What's missing

This is a discussion on What's missing within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt I'm a hobbyist really. Just want to get a handle on things for when I hopefully ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:39pm   #33

Joined Feb 2012
Re: What's missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
I'm a hobbyist really. Just want to get a handle on things for when I hopefully earn some decent money in the future. Fancy a go at managing my own investments with a bit of short termism thrown into the mix. That's the dream anyway.

I don't use any statistical software I just excel it all. It's the only thing I can be bothered to learn to use with the limited time I have.
3931 posts and you dont trade. are you kin retarded. what a waste of your time. time is valuable dont you know. wake up and smell the morrisons value roast.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:41pm   #34

Joined Apr 2010

scose-no-doubt started this thread Can't really afford to place any meaningful capital at the moment mate. You seen how much mortgage deposits are these days? One step at a time, fam!

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:08pm   #35

Joined Sep 2005

I was going to send you that Global Wave stuff but PMs don’t seem to allow attachments. Drop me your email if you want me to send it over.
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:25pm   #36

Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
Can't really afford to place any meaningful capital at the moment mate. You seen how much mortgage deposits are these days? One step at a time, fam!
plenty of capital out there:

Stocks - prop firms will gear you up 20 to 1 with tiny deposit
Futures - some firms will let you tarde ES with c. $300 intraday margin
FX - crazy leverage available.
Bonds - ok you prob need a wedge to start here.

point is a reasonable goal is to make 20 ticks/pips/points per day, you dont need much capital for that to make meaningful profits.

what you are doing is avoiding trading to keep you 'safe' from losses. not knocking you just pointing this out.

mortgage - unless you are buying in prime London forget buying everyone knows property is 50% overvalued in the UK, I own 2 properties and wish I didn't. if you are serious about trading I would advise getting your monthly outgoings down and reducing the pressure on yourself, u cant trade scared money.