Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

This is a discussion on Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; No hyperinflation. Discussion over....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 20, 2009, 3:14pm   #71
Joined May 2008
No hyperinflation. Discussion over.
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 4:23pm   #72
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics View Post
are you serious? everyone in the media is claiming hyperinflation? so how am i "one of those"..and since when did i say there wasn't going to be a recession?

ok laugh at it if you want, but your not even explaining why you think there will be hyperinflation and how it will happen.
what media have you been watching Alex Jones tv. i am talking about media in general. i.e. CNN, Fox, CNBC, Bloomberg etc. who are the jokers talking about deflation and laught at the ones talking about depression, have you even seen the peter schiff video on youtube posted on this forum under genius heading, if not i guess you should watch it and open your eyes on your beloved media.

i have allready explained it before why hyperinflation would happen, but i guess your going to ignore it as it doesnt suit your opinion.

you are clearly following the guys who didnt expect a recession and thats why i said you didnt expecvt one, cause i bet you didnt,even though you will deny it now. But those so called great economists who are now talking about deflation and the same fools that were laughting at us when we were saying theres a financial crisis coming,

it is better to revist this thread in a year or 2. but i would like to know your pridiction of what will happen by 2012.
i belive there will be a depression.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 4:44pm   #73

Joined Oct 2008
your just talking **** now and making sweeping general statements, i don't even watch cnbc and the like, let alone pay any attention to them. i have already quoted one person i follow closely and agree with, he is certainly not a main stream media person.

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:12pm   #74
Joined Oct 2008
Jim Rogers on USD

Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:33pm   #75
Joined Oct 2008
Tarp could eventually cost 23.7 trillion!

U.S. Rescue May Reach $23.7 Billion, Barofsky Says (Update1) - Bloomberg.com
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:59pm   #76
Joined Apr 2009
I dont pretend to know much if anything about economics but it would be nice to know what to look out for. Some people are saying hyperinfaltion some people are saying deflation.

I'm curious as to what the warning signs are for each option. As far as I understand it in hyperinflation you would get increases in commodity prices(shoot me down if im wrong). So for example if I saw gold shoot past $1000 I'd assume hyperinflation is happening and I must act to protect myself.
I'm not really sure what you'd do in deflation. Any ideas genics??
Any ideas from anyone really.

P.S a nice heated argument is always interesting but wouldnt it be better to just know the available options and know the warnings signs for each option so you can act accordingly? Cant help thinking if your views are wrong you wont be able accept your wrong and so you wont act to protect your wealth.
fleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 8:50pm   #77

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technically Fundamental View Post

Do you know how middle eastern banks work?
No!

and...

how do they work???

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote