Keynes Vs. Hayek

This is a discussion on Keynes Vs. Hayek within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Atilla, I can't believe that you can be as ignorant as you make out, you might be, but it's hard ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:27pm   #61

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Keynes Vs. Hayek

Atilla,

I can't believe that you can be as ignorant as you make out, you might be, but it's hard to believe. So there is only one possible explanation but I don't expect you to confirm or deny it. I think that you invested in U.K property sometime during the Gordon Brown 'boom' that was facilitated by the irresponsible policies of the B.O.E.

I think you got suckered in by the hype and the belief that property always goes up and probably bought sometime between 2004-2007, just before it all went bang. Now you want the taxpayers to carry the burden of your poor investment decisions.

I could be wrong, but nothing else makes sense.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:48pm   #62

Joined Feb 2007

There was some mention a few days back that the FED should pursue a QE3 where they purchased properties to add to there expanding balance sheet.

Anything is possible ... I am waiting for this Jackson Hole business with eager anticipation

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Atilla,

I can't believe that you can be as ignorant as you make out, you might be, but it's hard to believe. So there is only one possible explanation but I don't expect you to confirm or deny it. I think that you invested in U.K property sometime during the Gordon Brown 'boom' that was facilitated by the irresponsible policies of the B.O.E.

I think you got suckered in by the hype and the belief that property always goes up and probably bought sometime between 2004-2007, just before it all went bang. Now you want the taxpayers to carry the burden of your poor investment decisions.

spreader_legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:13pm   #63

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Atilla,

If you think I'm ignorant - your selfish thoughts have no effect on me none what so ever. Knock your self out.

I see and hear what you write and say - I consider - evaluate and make my judgement of it.

Yes I do have two properties thanks as a hedge against inflation and pension provision... Had to do something with all my lolly

Not sure how tax payers carry my burden. You try paying two sets of utility and council bills. But your economic assumptions leave a lot to be desired imho...

You are wrong. 2009 Q1. In fact I got on to the property ladder back in 1986 Q2. So you go and get your calculator out to work it out... Only been out of work for 5 weeks in almost 30 year career. Got it...

So what other possible reason could there be other than selfless common sense in the national interest to;

1. Raise Taxes
2. Reduce Spending
3. Mild inflation > interest rates

pay off debt in no time??? Penny may one day drop. Man lives in hope.

You are funny. You make me laugh...

Last edited by Atilla; Aug 25, 2011 at 4:20pm.
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:30pm   #64
Joined Aug 2009

Hayek ..... Keynes doesn't even come close

Ambrose Ackroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:00pm   #65

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
1. Raise Taxes
2. Reduce Spending
3. Mild inflation > interest rates
I didn't say you were ignorant, I said you were acting ignorant because despite my efforts to get an explanation from you, I only get the same 3 responses of what the government should do, and not how or why it will work.

So this is the last time I'll try.

1) How will raising taxes raise more revenue?
-What makes you believe it will be the result and not have the opposite effect?
-What makes you so confident you know exactly where on the Laffer curve taxes need to be to maximise revenue?
-What makes you so confident that lowering taxes won't increase revenue?
-If carbon taxes are an incentive to reduce greenhouse gases, what makes you so sure income taxes don't reduce the incentive to work?

2) Reduce Spending

-This is one I agree with, but I don't see how they will do it.
-How do you get Government to cut spending?

3) How does the Government create 'mild' inflation'
-what is your definition of 'mild' inflation
-what makes you think that figure is exactly the right amount?

3b) How does the Bank of England go about keeping Interest rates artificially low?

Answer these questions without any emoticons or 'clever' quips. Just the facts.

Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:08pm   #66

Joined Dec 2009

I don't mind paying tax.

I do mind the fact that the government wastes so much of the money.

If they could resolve that, it would be a good start.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:45pm   #67

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
I didn't say you were ignorant, I said you were acting ignorant because despite my efforts to get an explanation from you, I only get the same 3 responses of what the government should do, and not how or why it will work.

So this is the last time I'll try. What if it is your first or last. You are in contempt of having an open mind already.

