NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

This is a discussion on NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; This mornings fun and games, basic rules, only two trades per hour allowed, 1 long, 1 short, 20 pip S/L, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:18pm   #691

Joined Nov 2004
This mornings fun and games, basic rules, only two trades per hour allowed, 1 long, 1 short, 20 pip S/L, 5 pip target, close if change of color on 1 hr candle. Scores on the doors are:

10:09 Long +5
11:02 Long +5
12:07 Long +5
13:01 Long +5
14:00 Short -10 (Closed on change of candle color)
14:05 Long +5

No discretion used, just letting the EA do its thing

Last edited by zupcon; Nov 24, 2008 at 3:26pm.
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:59pm   #692
Joined Jun 2008
v1.1 had a bug (stoploss was takeprofit!)

Anyway for anyone running v1.1 - please download again.
north5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 1:09pm   #693
Joined Jun 2008
It does now open orders. I have just seen as part of the Zupcon challenge....

12:00 - Price touched 78 as red bar Sell opened, it turned green immediately - so EA exited out as per the rule for loss. As a note it would have continued for the full SL.

So far (for me) : -5.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:26pm   #694
Joined Jun 2008
Just found a another blooming bug so will post an update again soon (is anyone using it??). New hour - same issue of whipsaw again.

13:12 - Price touched 78 as green sell bar, it turned around and formed a red bar at opening price of 74 - so Exit as per the rule for -4.

So far (for me) : -9
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:36pm   #695
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Come to think of it though, this thread title is more slick than i 1st thought.

I leniently assumed it means, in the general sense, that yes you will have the odd losing trade, but overall you will be a winner. Although if we were to take the title literally, you would expect zero losing trades ever......

However,
Quote:
says nothing - about winning overall, or, about a winning trade - again..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: nine
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:36pm   #696

Joined Sep 2001
For me, the most basic thing to ask about any system/method is - assuming it actually works ! - WHY does it work?
Without understanding EVEN WHY it should work, there is no point in testing or investigating it. Just another cul-de-sac.
Richard

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader , UKtradergirl
Old Nov 24, 2008, 7:54pm   #697

Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrader View Post
Sounds like a spammers paradise!!! . Be able to post complete baloney, without receiving any criticism?! come on, get real!!

I have pulled your TRADE ENTRY SYSTEM to bits and have nothing more to add. If people are stupid enough not to take notice of our warnings, then so be it!

I have nothing more to add to your thread/s.

I have not placed you on my ignore list yet. However,i have not ruled out doing so in the near future.
PLEASE IGNORE ME!!!

You are on the INTERNET, if you google search, you'll probably find what you are looking for.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 7:58pm   #698

Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrader View Post
Come to think of it though, this thread title is more slick than i 1st thought.

I leniently assumed it means, in the general sense, that yes you will have the odd losing trade, but overall you will be a winner. Although if we were to take the title literally, you would expect zero losing trades ever......

However, says nothing - about winning overall, or, about a winning trade - again..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much do you actually read?

What is losing? Ending with less than you start, right?

So if you end the day, week, month, or year with more than you start, you are not losing, right?

You are on the INTERNET, if you google search, you'll probably find what you are looking for.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:14pm   #699
Joined Jun 2008
TRO,

My f'ing computer crashed this afternoon so I can't compare what you say with the EA yet. I don't know if anyone else ran it - would like some feedback if they did (especially if there are any bugs that need fixing).

One thing I did note on the few trades I saw was that it got out quickly as there were retracements back to the H1 open price. This may be a good thing or bad - can't tell yet. I will say that conforms to the cut your losses quickly thinking though.

I may get the EA up again soon and have a look - although it may be tomorrow now for me.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:24pm   #700

Joined Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by north5 View Post
TRO,

My f'ing computer crashed this afternoon so I can't compare what you say with the EA yet. I don't know if anyone else ran it - would like some feedback if they did (especially if there are any bugs that need fixing).

One thing I did note on the few trades I saw was that it got out quickly as there were retracements back to the H1 open price. This may be a good thing or bad - can't tell yet. I will say that conforms to the cut your losses quickly thinking though.

I may get the EA up again soon and have a look - although it may be tomorrow now for me.
Away from home at the moment, so installed ODL's version of MT on a mates laptop, placing orders 5 pips from market wont work so you get a 130 error. Knocked up a quick EA based on rules but using 0,25,50,75 lines, +5,+5,+5,+5,-10 (retrace to open), +5, -12 (retrace to open), +5,+5, -8 (retrace to open) and -15 (retrace to open) minus 10 for day
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: UKtradergirl
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:49pm   #701

Joined Nov 2008
i ran it from march, 08 to nov, 08, on hourly.

initial deposit = 10k
gross profit = 9531
gross loss = -8159
net profit = 1372
profit factor = 1.17
Pirilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:52pm   #702
Joined Jun 2008
Pirilion,

Was that my in this thread EA or one of your own?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:56pm   #703

Joined Oct 2008
Seems like a lot of effort for very little gain (assuming that is there is an actual gain).

However, if it is minorly successful i could see its uses as an EA. As a human operator however there is always the potential to make a minor error which would totally mess up all your profits. Not to mention how labour-intensive it is.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:58pm   #704

Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by north5 View Post
Pirilion,

Was that my in this thread EA or one of your own?
yours, mate.

agreed, uktgirl.

EDIT - BTW north, let me know if u need me to do anything with it or pm u screenshots, etc, since ur pc crashed at the wrong time.

be happy 2 help.

tc

Last edited by Pirilion; Nov 24, 2008 at 9:05pm.
Pirilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 9:04pm   #705
Joined Jun 2008
Cheers - well glad it worked well - however I didn't implement the loss exit strategy correctly so it will need to be run again. Good to see it is working though as I didn't do more than a very quick test of it.