Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Atilla Oohhh. A serious reply. I think subconciously you despise the Telegraph for personal reasons. If you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:10am   #425

Joined Oct 2008
Re: Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Oohhh. A serious reply. I think subconciously you despise the Telegraph for personal reasons. If you go to a psychiatrist they can put you into a hypno trans and extract your reasons.

In return here is an honest reply.

I used to read the Economist but now have contempt for it as it is written by eye brow raising bodies who take the same old view and approach to news. One dimensional.

I used to read the Sunday Times but news was just the same old mediocre stuff. Got bored of same old stuff - pretty much like the Economist.

I used to read the Investors Chronicle when I was a newbie but grew out of that too and moved on to Technical Analysis.

However, in all honesty I never bought the Telegraph as I always considered it to be a one sided Tory paper with no free thinking. Always trumpeting same ol capitalist free market crap - slagging off Labour policies.

I should add I read a lot mainly on the web. I never look to see who the publisher is but more simply just the article. Normally kicks off from Google. Follow the headline link. You know the rest...
well i think alot of the theory in these publications has seriously rubbed off on you and thats what im picking up on

i read one site only for journalism and thats www.zerohedge.com

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:12am   #426

Joined Oct 2008

eye brow raising bodies who take the same old view and approach to news. One dimensional.

that is to be honest how i see yourself and most other people on this site! its all about thinking outside the box...(which most of my theory is as you know!)

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:32pm   #427

Joined Oct 2008

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bro...8-deleveraging

Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:27am   #428

Joined Jan 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
well i think alot of the theory in these publications has seriously rubbed off on you and thats what im picking up on

i read one site only for journalism and thats www.zerohedge.com
Hi NR

Thanks for that link.

I think I have overdone the "honourable adversary" bit with you and BS, so I'd like to pull my ears down towards my collar a tad. I do like to get my teeth into issues, and as much as I like my point of view to be heard, I am certain both of you would also like to be heard, and taken a little bit more seriously.

NR - I know you can give as good as you get, and it doesn't bother you much. Even so - I've had enough of making ratbaggery comments, and will engage on a better level, if we can continue this discussion.

BS - to you I'd like to say that you do have some valid points, and I haven't really tried to listen to your views as much as you deserved. Sorry Bud - I hope you don't quit the thread because of some trash I poured over you.

Anyway - I would like T2W to improve and to be a place worth having a discussion about the financial future of the world. To that end, I apologise for not engaging you both in the best way.

My views are that the US is in deep, and the Bond Market's antics will reveal that in time, with dire threats to the USD Reserve status.

But I'll re-read your comments, and try to understand your views.

Hope we can get this back on track.

Cheers

Ivan
Attached Thumbnails
sorry_3.jpg  
Ingot54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: N Rothschild
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:21am   #429

Joined Dec 2009

Eh, it's alright. For my part, I was just cranky from having a bad week in the markets. But as I'm seriously exhausted (and still a bit cranky) right about now, I'll continue tomorrow. RIght now, it's time for a creme de cassis.

...reclining in a comfortable chair with the dreamy, far-away look a volcano might wear just after it had desolated entire villages.
- Saki
Benton D Struckcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:49pm   #430

Joined Mar 2004

There is one hell of a dilemma imho for political parties and politicians to cure this nation's ills. The present Govt won't admit they should have moved on the financial problem a lot lot sooner. Oh no it's always someone else's fault.

In a democracy will the majority vote for the party who proposes sensible measures even if they are a bit harsh. I think probably not, especially if your average politician is filling his own bank account with public money etc.

They will make the appropiate noises and do too little too late. A recipe for future disaster on a problem that should never have happened and would never have happened if they were competent.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:07pm   #431

Joined Oct 2008

it would have happened, financial instability is garuntueed with a fiat currency

Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:05pm   #432

Joined Mar 2004

Another point worth considering is the attitude of Americans in high places to the financial crisis.
They mostly couldn't give a stuff about the millions suffering the loss of their jobs, homes etc. and are getting huge rewards again, so soon and the crisis is not even over yet.
Get caught stealing $100 of goods from the corner store and the offender is in trouble but waste billions and the only punishment is a few hard words and on with the game by the untouchables !! They are too big to fail and they know it. Fair is a dirty word in the States. They are the authors of their own and our troubles and noone is able to even smack their wrists !