1) How will raising taxes raise more revenue? Ofcourse.
-What makes you believe it will be the result and not have the opposite effect? You going to stop working if taxes rise to 25p or 45p?
-What makes you so confident you know exactly where on the Laffer curve taxes need to be to maximise revenue? Never said anyhting such. What makes you ask daft questions. How the F do I know? You saying I'm proposing a 99p tax? Get real...
-What makes you so confident that lowering taxes won't increase revenue? What makes you so confident lowering taxes will not raise inflation and imports? What is this confident BS. You are fast becoming a real jerk you know that. Your questions are stupid.
-If carbon taxes are an incentive to reduce greenhouse gases, what makes you so sure income taxes don't reduce the incentive to work? Answered above. What makes you so sure you will lose the incentive to work? You'll just work damn harder and you'll watch what **** you spend your money on. Unless ofcourse one is minted and money is not an object.

2) Reduce Spending

-This is one I agree with, but I don't see how they will do it.
-How do you get Government to cut spending? Need to write volumes on this. Need to see the books and trim. Get your priorities right. Bailing out banks and spending money on army is waste of money. Trim NHS costs too. Have a quota of benefits and allow people personal responsibility. If you smoke and drink and are obese you die younger.

3) How does the Government create 'mild' inflation'
-what is your definition of 'mild' inflation 2%
-what makes you think that figure is exactly the right amount? tolerable

3b) How does the Bank of England go about keeping Interest rates artificially low? Influence LIBOR rate to which they lend to other banks.

Answer these questions without any emoticons or 'clever' quips. Just the facts.

You have not responded to my questions of your proposed solutions and their consequences...

1. Cutting taxes - will increase national debt at a time when we can't afford them
2. Raising interest rates - will cause business and home owners to go to the wall along with exporters. BoP will deteriate further reducing ability to pay off debt.

You are a cuckooo if you think this is the solution to paying of National Debt and reviving the UK economy.

I'd have you classed as enemy of the state and locked up you selfish being...

Last edited by Atilla; Aug 25, 2011 at 5:54pm.
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:59pm   #68

Joined Jan 2006

"How the F do I know?"

This sums it up perfectly. No need to address the rest of your diatribe.

Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:01pm   #69

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Atilla,

It has occurred to me NT that your proposed solution is so wrong that I'm finding it difficult that anyone can suggest such an idea.

I'm thinking who would benefit from;

1. Cutting taxes. - somebody who earns lots of money
2. Raising interest rates. - somebody who has lots of money already

So how many properties do you own? 1, 2, 5 or 10?

Is it possible this is the reason why you don't like the sound of;

1. Raise taxes
2. Keep interest rates low

???
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:07pm   #70

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
"How the F do I know?"

This sums it up perfectly. No need to address the rest of your diatribe.

haha I guessed as much...

Who gives you the right to control how I express my self?

If I don't know something I say it. I don't talk bull I'm afraid...

Let's see you answer your own questions then.

You know what makes you so confident... blah blah blah...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:11pm   #71

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post

Everyone who pays taxes, jerk!

Everyone who has savings, jerk! I have got most of my savings out of this country and already earning high interest in an appreciating currency.

one, but not in this country. I sold my property in this country and moved my money out of the £ and the country because I could see the disaster coming. jerk

1. Raise taxes

???
No, jerk. Such daft questions..

Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:15pm   #72

Joined Jan 2006

Maybe you should post your ideas here Atilla

http://www.saveoursavers.co.uk/

Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:43pm   #73

Joined Jan 2006

More educational material for you Atilla:

http://www.saveoursavers.co.uk/ebook...-on-saving.pdf

You're welcome

Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:04pm   #74

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
No, jerk. Such daft questions..

Originally Posted by Atilla

Everyone who pays taxes, jerk!

Everyone who has savings, jerk! I have got most of my savings out of this country and already earning high interest in an appreciating currency. Which currency NT?

one, but not in this country. I sold my property in this country and moved my money out of the £ and the country because I could see the disaster coming. jerk

1. Raise taxes

???
1. Are you not going to tell us which currency?

Don't be shy? It is purely academic anyhow...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:24pm   #75
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/b...ry/4od#3153186

Atilla, will you please watch this carefully and get back to us.

cheers.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote