Simple Swing Trading

This is a discussion on Simple Swing Trading within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Simple Swing Trading " by Barjon . Quick Summary : A ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:13am   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Simple Swing Trading

We've just published a new T2W article called "Simple Swing Trading" by Barjon.

Quick Summary: A straightforward discussion of swing trading by a practitioner.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:13am   #2
Joined Dec 2004
Long time member Barjon provides a straightforward discussion of swing trading by a practitioner.
Rhody Trader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 8:49am   #3
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Jon,
"I hope, at least, that I have given you food for thought". You have indeed - in a very clear and well written article, thank you.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:57pm   #4
Joined Feb 2002
Well done Barjon - clearly and concisely explained. I would only add that if I followed this simple method more carefully I would do better: as it is, using (abusing?) this method gives me a 60-65% success rate on the FTSE100 index but the real plus point is the very limited drawdown before your stop is hit.

Have to recommend everyone at least tries this approach.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:13pm   #5

Joined Oct 2003
A great simple approach Barjon, good effort in posting the article!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:27pm   #6
Joined Dec 2003
barjon (alias The Trading Silhouette)

A straight forward and easily understood article which provides a good basis for the technique and whets the appetite for further knowledge.

Just one carp - You knew there would be one didn't you! The inclusion of volume on the charts might have been of interest.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Regards

bracke
bracke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 5:30pm   #7
Joined Jun 2005
fundamental information and general market conditions could (should?) also be used to determine if a long term trend following method such as this is to be used. (i hope lion will be pleased to hear me say that )

market condition is the start of all trading decisions.

nice job.
charliechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:08pm   #8
Joined Dec 2003
Come on barjon, as a TA exponent you're not going to let charliechan get away with that are you?

Regards

bracke
bracke is offline   Reply With Quote