Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; wallstreet hero no offense but i don't think you understand what is actually happening at the moment. as i have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:08pm   #41

Joined Oct 2008
wallstreet hero no offense but i don't think you understand what is actually happening at the moment. as i have already said you cant even compare Germany with the current situation as they had issued their debt in a foreign currency which was there downfall...

as far as i can see every person i speak to who is seriously knowledgeable on the situation is saying deflation, it is only those with a loose understanding of economics crying about inflation..not gona happen.

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:09pm   #42

Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetHero View Post
are you joking or what

fiat money is expanding at a never seen rate before, whats these reckless loans, bailouts, stimulus packages.

all this money right now is with the banks when it gets to the public inflation will rise so fast your pants will fall down. gold will obviously rise with it,
this will happen most likly in 2010-11 or maybe into 2012
not anymore its not, we have seen the era of expanding at a never seen rate before..governments printing money is not the only way money is created..money is created threw the issue of new debt with the fractional reserve system

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:14pm   #43

Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetHero View Post
yes and it will be lent at some stage, demand will come when banks lower their interest rates and deposits.
it doesnt matter if the public is in debt they always have been as their brainless and humans are greedy by nature and thats why they have become slaves to bankers.

the money is allready made, a fresh set of trillons and trillions of dollars have entered the us system in the last year.
Click the image to open in full size.

like i said it will take about a year or two before things settle down and banks start lending like crazy again.
the money supply and debt arnt the same thing..there is 11 trillion in mortgages outstanding in the us (roughly) how's that work with 2 trillion in the money supply huh?

Last edited by N Rothschild; Jul 13, 2009 at 10:19pm.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:23pm   #44

Joined Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
Of course they could tie it to some commodity, but how would they back that up?
it is tied to a commodity - oil

they back it up with the big guns
anyone that tries to change the arrangement, gets invaded
squall321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tafita
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:50am   #45
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody Trader View Post

So you are positing that recession follows inflation?
I believe that the current situation is going to lead to an inflationary depression.

Inflation is govt policy. The public have been brainwashed into believing that deflation is a bad thing, because it seems easier to pay down debt with inflated currency. The compounding effect of inflationary policy eventually leads to the destruction of wealth as business is destroyed and the responsible in society find their savings and pensions becoming worthless.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:34am   #46

Joined Nov 2006
When I was a young lad I always wondered why UFO's were only sighted in the USA and no other country???

People see what they want!

So you print loadsa money and you think you can meet your demand to prevent inflationary pressures... I don't think so based on past 20 years manufacturing performance.

That demand will be fullfilled from / by IMPORTS. Back to square one - BoP defecit balloons - budget defecit balloons - dollar falls - more inflationary pressure. Twin defecits rolls on down route 66...

Then China smells the coffee wakes up one morning and says "you fat lazy Sam now pay mi in Euro or I no supply you!!!"

Eventually when the US has to buy oil in Euros - it will truly wake up. Oil producing countries like Venezuela and Iran already trumpeting this along with Iraq before. Especially when the dollar collapses against the Euro and they find out fuel has doubled in price.

Perhaps then the US may invade Iran or Venezuela as obviously it will be in its national interest. How long can the world and the US maintain the dollar?

Some people simply don't see it.

Some people are more likely to see UFOs than reality. Only a matter of time...

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: poborsky
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:29pm   #47

Joined Oct 2008
i cant ever see the dollar being replaced aslong as the us military draws breath

Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:13pm   #48
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud321 View Post
it is tied to a commodity - oil

they back it up with the big guns
anyone that tries to change the arrangement, gets invaded
Yes this is true. The leaders of the USA understand the exponential factor when it comes to the use of oil. Maybe Iran are the next country that needs to be liberated from a tyrannical dictator.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:40pm   #49

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by poborsky View Post
Yes this is true. The leaders of the USA understand the exponential factor when it comes to the use of oil. Maybe Iran are the next country that needs to be liberated from a tyrannical dictator.
The point is, that Iran isn't a country, which is easy to crush down at the moment. Russia and China are interested in partnership with Iran, so they will certainly try to prevent it from possible aggression. But on the other hand, Iran suffers from internal contradictions, which may be used by some countries for their issues. Or maybe that contadictions are the result of some countries' activities... Who knows...
GFSignals is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote