Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by N Rothschild http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/artic...-money-and-run so, remind me again..how is hyper inflation going to happen when the banks arnt ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:45pm   #344

Joined Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/artic...-money-and-run

so, remind me again..how is hyper inflation going to happen when the banks arnt leading out **** all of all this new capital? its not.
Legendary member - please ... pay attention in class!

Blind Freddy can see that the banks are not lending anything at the moment.

But they will - and soon they will be falling over themselves to flood the nations with all their cashed up balance sheets, leveraged once again by the full effect of the fractional reserve banking system.

My advice:
Don't borrow when that opportunity is given to you.
Pay down as much debt as you can TODAY.
Get out of debt while you stll can.

Of course if you have no debt, then you can disregard my post!
Attached Thumbnails
lemmings-copy.jpg  
Ingot54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:47pm   #345

Joined Oct 2008
post disregarded

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 2:56pm   #346
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/artic...-money-and-run

so, remind me again..how is hyper inflation going to happen when the banks arnt leading out **** all of all this new capital? its not.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:31pm   #347
Joined Oct 2008
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/view/
Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:12pm   #348
Joined May 2004
Quote:
- Soros said weakness in the dollar has become "a bit overextended" and observed the short-dollar trade is "extremely crowed.")
Jim Rogers also reversed his call for a dollar currency crisis by year end and said that the anti-dollar trade was overcrowded and a sustained move was due.

The bounce is now playing out and the inflation/recovery picture is about to unravel.
The fact that there is no underlying support for gold helped to confirm there is nothing but speculation above $1000. ETF flows are now declining and the extreme longs in futures may be getting nervous too.

Tomorrows expectations of 3% U.S. GDP will be very interesting to watch.

Last edited by SAINT; Oct 28, 2009 at 3:25pm.
SAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:24pm   #349

Joined Oct 2008
LOL 3.2% forcast...pretty safe bet thats not going to happen (without a little fidling the books)

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:48pm   #350

Joined May 2008
montmorencyt2w started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT View Post
Jim Rogers also reversed his call for a dollar currency crisis by year end and said that the anti-dollar trade was overcrowded and a sustained move was due.

The bounce is now playing out and the inflation/recovery picture is about to unravel.
The fact that there is no underlying support for gold helped to confirm there is nothing but speculation above $1000. ETF flows are now declining and the extreme longs in futures may be getting nervous too.

Tomorrows expectations of 3% U.S. GDP will be very interesting to watch.
In one of those videos (on ft.com) that NRothschild/Genics kindly pointed us too, Soros said that a good (or least worst) outcome (and I think one he expected) would be a "managed decline" in the dollar leading up to the end of the year. On inflation he said that what happened would depend upon exactly how the Fed managed the ending/run down of quantitative easing and their management of interest rates.
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote