Making A Living Swinging.

This is a discussion on Making A Living Swinging. within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Apollogies for boiling the whole trading affair down to money, but would i be right in saying that it is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:39am   #1
Joined Jul 2003
Making A Living Swinging.

Apollogies for boiling the whole trading affair down to money, but would i be right in saying that it is easier to swing but riskier to day trade, thus needing more money as a swing trader to trade for a living, money management wise?
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:09am   #2
Joined Feb 2003
peedee

I think it all boils down to perceptions and very much to your style of trading. My perception of anything longer than a daytrade is having a larger account and taking a smaller position. Trading in line with each trend depending if it be the short, intermediate or long. Trading over days weeks seems to require the ability to set a wide stop in order to give you some room.

The main problem with daytrading is the need for some like me to sit in front of a computer, others will make a simple assessment place appropriate orders and stop with targets and walk away.

How one trades depends on the profit. If you are a selective daytrader then the signal you follow has an amount of success or low risk to it. How often could you have followed a specific signal during the day and taken 5 points from it. For daytrading it seems to me the best way to approach it is to find a specific signal that works more often than not. By work I mean returns a level of profit you are happy with and produces much fewer losses than gains. Thinking of those 5 points, if you had a signal that fell into such category and traded at £200 a deal then £1k would be a good return.

It brings me back to perceptions and trading style and objectives.

What do you want to make in a day, some say £100 others talk of £10k and so on as long as you make enough to live on without giving yourself an ulcer in the process that must be the objective.
kevin546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:12am   #3

Joined Aug 2003
There are special web-sites for swingers.
Salty Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:17am   #4

Joined Jul 2003
Where..??

Haven't told the wife yet..

Cheers Snip
snip is offline   Reply With Quote