Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; "Most of FOMC see's inflation subdued in next 2 years" Ben bernanke, today what about the OMFG HYPERINFLATION??? guess he ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:07pm   #99

Joined Oct 2008
"Most of FOMC see's inflation subdued in next 2 years"

Ben bernanke, today

what about the OMFG HYPERINFLATION???

guess he is a moron aswell wallstreet

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:17pm   #100

Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetHero View Post
Irving fisher is definatly an idiot. the only good investors and economists i have heard are jim rogers, marc faber, peter schiff and ron paul.

btw. just listening to other people would not help you, instead of taking every single word of someone you should do your own research.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...wsletters.html

as for ron paul, he is a conspiracy theory nut..so wouldnt pay much attention to him!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:20pm   #101
Joined May 2008
Do you not understand that this is the research Genics?
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: N Rothschild
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:22pm   #102

Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technically Fundamental View Post
Do you not understand that this is the research Genics?

Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:29pm   #103

Joined Oct 2008
ben bernanke, today

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--As he defended the Federal Reserve's rescue efforts, U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben
Bernanke on Tuesday said inflation concerns are misguided, and reiterated to lawmakers that central-bank policy makers
expect inflation to be subdued for the next two years.
"I think they're misguided in the sense that ... the Federal Reserve is able to draw those reserves out and raise
interest rates at an appropriate time to make sure that we don't have an inflation problem," Bernanke said in response
to a question posed during a House Financial Services Committee hearing about inflation worries.
He later added that the financial markets don't seem to be worried about inflation.
"I don't think the financial markets are indicating a great deal of concern about inflation," he said, pointing to
long-term Treasury rates that are still "quite low."

Furthermore, Bernanke defended the Fed's plans to purchase up to $300 billion in longer-term Treasury securities
against charges that the Fed is monetizing the debt and stoking inflation.
When those purchases are completed, the Fed will still have less Treasurys on its balance sheet than it did two years
ago, Bernanke said, adding that the Fed's share of outstanding Treasuries will be at one of the lowest points in the
postwar period.
"We are not taking a significant portion of U.S. Treasurys," Bernanke said.
Asked if the Fed is considering selling off some of the Treasurys it has purchased, Bernanke replied: "We don't have
any near-term plans to divest ourselves."
Bernanke added that inflation, which is a rise in consumer price levels, "is very stable right now" and the various
measures of monetary supply are not growing quickly.
"Let's be clear about what's going on - the Federal Reserve is not putting money out into the economy. What we're
doing is creating bank reserves. It's not chasing any goods," Bernanke said.

Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla. - just like Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul earlier - was unconvinced.
"It's going to cause inflation," Posey insisted.
Bernanke responded by laying out the various tools the Fed has for exiting its rescue programs, pointing out, for
instance, that the central bank now has the authority to raise interest rates paid on reserves.
He later added that the Fed is doing its best to address the ailing economy. "We're trying very hard to support the
economy," he said.
Turning to a discussion about the Fed's Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility, Bernanke said that while the
amount loaned through the TALF program is lower than expected, he wouldn't say it's off to a slow start. "It has been
effective," the chairman said, adding that the program is helping the credit market.
"So I think we'll continue to focus on that instrument," Bernanke said, and even suggested that the program could be
expanded.
"We are looking at some alternative assets, but they are very complex once you get beyond the categories already
included," he said.

Last edited by N Rothschild; Jul 21, 2009 at 6:39pm.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:33pm   #104

Joined Oct 2008
you starting to grasp it yet wallstreethero?

Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:36pm   #105

Joined Oct 2008
30yr bonds are up a full handle on bens comments, so i would say the market is agreeing with his outlook.