link for micro and macroeconomics indicator?

This is a discussion on link for micro and macroeconomics indicator? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; hey guys, whats a good site, that shows you the release of the indicators for micro and macroeconomics?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:11pm   #1
Joined Jul 2008
link for micro and macroeconomics indicator?

hey guys, whats a good site, that shows you the release of the indicators for micro and macroeconomics?
fmjvertigo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:14pm   #2
Joined Jul 2008
Re: link for micro and macroeconomics indicator?

fmjvertigo123 started this thread out of curiosity as well, what is like the 3 main microeconomics indicators, i know they focus on firms, families, in general. am i right in thinking, changes at microeconomics would be seen first, if the economy was about to head downwards into the ground, before macro?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:25pm   #3

Joined Feb 2009

There's really no such thing as a "release of microeconomic indicators". A microeconomic indicator is smth like whether you personally got a raise this year or not. By definition, anything that's aggregated and released centrally (by the government or a private statistical agency) is a macroeconomic indicator.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:35pm   #4

Joined Nov 2007

This is for some of the macro releases: http://www.forexfactory.com/

As for micro which i'm not sure exactly what you're after, you're probably better off getting a calendar of when the companies do their release of final results/trading updates etc.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:41pm   #5
Joined Jul 2008

fmjvertigo123 started this thread thanks guys, appreciate the advice. i figured with the microeconomics, i thought it was a way of following how family spending, company spending was going in that economy.
i'll do a bit more reading on it i think you guys got good articles to understand how the economy works ?
i'm pretty sure learning economics is a long term thing, but i think it would definately benefit my trading!

thanks again
Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:22pm   #6

Joined Feb 2009

Microeconomics is all about understanding the interaction between individual economic agents. As to understanding how economies work, I think a macroeconomics textbook is the way forward.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:31pm   #7
Joined Jul 2008

fmjvertigo123 started this thread thanks mart. what would you say is the top 5 economic indicators?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:53pm   #8

Joined Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmjvertigo123 View Post
thanks mart. what would you say is the top 5 economic indicators?
Depends on whether you're looking at a specific mkt or globally. If specific, then it very much depends on which mkt it is.