Keynes Vs. Hayek

This is a discussion on Keynes Vs. Hayek within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by new_trader Dollar charges to 14-year high, bonds in full swing http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gl...-idUSKBN13D040 On top of all this the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:46pm   #897

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Dollar charges to 14-year high, bonds in full swing
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gl...-idUSKBN13D040

On top of all this the US FED is expected to hike interest rates...and the stock market's response is...UP!

This must really be confusing to dumbass Keynesians...

NT you still bitching about what exactly?

The policy of low interest rates has averted a painful World Global recession and it has been how long exactly.

As the US economy recovers and unemployment has fallen below 6% rates can be raised. So what's the big deal with your post?

fwiw Monetary policy has to be complemented by fiscal policy. It simply doesn't work on its own. Governments only now coming round to considering infrastructure and fiscal stimulus.

You still counting your gold sovereigns each night before you go to bed?

How's that gold trade working out for you?

Life's a beach and then you drown? Make sure you learn to swim
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:17pm   #898

Joined Nov 2003
ding
ding derdingding
schlip
ddddddddddddingadongadingding!

be right one day tho, cant not be

darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:54pm   #899

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
NT you still bitching about what exactly?

The policy of low interest rates has averted a painful World Global recession and it has been how long exactly.

As the US economy recovers and unemployment has fallen below 6% rates can be raised. So what's the big deal with your post?

fwiw Monetary policy has to be complemented by fiscal policy. It simply doesn't work on its own. Governments only now coming round to considering infrastructure and fiscal stimulus.

You still counting your gold sovereigns each night before you go to bed?

How's that gold trade working out for you?

Life's a beach and then you drown? Make sure you learn to swim
You said only a few months ago "keep rates low, cut spending and raise taxation to balance books asap."

Trump's stimulus plans involve cutting taxes, increasing Government spending and it looks as though the Fed is going to start hiking rates...and the stock market appears to like it...or so the mainstream media would have us believe.

I was expecting a more informed reply to the apparent contradiction but what I get is a bitter puerile one...

As for my gold investment, stay tuned to my journal

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:07pm   #900

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
You said only a few months ago "keep rates low, cut spending and raise taxation to balance books asap."

Trump's stimulus plans involve cutting taxes, increasing Government spending and it looks as though the Fed is going to start hiking rates...and the stock market appears to like it...or so the mainstream media would have us believe.

I was expecting a more informed reply to the apparent contradiction but what I get is a bitter puerile one...

As for my gold investment, stay tuned to my journal

How much has the stock market risen compared to 2008? Put it in perspective before claiming you are right. Simply that it hasn't fallen and expectation is for him to curtail his rhetoric.

Has it become policy yet? Have they passed their bills to spend more and give away 5 trillion tax breaks?

Now when you post your dumbass I'm so freaking right posts try and be civil and comment what you exactly mean with some facts or numbers.

What do you think about the new emerging emphasis on fiscal policy and infrastructure investment? Any opinions? Does it not point to Keynesian bias?

Cheers
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:18am   #901

Joined Nov 2006
There you go NT, stick this in your pipe...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...is-a-keynesian

Personally, I would maintain low interest rates but do concur with the Fed that they should rise another .25 basis points as unemployment target is below 6% and if inflationary pressure underlie prices then it can be justified.

However, whilst carrying out infrastructure investment to support monetary policy I would raise taxation on the mega rich and cash rich business hoarding profits off-shore. I would not be cutting taxes on the top earners which is very bad imo aggravating the government debt.