Candlestick Analysis: Lighting the Markets

This is a discussion on Candlestick Analysis: Lighting the Markets within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Candlestick Analysis: Lighting the Markets " by Steve Nison . Quick ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:19pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Candlestick Analysis: Lighting the Markets

We've just published a new T2W article called "Candlestick Analysis: Lighting the Markets" by Steve Nison.

Quick Summary: Tom Hougaard talks to the man who brought Japanese Candles to the west, Steve Nison.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 6:45pm   #2

Joined Apr 2004
What he means in the first paragraph.....is that the president of the company was" very well acqainted with", rather than "frequented with".
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:10pm   #3

Joined Jul 2002
Socrates, you are soooo right. I am sitting here with red cheeks....my only excuse is that I am Danish, even though the T2W profile says I am English )))))
SUNSEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:13pm   #4

Joined Jul 2002
I should add that Steve Nison is coming to London in 3 weeks for a full day seminar :

www.trade2win.com/events/event.php?id=1012
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:29pm   #5

Joined Sep 2001
We'll forgive you, SUNSEEKER, for being a Viking.
But not for that T-shirt of yours emblazoned
"Pillage in the Village English Tour 885 AD"
Of course, Steve Nison is THE man for c'sticks so it should be a cracking good seminar - only the best, huh?
Richard

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:58pm   #6

Joined Nov 2002
I thought Thomas is a British subject ...

The up coming Steve Nison seminar has been mentioned once or twice here....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/12758-steve-nison-18th-feb.html :

Last edited by a320; Jan 30, 2005 at 12:04am.
a320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 1:34pm   #7

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Fantastic information!
simonchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 3:47pm   #8

Joined Nov 2004
Just purchased and received Nison's "Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques SE" , $90.00.

For those I mentor, I have been instructing them to pick the book up also.

d-
Mentor
des44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:45pm   #9
Joined Jul 2003
Des, have you also checked out "The Candlestick Course", Nison (2003)
pub. Wiley Trading ISBN 0-471-22728-5?

I found this by far the most useful text for those new to Candles. A lot cheaper too, especially in paperback.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:19pm   #10

Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble
Des, have you also checked out "The Candlestick Course", Nison (2003)
pub. Wiley Trading ISBN 0-471-22728-5?

I found this by far the most useful text for those new to Candles. A lot cheaper too, especially in paperback.
This book is particularly good, as there are exercises and questions at end of each chapter, so it re-inforces what you have learnt. etc.
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:23pm   #11

Joined Jul 2002
You can experience Steve Nison live on Friday the 18th February ( less than 2 weeks away ). On the day you will get a full days tuition, a 225 page handout with the charts covered on the day, Steve Nison's book "The Candlestick Course", as well as lunch and refreshments....all for the bargain price of £200....

www.tradertom.com/seminar.htm
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:28pm   #12
Joined Feb 2005
Thanks for this, most helpful!
Actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:46am   #13

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
FAN - tassss - tic!!
Great information, Thank you.
paneraione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 8:30am   #14

Joined Aug 2003
Good article which has prompted me to take a real look at candles instead of always using bars.
Salty Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:25pm   #15
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Salty,
I've only ever used candles, right from the start. Although they don't contain any more information than a bar - i.e. OHLC, I find that they are so much more appealing and visually seductive. However, recently I have come to question my reliance upon them because of a comment or two from dbphoenix. He says something to the effect that many people treat candles as patterns without due regard as to why the pattern (candle) is formed. The danger of this is that it doesn't offer any depth of understanding into market behaviour and the result is that sometimes the pattern 'works' and sometimes it doesn't. In this respect, candlestick patterns are no different and no more helpful than, say a head & shoulders pattern or an ascending triangle. Essentially, they become just another hit 'n' miss indicator which, in the hands of someone like me is more often miss than hit. Of course, in the hands of Mr. Nison, the results are likely to be much better and much more profitable.
Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote