The Housing Market Is Hanging On By A Thread Signals High End Real Estate

This is a discussion on The Housing Market Is Hanging On By A Thread Signals High End Real Estate within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by new_trader That's just a projection. I have seen dozens of these over the years and none of ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:31pm   #16
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post


That's just a projection. I have seen dozens of these over the years and none of them have ever come to light.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:08am   #17
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
the point of what .......wondering if prices will go up or down ?

ive just told you what will determine that

so pick a country / area and more specifically a market segment you are focusing on

and apply the 2 criteria i've already given

N
This is complete B.S! The only difference between property 'trading' and forex trading is the leverage involved, there is nothing inherently simple about investing in property. With any financial instrument, there is a right time to buy and a right time to sell and property is no different. If you bought a house today and paid £350,000 and tomorrow it is worth £351,000 it is no big deal. However, if you were trading at £1 pip it would be a big deal.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Oscar Reed
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:09am   #18
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
That's just a projection. I have seen dozens of these over the years and none of them have ever come to light.
I have bought and sold property many times over the years. I don't know where you get your 'facts' from.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:16am   #19
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
I’ve talked to many people over the years who think you can’t lose with prop-uh-ee and almost every one of them have no idea of the difference between real house prices and nominal house prices, they give you a vacuous expression with that question. None of them consider opportunity cost, outgoings or any other of the various factors that can determine whether or not property is a good investment and whether ‘now’ is the right time to buy.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:25am   #20
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
This is complete B.S! The only difference between property 'trading' and forex trading is the leverage involved, there is nothing inherently simple about investing in property. With any financial instrument, there is a right time to buy and a right time to sell and property is no different. If you bought a house today and paid £350,000 and tomorrow it is worth £351,000 it is no big deal. However, if you were trading at £1 pip it would be a big deal.

It's not BS but you do have your phases of talking it up large and rubbishing other peoples input.

All instruments have the peculiarities and propery is no different.

Property has many attributes attached it too. Is it to live in or let. Is it to be done up and sold on with value added. Location, size, type etc. So without considering market segment type, timing is but just one factor.

Absolutely nothing like trading Forex other than buying or selling anything.


Stop spreading your BS know-it-all and just contribute what ever S you have.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:25am   #21
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear View Post
A house price crash helps no one! Building more and affordable homes is whats needed.
A house price crash helps the prudent. What is needed is a free market, not artificial support from Central Banks. Building more 'affordable' homes will achieve nothing. Central Banks cause the property bubbles by suppressing interest rates and the inevitable crash that follows.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:28am   #22
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
It's not BS but you do have your phases of talking it up large and rubbishing other peoples input.

All instruments have the peculiarities and propery is no different.

Property has many attributes attached it too. Is it to live in or let. Is it to be done up and sold on with value added. Location, size, type etc. So without considering market segment type, timing is but just one factor.

Absolutely nothing like trading Forex other than buying or selling anything.


Stop spreading your BS know-it-all and just contribute what ever S you have.

Go back a READ what I wrote. I said there is nothing that makes trading property SIMPLE compared to anything else FFS!
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:28am   #23
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
A house price crash helps the prudent. What is needed is a free market, not artificial support from Central Banks. Building more 'affordable' homes will achieve nothing. Central Banks cause the property bubbles by suppressing interest rates and the inevitable crash that follows.
OMG you saying building more house will achieve nothing? What are you on?


Typically, you having withdrawal symptoms from not having discussed fiat money and want to change the debate.


Errmm... building more houses will add to supply filling demand. Basic economics no?
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:29am   #24
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Go back a READ what I wrote. I said there is nothing that makes trading property SIMPLE compared to anything else FFS!
It's your BS part I was objecting too and dealing in property is considerably different to FX. Helllooooooooooooooo.... anybody in there
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:32am   #25
 
ffsear's Avatar
Joined Oct 2006
Seems like Atilla's got this no need for me to reply.
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:33am   #26
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
It's your BS part I was objecting too and dealing in property is considerably different to FX. Helllooooooooooooooo.... anybody in there
Put me back on ignore, please.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:58am   #27
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Put me back on ignore, please.
No thanks as I haven't reached those depths quite yet and you do sometimes add value and interest. Not much but on those rare occasions sometimes you do

Just objecting to you BS on other peoples contributions especially so - when you come out with outlandish statements which aren't true.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:04pm   #28
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear View Post
Seems like Atilla's got this no need for me to reply.
Ok Mr Property guru, let me ask you this: Imagine you find a nice detached 4 bedroom house in a nice area and you decide to make an offer. Before you do, you find out from a reliable source that the greenbelt across the road has just been rezoned residential and planning has been approved for 2000 new ‘affordable’ houses. Would you still go ahead with your purchase?
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:32pm   #29
 
ffsear's Avatar
Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Ok Mr Property guru, let me ask you this: Imagine you find a nice detached 4 bedroom house in a nice area and you decide to make an offer. Before you do, you find out from a reliable source that the greenbelt across the road has just been rezoned residential and planning has been approved for 2000 new ‘affordable’ houses. Would you still go ahead with your purchase?

Its not the 1960's. We don't build housing estates to home thousands of people anymore.

Besides, we are discussing the housing market as a whole, not some localised fantasy that you've come up with.

Come back when you have a realistic argument.

Last edited by ffsear; Aug 12, 2016 at 12:42pm.
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:21pm   #30
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
prop-uh-ee is piece of piѕѕ *LOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear View Post
Its not the 1960's. We don't build housing estates to home thousands of people anymore.

Besides, we are discussing the housing market as a whole, not some localised fantasy that you've come up with.

Come back when you have a realistic argument.
Basically, "no comment" right?

WTF is your definition of "Affordable"...4 bed detached? FFS!

Recent headlines:

Quote:
2,000 new homes plan on Leeds villagers’ doorstep

Reactions from locals:

"The meeting heard that the scheme had received 136 letters of objection. Locals from Thorp Arch village have also set up an action group to fight the proposals, after complaints they weren’t consulted enough."

"Thorp Arch parish council has expressed serious concerns.It has submitted a 50-page objection referring back to the planning inspector’s original findings of unsustainability, and expressing fears that the relief road will be “ineffective”."


2,000 new homes for Gaydon agreed

Reactions from locals:

“We are fundamentally opposed to it for many reasons.” She also spoke of the major impact changes could have on access to the B4100 with up to 6,000 more cars which should not be ignored. Gaydon Parish Council asked that approval on the greenfield land be delayed for more work to be done.

Concerns were also raised over Chesterton Windmill - a Grade I listed site which could come under “massive light pollution” and potential damage, and of the Old Quarry, and land near Chesterton Wood.

The numbskulls demand "more affordable housing" as long as it is built somewhere else!

The "prop-uh-ee is a piece of piѕѕ" numbskulls better think twice about buying too, better to lose your pennies trading forex
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Westward Group for Tax and Estate Planning Advisors Tokyo Tips: Real Estate Purchases cassidyjones First Steps 0 May 1, 2014 2:49am
Trade The End To The Housing Recovery traderchild Indices 0 Aug 20, 2013 4:00pm
Hanging on by a thread! Mid T2W Feedback & Announcements 1 Sep 8, 2002 11:43am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)