Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

This is a discussion on Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; whent long at 9577, used the 89tick chart...looked like it would rally, If you guys wanna get into a trade ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:48pm   #197

Joined Apr 2008
bnaimy started this thread whent long at 9577, used the 89tick chart...looked like it would rally,

If you guys wanna get into a trade early i would add a 20expon ma on the 89t chart and then go long when it gets close to that. I have changed the 144tick chart to a 89tick chart, reason is that marked is not alot slower and move are not that big, so 89tick works better now. But u can use a 144tick if u like, but i have changed to a 89tick chart now.

Im out with +15, waiting for second target, stoploss is breakeven now.

Looked like it would not retrace to the 20expon on the 1min, so got in early on a 144tick chart, that contains a 89expon ma, and 20expon ma.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:51pm   #198

Joined Apr 2008
bnaimy started this thread Got pluss +15 and breakeven on second.Dident really want to see it turn aroun on me there.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:53pm   #199

Joined Apr 2008
bnaimy started this thread Long 9570 with 1 car, 15+ target.

Got out with breakeven, 10min is still up but there seems to be alot of shorters pushing this down above here.
Eachtime it goes up, it gets smacked down.

Need to give the marked time to resolve itself out, its just a battle between bears and bulls.

And there 10min just got down

Seems to be bad news from Boing, thats why we are tanking,last support is around 9511.

Last edited by bnaimy; Nov 4, 2008 at 7:05pm.
bnaimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:19pm   #200

Joined Apr 2008
bnaimy started this thread Short 9516, 1 car +15 target , i know its rightbelow 9511, but that looks weak and dont seem to give much support anymore.

Got +15 and im all out.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:32pm   #201

Joined Aug 2004
Bashir,

I would allow for spread in any calc (so add it), though I must say I'm not a short term trader......yet

I've held portfolio's of shares from weeks to months, using fundamentals for signals, and technicals (fibs, s/r) for entry exit.

Needless to say I'm moving away from that in the present climate, and looking at short term strats such as this. Anything I ask is by way of question, and certainly not advice...:-)

A further queston - the pivots you eyeballl - they are from 10 minute bars, and not the previous days range, are they?

UTB

PS - looking at the chart, good thing you don't add spread - looks like it turned bang on target?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:34pm   #202

Joined Apr 2008
bnaimy started this thread i have a buy limit at 9550, 1 contract and +15 tick target, now sit back and see wat happens.Just another breakout trade, hopefully this would work, not watiing for a pullback , maybe i should

Just 1 contact, cant hurt me and then price would beabove all resistacen and 10min is up and so is 3min.
But 30m is down.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:39pm   #203

Joined Apr 2008
bnaimy started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blades View Post
Bashir,

I would allow for spread in any calc (so add it), though I must say I'm not a short term trader......yet

I've held portfolio's of shares from weeks to months, using fundamentals for signals, and technicals (fibs, s/r) for entry exit.

Needless to say I'm moving away from that in the present climate, and looking at short term strats such as this. Anything I ask is by way of question, and certainly not advice...:-)

A further queston - the pivots you eyeballl - they are from 10 minute bars, and not the previous days range, are they?

UTB

PS - looking at the chart, good thing you don't add spread - looks like it turned bang on target?
Hey m8, yeah are right was realy lucky there and got my target right before it rushed back up, was really tempted to get out early, but was stubborn :

And the pivots are for the current day and i always look at them , so i don mess around when its close to there. And i dont use previouse day pivots.

How have your day been so far ?

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

this last trade is the final one, will not make any more trade sfor today, o waiting to get filled at 9550 with a buy stops.