Demons on our Shoulders

This is a discussion on Demons on our Shoulders within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Demons on our Shoulders " by Jerry Olson . Quick Summary ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:59am   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Demons on our Shoulders

We've just published a new T2W article called "Demons on our Shoulders" by Jerry Olson.

Quick Summary: Thinking about becoming a day trader - read this article first!

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:59am   #2

Joined Oct 2001
Best article here, bar none.

This article is THE reality check.
TraderPattern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:55am   #3

Joined Feb 2005
light hearted style, serious message. Great article!
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:25pm   #4

Joined Jun 2003
Excellent read and tells it how it is
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:33pm   #5

Joined Jul 2004
Ha ha, very entertaining read. I'm not trading yet so I don't speak from experience, but it has a ring of truth to it. Surely no-one or hardly anyone can start trading fulltime without those 10 things - computer/comms backup, predetermined rules, everything that makes up a system/methodology/etc. Maybe people do!
blackcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:56pm   #6

Joined Apr 2004
Marvellous.
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:11am   #7

Joined Mar 2003
A hugely refreshing relief from the usual jargon and dry rehashed wisdom that one often finds in trading articles. The truth hits home most effectively with the soft gloves of humour that are imho essential to longevity in a lonely, often frustrating business. Great debut, thank you. When's the next one out Jerry? PS Go easy on the woodpecker, he only wants to nest. In your loft.
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:41am   #8
Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderPattern
Best article here, bar none.

This article is THE reality check.

thanks so much. TraderPattern what a great apropo name<G>

that's exactly how i teach it...Repetative Redundant Patterns.............

jerry

Forget The Noise
Jerry Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:42am   #9
Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCRATES
Marvellous.
Socrates

truly appreciate that...this is real and form the heart

jerry

Forget The Noise
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:44am   #10
Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC2
jerry, you really should forget this trading BS and make money some other way

Hello Jason

sorry you didn;t like the article

i can say it 100% true

good luck to you and yours...

jerry

Forget The Noise
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:47am   #11
Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugi
A hugely refreshing relief from the usual jargon and dry rehashed wisdom that one often finds in trading articles. The truth hits home most effectively with the soft gloves of humour that are imho essential to longevity in a lonely, often frustrating business. Great debut, thank you. When's the next one out Jerry? PS Go easy on the woodpecker, he only wants to nest. In your loft.
Frugi''this article is 100% true and from the heart

i am trying to stop would be wannabies from taking the plunge till they GET IT!

until then they should not give up their day jobs......................

thanks a bunch appreciate it a lot

jerry

Forget The Noise
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:19pm   #12

Joined Sep 2004
Hey Jerry I love your style. To coin a British expression, "You've got more front than Southend." I do hope you'll be around here next week when they'll hopefully be a bit more action and volume. All the best to you. Rols
rols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:42pm   #13
Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rols
Hey Jerry I love your style. To coin a British expression, "You've got more front than Southend." I do hope you'll be around here next week when they'll hopefully be a bit more action and volume. All the best to you. Rols
HI Rols

I intend to be here for a long long time. I have met some very nice people here in the UK face to face..

so you can count on me giving my opinions on everything tradable even if i'm not asked.........

LTCX and SNDk along woth RMBS(DA BU$$) will be in play today

let's make some money since we are off tomorrow

have a great trading day all

ps: fwiw---i am 65 years old this month i have a thick skin so say waht you will i came to play and brought along the A team..............

jerry

Forget The Noise
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:01pm   #14

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Olson
HI Rols

I intend to be here for a long long time. I have met some very nice people here in the UK face to face..

so you can count on me giving my opinions on everything tradable even if i'm not asked.........

LTCX and SNDk along woth RMBS(DA BU$$) will be in play today

let's make some money since we are off tomorrow

have a great trading day all

ps: fwiw---i am 65 years old this month i have a thick skin so say waht you will i came to play and brought along the A team..............
Jerry

I found your article amusing and, hopefully, it will make some people stop and think before they rush in where angels fear to tread.

In a way it's irrelevant whether someone likes the article or not. What is important is that it prompts discussiion or prompts thought. People can agree or disagree as long as it is done constructively and without the abuse that is sometimes seen on this site.

The same applies with trading in general. Some people like more risk, some like less risk. Some like forex, others like equities. That's just personal style and preference linked to whatever aims you have created for yourself. Neither side is right or wrong.

You listed a number of questions potential traders should consider. If these questions or anything in the article struck a chord with anyone I would recommend them to stop and fill in the trading plan template

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...an-template/?r

and to do a thread search on Trading Journals.

Happy 65th whenever the date is

Charlton
Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:14pm   #15
Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton
Jerry

I found your article amusing and, hopefully, it will make some people stop and think before they rush in where angels fear to tread.

In a way it's irrelevant whether someone likes the article or not. What is important is that it prompts discussiion or prompts thought. People can agree or disagree as long as it is done constructively and without the abuse that is sometimes seen on this site.

The same applies with trading in general. Some people like more risk, some like less risk. Some like forex, others like equities. That's just personal style and preference linked to whatever aims you have created for yourself. Neither side is right or wrong.

You listed a number of questions potential traders should consider. If these questions or anything in the article struck a chord with anyone I would recommend them to stop and fill in the trading plan template

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...an-template/?r

and to do a thread search on Trading Journals.

Happy 65th whenever the date is

Charlton
Hi Charlton

thanks for the nice words, and my B-Day is the 23rd...

as to what you have said here...let everyone take notice about those words...

we are not here to brag, use ego's try to be better than anyone else, what i am doing here is what i have been doing for 10 years on the internet

sticking my face out there trying to help everyone and myself...make a buck

it's not about subscribers monthly fees of $50.00 bucks...not for the 80 hours i work each week..it's about trading with 150 other traders from around the Globe each day as cyber friends. that help each other make a days pay.....PERIOD ENDED!!!

people can think what the wish, they always have over the years...but i am here to stay and work hard for everyone...

thanks again

jerry

Forget The Noise