Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by WallStreetHero its not me chopping down statments its you chopping down and twisting my statements to suit ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2009, 1:00pm   #141
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetHero View Post

its not me chopping down statments its you chopping down and twisting my statements to suit your arguement , please point out to me where i have said there will be normal inflation?
stop being an idiot and read the comments properly before making things up and replying to them to suit yourself.
sorry did i forget to make an error... point is still valid.

zimbabwe hyper inflations <<<<< worlds >>>>>> hyper inflation

lets not descend into personal insults here and just stick to defending arguments. it's a discussion board not a p*ssing contest.
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:01pm   #142
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
What we'll have here is a flood of dollars in the market as China attempts to get some value out of rapidly falling currency.

Balance of power will ultimately shift from the US to China. That is economic power.

This is effectively what Japan did with its collosal BoP surplus.

In fact this is a correct approach of what China should be doing to spend its surplus to get the global economy out of recession.

Good move imo. Watch out for further dollar falls though...
Agreed. It looks like China are finding ways to exit dollar positions without accelerating dollar decline to any extent.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:17pm   #143

Joined Oct 2008
china is well overated. the fact they recently had a failed debt auction says it all

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:29pm   #144
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
china is well overated. the fact they recently had a failed debt auction says it all
Or maybe people are just looking for investments that aren't going to be controlled by communists who set their own currency lol.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:31pm   #145
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
Its bad news for the US.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:32pm   #146

Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by poborsky View Post
Its bad news for the US.
agreed..how ever i dont see china as this economic rock that is going to take over from america! if america goes down the pan, we all do...

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:42pm   #147
Joined Oct 2008
The US bond market:

‘Artificially Suppressed’

The Fed bought $2.999 billion of Treasuries today maturing between July 2010 and April 2011, part of its $300 billion, six- month program to reduce lending rates. The central bank has bought $200.722 billion in U.S. debt through the operations, which began March 25. Today’s purchase will be followed by four more over the next two weeks.

Falling Treasury yields have helped the central bank’s mission. The average 30-year mortgage rate dropped to 5.2 percent from 5.32 percent, mortgage buyer Freddie Mac of McLean, Virginia, said today in a statement. That’s the second consecutive weekly decline. The 15-year rate averaged 4.69 percent.

Yields on Treasuries are being artificially suppressed by the central bank; otherwise bonds would yield more than 10 percent, according to Lee Quaintance and Paul Brodsky of QB Asset Management in New York.

“There are powerful structural forces blocking any fundamental reconciliation of value,” Quaintance and Brodsky wrote. “These forces include bond markets comprised mostly of domestic and foreign investors with incentives that place them at odds with rational credit pricing, as well as central banks with unlimited spending capacity threatening, and being encouraged by all, to intervene when necessary to provide a ceiling on yields.”

Treasuries Decline as Demand Drops at $11 Billion Bond Auction - Bloomberg.com
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:55pm   #148

Joined Oct 2008
if my calculations are right..

gdp of china is roughly 4 trillion give or take..population 1.3 billion. $3,075 per person

US 13 Trillion Gdp, population 304 million = $42,000 per person

total wealth in US was aproaching 60 Trillion dollars (obviously this figure was have fallen)

total wealth in china - cant find a figure, but im guessing its not even a fraction of 60 trillion

i know china's gdp is up for debate but i think this highlights the problem..china is still a very poor nation in certain parts! when you look at the gdp to the HUGE population..its not very much..

there really is NO chance of china taking over from america economicaly in the next 50years atleast IMO

Old Jul 22, 2009, 3:01pm   #149
Joined May 2008
But isn't that irrelevant unless you consider demographics and pop density in relation to gdp creation. Half the people in china who are poor have nothing to do with anything. That just seems a little too x=y to me.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 3:02pm   #150

Joined Oct 2008
well the average monthly wage in china is about 300 bucks