Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Genics ben bernanke, today "I think they're misguided in the sense that ... the Federal Reserve is ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:35pm   #106
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
ben bernanke, today


"I think they're misguided in the sense that ... the Federal Reserve is able to draw those reserves out and raise
interest rates at an appropriate time to make sure that we don't have an inflation problem," Bernanke said in response
to a question posed during a House Financial Services Committee hearing about inflation worries.
He later added that the financial markets don't seem to be worried about inflation.
"I don't think the financial markets are indicating a great deal of concern about inflation," he said, pointing to
long-term Treasury rates that are still "quite low."


Bernanke added that inflation, which is a rise in consumer price levels, "is very stable right now" and the various
measures of monetary supply are not growing quickly.
"Let's be clear about what's going on - the Federal Reserve is not putting money out into the economy. What we're
doing is creating bank reserves. It's not chasing any goods," Bernanke said.
The problem for the US is that control on interest rate policy has been partly taken out of their hands, because of the large amount of govt debt in foreign hands. They need to put a positive spin on everything to make sure that foreign investors will purchase huge amounts of debt at reasonable prices to keep interest rates down.

Its no surprise that money is not chasing goods at the moment because unemployment is rising and people that are working are trying to pay down debt.

Real inflation is running at high levels at the moment. Govt inflation figures are complete and utter nonsense, as are the GDP figures. If true figures were published then they would show that the USA is now in a period of inflationary depression.
__________________
I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
poborsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:40pm   #107
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
and your evidence for this high running inflation?
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:15pm   #108
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
and your evidence for this high running inflation?
Inflation, Money Supply, GDP, Unemployment and the Dollar - Alternate Data Series
__________________
I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
poborsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:21pm   #109
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
and your evidence for this high running inflation?
Genics dear fellow hear is one you...

Have a read of this piece of news which I listened to live on Reuters and which caused me to fall of mi chair...

BBC NEWS | Business | Fed warns of $100bn credit losses


Please note that was July 2007. Two years ago. We are talking facts here not projections or guestimates call it what you will - research even...

Now project the % margin of error and work out from what uncle Ben has fed the markets and work out what he is really telling you.

Reason why the DOW went to 14050 despite the **** news is precisely because the Fed kept feeding BS to the market. $100bn - go figure...

imo poborsky is obviously a disciple of economics and I'd much rather consider his analysis and perspective then men in suits feeding fund managers and media paymasters.

At the end of the day - don't trade on news but pure technical charts. Reason being the news is all BS.


PS, Ben getting the sub-prime crises wrong doesn't necessarily mean he'll be wrong about inflation but cards are stacked against his whishy washy statement imho.whishy
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:25pm   #110
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Genics dear fellow hear is one you...

Have a read of this piece of news which I listened to live on Reuters and which caused me to fall of mi chair...

BBC NEWS | Business | Fed warns of $100bn credit losses


Please note that was July 2007. Two years ago. We are talking facts here not projections or guestimates call it what you will - research even...

Now project the % margin of error and work out from what uncle Ben has fed the markets and work out what he is really telling you.

Reason why the DOW went to 14050 despite the **** news is precisely because the Fed kept feeding BS to the market. $100bn - go figure...

imo poborsky is obviously a disciple of economics and I'd much rather consider his analysis and perspective then men in suits feeding fund managers and media paymasters.

At the end of the day - don't trade on news but pure technical charts. Reason being the news is all BS.


