Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; May be of interest: And next for Britain, the semi-slump | David Blanchflower | Comment is free | The Guardian...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:29pm   #50

Joined May 2008
montmorencyt2w started this thread May be of interest:

And next for Britain, the semi-slump | David Blanchflower | Comment is free | The Guardian
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2009, 12:30am   #51

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by montmorencyt2w View Post

Interesting post MontMorency - as Blanchflower is one of the few economists who got the extent of the recession and depression before anyone else voting for monetary relaxation.

Whilst I concur with his views there are some very serious structural imbalances.

1. Aging popullation - means people aren't producing sufficiently to replace those dying
2. We have a net migration out of the UK in terms of brain drain
3. We have skewed distribution of wealth - in the hands of ******s who buy luxery items imported from abroad
4. We have diminishing active young popullation with no money = funds to invest
5. We have a decimated manufacturing industry
6. An effed up financial sector full of fat ******s who get rewarded for failure
7. We now have a debt burden that can only be paid by further running down services and raising taxes which the many poor sector of society will have to pay
8. We have an impending pension and health crises to say the least
9. We are fighting a war we cannot win
10. We have Gordon Brown for prime minister who has put an end to boom and bust...

We'll soon be rid of the old Brown **** and get some new hot **** in Cameron.

**** happens all the time.

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 5:43pm   #52
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
wallstreet hero no offense but i don't think you understand what is actually happening at the moment. as i have already said you cant even compare Germany with the current situation as they had issued their debt in a foreign currency which was there downfall...

as far as i can see every person i speak to who is seriously knowledgeable on the situation is saying deflation, it is only those with a loose understanding of economics crying about inflation..not gona happen.

who are you, einstein, i dnt think anyone cares if you said it or not. LOL

i am not comparing the current crisis with germanys, all im saying is that we will have hyperinflation which is inevitiable. it takes common sense to figure out every new dollar printed brings in a decline the the dollar and theres been a massive spike recently.

i dnt know what you call knowledgeable on economics, may only people who agree with you, but looking at all the people who have the best track records and pridicted the crisises, (jim rogers, marc faber, peter schiff) they are all talking about two things and thats depression and hyperinfaltion, just like they were talking about a financial crisis in the last 5 years and everyone made a laught of them,
people talking about a recovery are the ones with a loose understanding of economics cause they have never got anything right in there lives,
Old Jul 19, 2009, 5:44pm   #53
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
not anymore its not, we have seen the era of expanding at a never seen rate before..governments printing money is not the only way money is created..money is created threw the issue of new debt with the fractional reserve system
exactly and that just expands the money supply even more heading to hyperinflation
Old Jul 19, 2009, 5:46pm   #54
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
the money supply and debt arnt the same thing..there is 11 trillion in mortgages outstanding in the us (roughly) how's that work with 2 trillion in the money supply huh?
there is more debt then money, thats how messed up the whole system was, it was corrupted.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 6:13pm   #55

Joined Oct 2008

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Technically Fundamental
Old Jul 19, 2009, 6:33pm   #56
Joined Oct 2008
"Like gold, U.S. dollars have value only to the extent that they are strictly limited in supply. But the U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press (or, today, its electronic equivalent), that allows it to produce as many U.S. dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost. By increasing the number of U.S. dollars in circulation, or even by credibly threatening to do so, the U.S. government can also reduce the value of a dollar in terms of goods and services, which is equivalent to raising the prices in dollars of those goods and services. We conclude that, under a paper-money system, a determined government can always generate higher spending and hence positive inflation." Ben Bernanke.