Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; http://cdn11.castfire.com/video/119/...OT-Return.html...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:32pm   #191

Joined Oct 2008
http://cdn11.castfire.com/video/119/...OT-Return.html

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:33pm   #192

Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by poborsky View Post
As I have posted before, I believe that the deflationary cycle that we are seeing in the US is a symptom of what is going to happen. Year on year budget and trade deficits. We saw a spike in oil prices which suggests that when push comes to shove the oil producing nations are struggling to meet demand. Most of the easy to remove oil has been used up, thats why Albert tar sands are being mined and the Brazilians are drilling in 7000 meter ocean depths. The developing Asian economies are using more oil than ever before and demand will carry on increasing in these countries. Removing capacity from the system is another cause of inflation. Taking away supply while flooding an economy with cheap money will add to inflationary pressure down the line.
doubt we will see 100$ oil again for a long time..

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:41pm   #193
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
doubt we will see 100$ oil again for a long time..
Better chance of seeing 50 first I think, but current production is believed to be at 95% of possible utilization. Lower oil prices mean less investment in current as well as new production. Existing fields are depleted more rapidly and new capacity lags behind.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:40pm   #194

Joined Oct 2008
i wonder if there is still potential for an inverted supply curve

Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:55pm   #195

Joined Oct 2008
Extreme Oil Forecasts Are "Ludicrous": Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:15am   #196

Joined Oct 2008
posted this in another thread

"the fed printing up some cash is only a small part of the picture in money creation. and that money will never hit the consumer so it doesn't matter. the world is gona be busy paying down (of defaulting on debt) for the next few years which will result in massive deflation across the board, massive usd strength, falling stocks commodities etc. when so much debt is created, there is only one way to service that debt and the intrest, more debt! you cut off the supply of credit and HGUE amounts of money will be leached from the system to service that debt and intrest. hence deflation. when you create new debt you only create the amount for that debt, not the intrest to be paid as well, so without the continued creation of new credit it isnt possible to pay back all the debt AND the intrest. seeing the entire world economy and every currency in the world is based on the creation of debt"

Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:15pm   #197

Joined Jun 2009
Funny how both Pimco and Warren Buffett came out the same day with concerns over inflation. Warren Buffett's op-ed is an interesting read on the possibilities of inflation. Here's Buffett's piece http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/op...=2&ref=opinion
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 9:46pm   #198

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
Funny how both Pimco and Warren Buffett came out the same day with concerns over inflation. Warren Buffett's op-ed is an interesting read on the possibilities of inflation. Here's Buffett's piece http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/op...=2&ref=opinion
Anybody know how much in $bn the war in Iraq & Afghanistan has cost the US???

Summary
With enactment of the FY2008 Supplemental/FY2009 Bridge Fund(H.R. 2642/P.L. 110-252) on June 30, 2008, Congress has approved a total of about $864 billion for military operations, base security, reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs, and veterans’ health care for the three operations initiated since the 9/11 attacks: Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) Afghanistan and other counter terror operations; Operation Noble Eagle (ONE), providing enhanced security at military bases; and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF). Congress is currently considering the FY2009

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

The US will remain in Iraq until 2011 and Afghan battle rages on. This begs the question where is the Pentagon - NASA and the war chest get their money from if not the senate?

Last I heard the Democrats were objecting to financing another $100bn through senate for the Iraq war. Where has all this money gone and how will the wars be financed. Alternatively where has all this money come from and how on earth did they / are they financing the damn wars???

Sweep it under the carpet no one will notice. Pass a 4 page Fed request for another $700bn through senate and call it the bank protection fund and bobs your uncle...

No transparency - no accountability - no FT - no comment. Mum's the word...

I must have been a parrot in my previous life...
  1. Vietnam caused the US to move away from the gold standard.
  2. Iraq war will cause the World to move away from the dollar standard.

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: SAINT
Old Aug 19, 2009, 9:48pm   #199

Joined Oct 2008
that was bretton woods, not the actual gold standard

if anything the iraw qar insured that the $ would continue on as the worlds reserve currency, through oil

Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:56pm   #200
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
that was bretton woods, not the actual gold standard

if anything the iraw qar insured that the $ would continue on as the worlds reserve currency, through oil
The Bretton Woods agreement set the USD as the world reserve currency with 35 dollars to 1 ounce of gold. Foreign govts, knowing that the USA were running the printing presses, started asking for payment of debts in gold. Richard Nixon suspended the gold standard in 1971, with the US embroiled in the Vietnam war. It never returned. Inflation took off, leading eventually to 20% or so interest rates in the US to bring it under some sort of control.