The Housing Market Is Hanging On By A Thread Signals High End Real Estate

This is a discussion on The Housing Market Is Hanging On By A Thread Signals High End Real Estate within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by NVP the point of what .......wondering if prices will go up or down ? ive just told ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:08am   #17

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
the point of what .......wondering if prices will go up or down ?

ive just told you what will determine that

so pick a country / area and more specifically a market segment you are focusing on

and apply the 2 criteria i've already given

N
This is complete B.S! The only difference between property 'trading' and forex trading is the leverage involved, there is nothing inherently simple about investing in property. With any financial instrument, there is a right time to buy and a right time to sell and property is no different. If you bought a house today and paid £350,000 and tomorrow it is worth £351,000 it is no big deal. However, if you were trading at £1 pip it would be a big deal.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Oscar Reed
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:09am   #18

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
That's just a projection. I have seen dozens of these over the years and none of them have ever come to light.
I have bought and sold property many times over the years. I don't know where you get your 'facts' from.

Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:16am   #19

Joined Jan 2006
I’ve talked to many people over the years who think you can’t lose with prop-uh-ee and almost every one of them have no idea of the difference between real house prices and nominal house prices, they give you a vacuous expression with that question. None of them consider opportunity cost, outgoings or any other of the various factors that can determine whether or not property is a good investment and whether ‘now’ is the right time to buy.

Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:25am   #20

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
This is complete B.S! The only difference between property 'trading' and forex trading is the leverage involved, there is nothing inherently simple about investing in property. With any financial instrument, there is a right time to buy and a right time to sell and property is no different. If you bought a house today and paid £350,000 and tomorrow it is worth £351,000 it is no big deal. However, if you were trading at £1 pip it would be a big deal.

It's not BS but you do have your phases of talking it up large and rubbishing other peoples input.

All instruments have the peculiarities and propery is no different.

Property has many attributes attached it too. Is it to live in or let. Is it to be done up and sold on with value added. Location, size, type etc. So without considering market segment type, timing is but just one factor.

Absolutely nothing like trading Forex other than buying or selling anything.

Stop spreading your BS know-it-all and just contribute what ever S you have.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:25am   #21

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear View Post
A house price crash helps no one! Building more and affordable homes is whats needed.
A house price crash helps the prudent. What is needed is a free market, not artificial support from Central Banks. Building more 'affordable' homes will achieve nothing. Central Banks cause the property bubbles by suppressing interest rates and the inevitable crash that follows.

Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:28am   #22

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
It's not BS but you do have your phases of talking it up large and rubbishing other peoples input.

All instruments have the peculiarities and propery is no different.

Property has many attributes attached it too. Is it to live in or let. Is it to be done up and sold on with value added. Location, size, type etc. So without considering market segment type, timing is but just one factor.

Absolutely nothing like trading Forex other than buying or selling anything.

Stop spreading your BS know-it-all and just contribute what ever S you have.

Go back a READ what I wrote. I said there is nothing that makes trading property SIMPLE compared to anything else FFS!

Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:28am   #23

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
A house price crash helps the prudent. What is needed is a free market, not artificial support from Central Banks. Building more 'affordable' homes will achieve nothing. Central Banks cause the property bubbles by suppressing interest rates and the inevitable crash that follows.
OMG you saying building more house will achieve nothing? What are you on?

Typically, you having withdrawal symptoms from not having discussed fiat money and want to change the debate.

Errmm... building more houses will add to supply filling demand. Basic economics no?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:29am   #24

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Go back a READ what I wrote. I said there is nothing that makes trading property SIMPLE compared to anything else FFS!
It's your BS part I was objecting too and dealing in property is considerably different to FX. Helllooooooooooooooo.... anybody in there