PS, Ben getting the sub-prime crises wrong doesn't necessarily mean he'll be wrong about inflation but cards are stacked against his whishy washy statement imho.whishy
is that because it goes along with your opinion?

yes poborksy is clearly the most knowledgeable here..all hail
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:28pm   #111
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
Click the image to open in full size.

well that fairly backs up what i have said re we have already seen huge inflation..and look where it is now.

so this "high running inflation" is 6% from your source..which is over half that of last year... that's some impressive disinflation..im getting bored of this.

and for the millionth time just because the money supply is growing doesn't mean it is reaching the consumer and chasing goods (which is that causes the inflation)
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader

Last edited by N Rothschild; Jul 21, 2009 at 9:35pm.
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:36pm   #112
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
i think some of you underestimate the era of inflation and credit creation that has come to an end..the fed buying government notes is just a small aprt of money creation..
as shown by poborskys lovely data of 12% inflation
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:48pm   #113
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
sorry aparantly ive been "knocked out" of this thread... cant post anything more
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:52pm   #114
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by poborsky View Post
The problem for the US is that control on interest rate policy has been partly taken out of their hands, because of the large amount of govt debt in foreign hands. They need to put a positive spin on everything to make sure that foreign investors will purchase huge amounts of debt at reasonable prices to keep interest rates down.

Its no surprise that money is not chasing goods at the moment because unemployment is rising and people that are working are trying to pay down debt.

Real inflation is running at high levels at the moment. Govt inflation figures are complete and utter nonsense, as are the GDP figures. If true figures were published then they would show that the USA is now in a period of inflationary depression.
"Its no surprise that money is not chasing goods at the moment because unemployment is rising and people that are working are trying to pay down debt." and what does that cause...deflation is it?
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:52pm   #115
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technically Fundamental View Post
No I said...

Stop chopping down statements to suit and prolong your arguments.

Also, you aren't a great economist.

You have yet to reveal a basis for your argument I the whole of these 12 miserable pages. You went from saying Zimbabwe style inflation, to normal inflation, to laughing at people who say deflation as though the theory has no foundation. I don't know what the hell internet news channel you're watching and what books you've read but I'd advise you to open your mind and be a bit more flexible in your opinion on things you don't fully understand or you run the risk of looking like an idiot.

its not me chopping down statments its you chopping down and twisting my statements to suit your arguement , please point out to me where i have said there will be normal inflation?
stop being an idiot and read the comments properly before making things up and replying to them to suit yourself.
__________________
you can print more dollars, but you can't print more gold
WallStreetHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:56pm   #116
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
well thank you for proving your a moron and shouldn't actually be involved in this discussion. good day sir.
ye right thats why i am now going into other topics to take cheap shots just cause i ripped your **** here.

you are now looking like a 5 year old child ranting, sitting all day on the net wont do anything, i guess thats where you are getting your absurd statments from.

i dnt think theres a time where you have been offline here
you prooved long ago you shouldnt be in this discussion with your absolute ridiculous statments.
__________________
you can print more dollars, but you can't print more gold
WallStreetHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:57pm   #117
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
yeh imagine that, being a trader and being at a pc most of the day...shocking behaviour!

and what statements have i made that are "ridiculous"? care to quote one? or you just throwing random insults...
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:58pm   #118
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
sorry aparantly ive been "knocked out" of this thread... cant post anything more


well atleast you admit it, now what are you gona do, start ranting at everyone else from this thread in other threads
__________________
you can print more dollars, but you can't print more gold
WallStreetHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:03pm   #119
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
the fact you think there cant be a depresion and deflation shows to anyone with half a brain you dont actually have a clue..
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:04pm   #120
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
30yr bonds are up a full handle on bens comments, so i would say the market is agreeing with his outlook.


what a great economist you are, you must be einstein.

absolutely hillarious.
__________________
you can print more dollars, but you can't print more gold
WallStreetHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What will happen on 20 April ? cognate Indices 8 Apr 21, 2009 11:22pm
Hyperinflation warning fibonelli The Foyer 24 Feb 1, 2009 5:36pm
what I think will happen in the coming week thebull27 Forex 1 Jan 30, 2007 9:58pm
Weimar Collapse Curve TWI Technical Analysis 2 May 2, 2006 11:06am
Anything can happen... rossored Technical Analysis 2 Jul 9, 2003 3:47pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)