly called the bear market, quickly moving into cash based fund many months before the 24.7% market falls from Oct 07 to March 2008. That skilful decision helped his clients to preserve and protect their capitol in a very challenging period”

HANG ON A MINUTE, HOW CAN THAT BE!

Paul, you need to talk to your brov, or maybe you should have gone to Spec Savers.

FYI...Steven has already stated on page 14 in your second book... quote... “my worst year was 2008 where I made a loss of 42.3%”

You can’t have it both way’s.

So which is it?
sigmund1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:59am   #10
Joined Aug 2016
Only fools and morons

sigmund1 started this thread ISACO’s WEB SITE YOU WILL FIND THE STATEMENT, ”8-10% ANNUAL AIMS”.

IS THAT INFORMATION WORTH £3000 PER YEAR?

ONLY A MORON WOULD THINK SO!

THE LONG TERM RETURN FOR THE SP 500 IS A BIT OVER 9%.

HAVE I GOT THIS WRONG OR WHAT.

THE SUTHERLAND’S ASK £3000 PER YEAR SO THEIR CLIENTS CAN GET THE SP500 TRACKER RETURN.

THAT’S JUST PLAIN RUBBISH!

I WONDER HOW MANY IDIOT’S HAVE FALLEN FOR THIS OVER THE YEARS.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:16pm   #11
Joined Aug 2016
Day dream believer

sigmund1 started this thread Liquid Millionaire book.

Page 63, “I have used a 30 year long growth target of 17.5% which is my best estimation of what is achievable over that length of time span”...failed!

Page 51. “I reckon with some fancy fund picking and a touch of good luck you could make close to 30% annualised returns”...mega day dreamer!

Page 10, “I decided to bet the ranch”...sounds like a gambler!

Page xlix, you want to be teamed up with a person who can deliver the goods year in year out”...do you know any?

Page 92, “It puts them at ease when they find out my track record”...what you been smoking?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:56am   #12
Joined Aug 2016
It's Not the FTSE.

sigmund1 started this thread Recently the Sutherland’s use the FTSE as their benchmark.

This is WRONG!

If you are investing in Japan...it’s NOT the FTSE.

If you are investing in China... it’s NOT the FTSE.

If your investing in North America... it’s NOT the FTSE.

Stop being a pair of doughnut’s and use the correct associated benchmarks.

In their 2007 book Liquid Millionaire, there is no mention of the FTSE, but there is a lot of talk about the Nasdaq.

Psst...Want to know a secret...they failed to beat the Nasdaq.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:00am   #13
Joined Aug 2016
it's 10%

sigmund1 started this thread According to Hargreaves Lansdown the multi decade long term average return of the FTSE 100, FTSE 250, DJIA and the SP500 when combined is 10%.

FTSE 100 around 9% with Divs.

FTSE 250 around 10.5%. with Divs.

DJIA around 11.5% with Divs.

SP500 around 11%.with Divs.

Average = 10% with Divs.

Talking of Divs that reminds me.

Seeing that the Sutherland’s long term performance over 18 years actually underperforms all these Index’s, then what are the Sutherland’s doing for their clients that’s worth £3000 per year?.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:00pm   #14
Joined Aug 2016
sigmund1 started this thread ISACOS long term performance found on their web site 121%.

OK, then how is it that the SP500 OUTPERFORMED you by 73% over the same period of time?

And the Nasdaq OUTPERFORMED you by 124% same time period?

Found in the Introduction Liquid Millionaire.

"Because of my absolute certainty and belief in my abilities"

I showed this to our Nan and she said you sound like a Ruddy Big Head.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:26pm   #15
Joined Aug 2016
nice little earner

sigmund1 started this thread ISACO look for people with a min of £250,000 to invest.

ISACO charge £3000 per year for investment advice.

£250,000 in a simple SP500 tracker fund would have returned around £704,000. over the 18 years.

But Wait, every client would have to fork out £3000.

That's £3000 per year LESS to INVEST.

That knocks around £100,000 off of what they would have got over those 18 years.

But Wait Again, ISACO don't keep up with the SP500, that's even less money...good grief.

But Wait Again...it gets even worse for their clients.

That £3000 their dopey clients shell out, means the Sutherlands can invest that in their personal account.

That means they made over that 18 years an extra £230,000 over what the client gets.

Our Nan said, "are people really that silly".
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:31am   #16
Joined Aug 2016
read em and weep

sigmund1 started this thread The Sutherland’s seem to have an almost evangelical fervour towards Bill O’Neil found in both their books.

Stephen and Paul are really impressed with the founder of the CANSLIM method of trading, that’s because rumour has it that you can get very, very rich using it.

Supposedly O’Neil made a ton of money in the bull market of the early 1960’s following a system previously used by Nick Darvas in the bull market of the late 1950’s.

I mean, lets face it, making money in a bull market. If you can’t do that it’s time to buy a cash ISA!

So, this CANSLIM method is the dogs nuts.

Would'nt it be great if there was a CANSLIM FUND, we could just buy it, sit back and make a Zillion quid.

Well Brother, it’s good news time, there is a CANSLIM FUND, Hallelujah.

It’s called CANGX.

Morningstar tell us it’s a mid cap growth fund...(message for Steven Sutherland...IT’S NOT THE FTSE)

But Wait, lets look at the returns of Vanguard’s Mid Cap Growth Fund

No, no, no that can’t be!

Vanguard outperforms the CANSLIM Fund around 3% Per year.

Oh Pooh Sticks...the Passives win again.