Member Profile: options-george

This is a discussion on Member Profile: options-george within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Member Profile: options-george " by options-george . Quick Summary : T2W ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:24am   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Member Profile: options-george

We've just published a new T2W article called "Member Profile: options-george" by options-george.

Quick Summary: T2W member options-george gives his trading story and rounds off our 2015 series of member profiles.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Eliott Gray
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:56am   #2
Joined Nov 2014
Good read, thank you.
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Forexmospherian , options-george
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:48pm   #3

Joined May 2011
A very good read. Quite a journey !!
tokyojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Forexmospherian , options-george
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:55pm   #4

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Re: Member Profile: options-george

Good article. It's not easy making a living out of trading until the light bulb well and truely goes on. The professional commnunity get salaries. That's why all money mangers charge a fee or invest your money for better return than what they give you. Hedgies charge their 2 and 20, mutuals 2%ish. When you have $10Bn of assets under management say like a hedgie, that's $200m a year in minimum fees to run the enterprise and pay your salaries. Nice. Ideally, to take the stress away from trading, you need an income come what may. That's how a lot of pensioners get into it. Getting yourself to a positon where you have an income, passive or otherwise to pay the cost of living is essential. I've been at it a few years now. Still learning everyday. Prefer trading US stocks... volatile ones flagged up by free screeners helps. Sometimes stocks in the news can do well too. Successful traders that I see making money take big bites out of small moves otherwise you can be at the mercy of gaps against you and analyst down/up grades. I trade US stocks on Schwab platform. Commissions not too bad. Spreads are market, usually at 1c. Spreads for US stocks on IG outrageous so I don't bother. Schwab platform is OK but charting is lacking compared to ProRealTime. If only Schwab would provide an interface for ProRealTime...... Chuck, how about it? Anyway, enough of my wittering. Thanks for the history of your journey. You are not alone.
Hallgent99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options-george
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:57pm   #5
Joined Jul 2010

very relatable.
aag100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:52pm   #6

Joined May 2014

Good to see some up-front honesty on t2w!
Nicely written, and best of luck.
f2calv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:42am   #7
Joined Jan 2006
I also was able to relate to it quite well, and also thought it was well written!

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Fugazsy
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:16pm   #8

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
It is true

<span>Nice explanation how trade works... Usually we focus on the luxury imagine of trading without realizing the hard work it is behind ...hard work, study, time and concentration...Reading the article i feeling myself in same situations and it help me to think to rewrite my strategies, learning from the mistakes .. Thank you for sharing your experience
Tony </span><span></span>
Bludiver is offline   Reply With Quote