What financial analysts reports to pick ?

This is a discussion on What financial analysts reports to pick ? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Hello guys I need some help! i am currently doing a project for my university subject called financial statement analysis. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:49pm   #1

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
What financial analysts reports to pick ?

Hello guys

I need some help! i am currently doing a project for my university subject called financial statement analysis. Our project is about analysing a company in the financial markets.

The report should consist of six sections:
1. Summary page
2. Company background and business analysis
3. Analysis of financial accounts or reporting issues
4. Performance analysis
5. Forecasting
6. Valuation

Our lecture has given us 4 different financial reports which we could use as a template for our project. Now he did mention that not all four reports are good infact some he would fail. Could you please help by stating which report is good and would meet the above criteria? i have attached four files

p.s. this is the first time on this and dont really know how to use it, if im posted this in the wrong section im really sorry

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf facebook.pdf (1,014.2 KB, 613 views)
File Type: pdf ryan air.pdf (149.3 KB, 387 views)
File Type: pdf anglo american.pdf (817.1 KB, 790 views)
File Type: pdf star cruises.pdf (5.51 MB, 172 views)
Raypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:20pm   #2

Joined Nov 2009
Re: What financial analysts reports to pick ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raypeter View Post
Hello guys

I need some help! i am currently doing a project for my university subject called financial statement analysis. Our project is about analysing a company in the financial markets.

The report should consist of six sections:
1. Summary page
2. Company background and business analysis
3. Analysis of financial accounts or reporting issues
4. Performance analysis
5. Forecasting
6. Valuation

Our lecture has given us 4 different financial reports which we could use as a template for our project. Now he did mention that not all four reports are good infact some he would fail. Could you please help by stating which report is good and would meet the above criteria? i have attached four files

p.s. this is the first time on this and dont really know how to use it, if im posted this in the wrong section im really sorry

thanks
surely all you need to do is open each one and tick the criteria off your list. Is there a specific thing you are not sure of?
eg, you know what a summary page is, so you dont really need someone to help you with that
FB has one, but doesnt have too much in terms of background..just a couple of lines whereas there are heaps of analysis.
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:01pm   #3

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2013

Raypeter started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
surely all you need to do is open each one and tick the criteria off your list. Is there a specific thing you are not sure of?
eg, you know what a summary page is, so you dont really need someone to help you with that
FB has one, but doesnt have too much in terms of background..just a couple of lines whereas there are heaps of analysis.
i did check with the criteria and from all four i think the anglo american one ticks all the boxes. I just wanted to get it checked incase i might be wrong

thanks
Raypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:43pm   #4

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raypeter View Post
i did check with the criteria and from all four i think the anglo american one ticks all the boxes. I just wanted to get it checked incase i might be wrong

thanks
No I'd say you were spot on
definitely ticks all the boxes
Old May 26, 2013, 12:57pm   #5

8 Posts
Joined May 2013

Email me your stuff i will be helping you throughout your course No worries. Sidramehdi@gmail.com
sidra is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 1:16pm   #6

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidra View Post
Email me your stuff i will be helping you throughout your course No worries. Sidramehdi@gmail.com
from 3 months ago...nothing like timely advice
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:13pm   #7
Joined Apr 2009

There is a great free company which offers financial information for free for all US companies all in a nice spreadsheet format. http://goo.gl/7NVRm

Last edited by ukdaytrader; Jun 30, 2013 at 12:13pm. Reason: incorrect url
ukdaytrader is offline   Reply With Quote