Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

This is a discussion on Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Everyone, I've been trading for the last few years and invested a lot of time in reading books and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:57pm   #1
Joined Jan 2012
Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Hi Everyone,

I've been trading for the last few years and invested a lot of time in reading books and trying out various methods. Overall, I'm still pretty flat, which is not too bad, but neither is it great! I've decided to bite the bullet and take a course. I know that you guys are rather vitriolic about most trainers, but trawling through all the online offerings, I'm more confused than ever. I discounted a load of people but did attend a workshop with Mike Baghdady at Training Traders. What a bizarre set up! His office is a shabby unkempt flea-pit down a side alley. The office was a shambles inside - very dirty, very soul-less and definitely not somewhere I felt comfortable spending my money. My student flat was nicer than Mike Baghdady's office so the prospect of paying him £5,000 is a joke! So, after all the time procrastinating about spending the money to do a course, I was wondering if anyone can help me out with recommendations and save me wasting my time with people like Mike Baghdady. I tried to do a search for him on this website but I found lots of references to the fact that he likes litigation. Also, on the New Turtle Traders Facebook page, someone requested an update at the beginning of the year but the silence from Training Traders was rather telling. Does this mean that his system doesn't work and Mr Baghdady is running scared of telling people? I'm sure we would be bombarded with daily updates if the turtles were making money using his system. Anyway, I 'd appreciate your thoughts and any guidance on Mike Baghdady please
Digbyarbuthnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:03pm   #2
Joined Apr 2006
Re: Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

world trading champion innit

what could possibly go wrong ?
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:21pm   #3
Joined Jan 2012

Digbyarbuthnot started this thread was he the only entrant in the competition? LOL
Digbyarbuthnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:21pm   #4

Joined Jan 2012

I've attended his presentation at a traders' event (it's Excel - place near London City Airport).

I would say he is a momentum trader - if the price goes down he sells and vice versa. There were quite a few attendees interested in presentation and also there was a small competition where one could use his system and the most successful demo trader was given a small reward - an interesting experience.
ZEN archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:04pm   #5
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN archer View Post
There were quite a few attendees interested in presentation and also there was a small competition where one could use his system and the most successful demo trader was given a small reward - an interesting experience.
What a fantastic marketing tool, the guys much smarter than I give him credit for.

Just out of curiosity, did MB take part in the competition ?
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:23pm   #6

Joined Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
What a fantastic marketing tool, the guys much smarter than I give him credit for.

Just out of curiosity, did MB take part in the competition ?
I wouldn't know - I didn't take part in the competition (trying to avoid giving contact details).

His presentation was ok - most of it. So far as I can remember he doesn't like using dojis and other candle patterns which is a mistake IMO.
ZEN archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:54pm   #7
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digbyarbuthnot View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been trading for the last few years and invested a lot of time in reading books and trying out various methods. Overall, I'm still pretty flat, which is not too bad, but neither is it great! I've decided to bite the bullet and take a course. I know that you guys are rather vitriolic about most trainers, but trawling through all the online offerings, I'm more confused than ever. I discounted a load of people but did attend a workshop with Mike Baghdady at Training Traders. What a bizarre set up! His office is a shabby unkempt flea-pit down a side alley. The office was a shambles inside - very dirty, very soul-less and definitely not somewhere I felt comfortable spending my money. My student flat was nicer than Mike Baghdady's office so the prospect of paying him £5,000 is a joke! So, after all the time procrastinating about spending the money to do a course, I was wondering if anyone can help me out with recommendations and save me wasting my time with people like Mike Baghdady. I tried to do a search for him on this website but I found lots of references to the fact that he likes litigation. Also, on the New Turtle Traders Facebook page, someone requested an update at the beginning of the year but the silence from Training Traders was rather telling. Does this mean that his system doesn't work and Mr Baghdady is running scared of telling people? I'm sure we would be bombarded with daily updates if the turtles were making money using his system. Anyway, I 'd appreciate your thoughts and any guidance on Mike Baghdady please

I don't know how much stuff you have read as he keeps taking legal action to get the forums to remove any information about him. In short yes he claimed to be world champion but that was a lie. He also filed for bankruptcy whilst simultaneously claiming to be a millionaire trader. Court documents showed he made no income from trading, just training fees. Oh and he still owes a load of money for student fees from the late 90s.

Mind you the rest of them aren't much better. They just tell fewer lies about themselves, or at least don't get caught so easily.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:50am   #8
Joined Feb 2012

Interesting stuff. Two files here showing his Chapetr 11 details.
Seems funny to me (if it were not so serious) that a guy that claims to be the worlds leading expert on price behaviour trading, still owes a student loan from 1999 - and admits it!

Anyone got evidence that he still trades or is it an illusion from the far and distant past?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bagdaddy.pdf (93.0 KB, 1334 views)
File Type: pdf nyeb10-45547.pdf (260.6 KB, 1051 views)
pipsplease is offline   Reply With Quote