Payroll Turd Polishing

This is a discussion on Payroll Turd Polishing within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; there was some big itchy fingers for sure - massive palms actually! I did not know about the Eurex announcement. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 4, 2004, 4:52pm   #16
Joined Jan 2004
there was some big itchy fingers for sure - massive palms actually! I did not know about the Eurex announcement. Next time I will just put in orders at least 200 ticks on either side of the market. Would have been sorted in this occasion for sure had I done.

Any of u guys trade with the big boys?
Old Apr 6, 2004, 8:40am   #17
Joined Oct 2001
293,000 of the 310,000 jobs may be only Temp jobs, is this helpful ?
twiglet
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:01am   #18
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
Probably government "Temp" employees
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:25pm   #19

Joined Sep 2003
zigglewigler started this thread Greenspan Almighty! I am sick to frigging death with this economic spin. Economics and politics live in the same toilet. The Land of the Free to Lie hits its zenith.

US employment March 2004, the facts!

Nonfarm payroll up 308k, yet unemployment rate stays at 5.7%!

8.4 million without jobs, unchanged.

In March, the number of people who worked part time for economic reasons increased to 4.7 million. Either hours were cut or they couldn't find full-time jobs.

But get this, the real way to buff up a stinking turd. 1.6 million were 'marginally attached to the labour force', these people want jobs, had looked in the last year, BUT WERE NOT COUNTED AS UNEMPLOYED BECAUSE THEY HAD NOT LOOKED FOR WORK IN THE 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE JOB SURVEY.

514,000 'discouraged' workers, a subset of the 'marginal', didn't even bother to look for work as they believed there was no work out there for them. Currently forming an orderly queue at the end of the pier!

The 308k increase was in construction(a bubble pumped to explode), retail trade(yanks spending what they don't have, also waiting to explode), health care and social assistance(tax payers money funding employment the way the Soviets used to).

Manufacturing employment remained unchanged(real jobs that might help US actually make some money).

11,000 new jobs in the re-mortgaging business(hear the rumblings of a not-too-distant bang).

Oh, and the gov't adds another 31,000 pen pushers.

So all in all, a fantastic performance by America, now the idiots go marching off to the markets with this good news in their hands.

What could they do next for the Bush campaign? Here's a ludicrous idea, drop from the Dow some turkeys that are holding the index back and substitute them with some fly-by-night bull ****e businesses that are doing 'the right thing'.

What?... They are?!
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:49pm   #20
Joined Dec 2003
Ziggy,
but apart from that was it basically good news ...LOL
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:58pm   #21
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
"Manufacturing employment remained unchanged(real jobs that might help US actually make some money)."

Unchanged even tho' fast food workers were recently re-classified under manufacturing.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:17pm   #22
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
Guess we've just got to accept it. It's a big bad world out there - and we all know it.

Im as pi$$ed about it as anyone, but now I'm learning to let it pass me by. I'm not going to start going grey because of some jumped up filthy pigs from the land that God forgot. I've just got to learn to accept how the market takes the numbers - be they real or not. - then make ca$h from it.

Im just sitting back waiting for the $hit to hit the fan - AND IT WILL - because of all this manipulation. Then, I will be there, ready, with my finger on the button, ready to send my 500 lot into the market and add to the pain of these greedy pigs who are ruining the world.

Jesus loves you!
BBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:25pm   #23
Joined Dec 2003
zigglewigler

I had cause to point out your cynicism earlier in this thread and note that you do not appear to have amended your ways.

It is time that you learned that political manipulating of the markets is all part of the democratic and non democratic way of the world and no amount of complaining is going to change that.

I suggest that you adopt the more fasionable approach to this type of data production and say what a good thing it is and look how the markets are improving etc, i'm sure you get the drift.

When things go wrong you then adopt the 'too far too soon' approach/ blame it on foreign speculators/ democrats/those who were not with us therefore were against us/the french etc.

So let's have no more of this negative un-patriotic talk, get on message and let the spin take the strain.

Regards

bracke

Last edited by bracke; Apr 6, 2004 at 2:47pm.
bracke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:25pm   #24
Joined Dec 2003
BBB,
"add to the pain of these greedy pigs who are ruining the world"....but apart from that are they basically decent sorts you could have a drink with after the game.. ....LOL
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:27pm   #25
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
Well, this should cheer you up about our wonderful world in the current climate.

Thank God for US 'intelligence'!

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/default.jsp
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:39pm   #26
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
Chump - lol - yea I would of course - but only if I had some poison to tip in their drink that caused them the same amount of pain and suffering they have caused the rest in the world.

Brackle - although I agree with the jist of your post, I don't see how we can be patriotic about this country anymore. Lets face it, the loony left now call us racist if we fly our own flag. 'They' take offence if we call our selves GREAT Britain, thanks to tony b'Liar, we are disliked the world over because of the Iraq war, our politicians lie to us EVERY DAY, people from overseas have more rights to UK (sorry, GB) resources than we do, your children are now being brainwashed with the cultures and ideas from 1000's of miles away. GB used to be a great country who gave a lot of charity and education to the rest of the world. We now call our selves the united (ie slightly disjointed) kingdom - the trash bin for what the rest of the world no longer wants. Thank you tony bLiar.

And before anyone says 'BBB, why do you stay here?' I say exactly! I'm planning my escape out of this 'country' for good.

I apologise if any of this rambling seems racist. It is not ment to be. I accept that there have been some tremendous contributions made to this country from those overseas. I just dont like to see our identity gradually eroded every day, and all that was good about this country being thrown away so as not to offend those who have no right to be here, or who have played no part in the building of what once was a great place to be proud of - a victim of our own success?

Last edited by BBB; Apr 6, 2004 at 2:44pm.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:41pm   #27

Joined Sep 2003
zigglewigler started this thread chump
yes it helps to laugh, doesn't it? I mean, who is running that asylum?

More good news for Americans, import prices up 0.8% for year end Feb. And all Greenspan and his elves were looking out for was deflation!
Old Apr 6, 2004, 3:09pm   #28

Joined Sep 2003
zigglewigler started this thread bracke
non!

BBB
trouble with being 'Great' is that it refers to the English Chanel, that thing that kept the Nazis out, as in Greater Britain as distinct from Little Britain in the North of France.

Yes we should still call ourselves Great Britain if we want to refer to our geography, but we should stop pretending to be 'Great' while we follow Amerilalaland to rack and ruin.

And all these Anglo-Saxons invading our land. Bloody foreigners!
Old Apr 6, 2004, 3:38pm   #29
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
BBB, on your subject of looney politically correct, a friend of mine flies the police helicopter quite often and said that the other day when he was in Bath he was told they could no longer order a "Black" or "White" coffee in the canteen, now it had to be a coffee with or without milk.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 3:59pm   #30
Joined Dec 2003
zigglewigler

I had hoped that you would see the error of your ways without recourse to additional admonishment but you appear determined to maintain this stubborn old fashioned realistic attitude.

I strongly suggest that you allow the scales to fall from your eyes to see and adopt the NEW realism - you will feel a lot better for it.

Failure to amend your ways will only result in more pain for you as the US election draws closer and you are obliged to accept more good news. Don't be silly, adopt NEW realism you know it makes non-sense

Regards

bracke
bracke is offline   Reply With Quote