Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

This is a discussion on Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Hi Bashir, Watching your video with interest :-) One question I have, in your video when you are starting to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:04pm   #281

Joined Jan 2008
Hi Bashir,

Watching your video with interest :-)

One question I have, in your video when you are starting to look for short entry, there is a point ~12:28 (chart time, not video time) when the 1min,10min and possibly the 30min are hooking down
and also on the 1min chart the price breaks below all the EMA's. Any reason why you did not go short right then, but instead waited for 9507. The 9507 was the area you identified as last support... but surely in real time as soon as the price breaks below all EMA's on all charts, as it seems to be doing ~12:28 (on all charts), you should be going short right then... correct?

Thank You
chilltrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:20pm   #282

Joined Nov 2008
written instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaimy View Post
I will try to get that done tomorow, and get the rules down on paper and
hopefully that would make some traders look at the rules in a more controlled way.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

This will be of great help to clarify the rules and instruction of use for your new system. Thank you for your time and effort to help some of us out.

Regards,
Simon
santana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:21pm   #283

Joined Apr 2008
bnaimy started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilltrader View Post
Hi Bashir,

Watching your video with interest :-)

One question I have, in your video when you are starting to look for short entry, there is a point ~12:28 (chart time, not video time) when the 1min,10min and possibly the 30min are hooking down
and also on the 1min chart the price breaks below all the EMA's. Any reason why you did not go short right then, but instead waited for 9507. The 9507 was the area you identified as last support... but surely in real time as soon as the price breaks below all EMA's on all charts, as it seems to be doing ~12:28 (on all charts), you should be going short right then... correct?

Thank You
Hi chilltrader, i am glad you are liking the video.

You are right, that is a place where you could ahve taken it short, but not because price was below all resistance, cause price still had 1 more resistace on the downside, witch is the 20expon ma on the 30min chart at 9507.But since there was a gap of 70ticks from those two support areas then u could have taken it short at that point, reason i did not take that one is that i dont want to encourage people to do trades like that, reason is that their hitrate are not that good as to the normal trades.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:25pm   #284

Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMoca View Post
Hi Bashir,

I have been following your thread for the past couple of days, and would just like to say THANK YOU for sharing your trading system, and for all the work you have done presenting it and answering everyones questions.

I've been trading the YM for the past 3 months, but have been struggling since mid September with all the recent volatility.

Hopefully this will get me back on the right track again.

Cheers
........Chris
Hi Ymoca, i agree with you that trading the last few months have been pretty hard because of the volatility and the fast changes in price, and the marked is very news driven.But i strongly belive that anyone who learns how to trade now is better suited to trade in the future, then those who started before this crisis.Its hard, but it teaches you things for the future by being in the marked right now.

In times when markeds are volatile, it is very importent to follow your rules and
be patience with finding trades, cause in these conditions there is no room for error, you just have to make sure you dont get caught on the wrong side of the marked.

With regards
Bashir Naimy
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:38pm   #285

Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Hi chilltrader, i am glad you are liking the video.

You are right, that is a place where you could ahve taken it short, but not because price was below all resistance, cause price still had 1 more resistace on the downside, witch is the 20expon ma on the 30min chart at 9507.But since there was a gap of 70ticks from those two support areas then u could have taken it short at that point, reason i did not take that one is that i dont want to encourage people to do trades like that, reason is that their hitrate are not that good as to the normal trades.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy
Gotcha! - completely missed the fact that the price on 30min was well above the EMA.
So yes its no trade

Will need lots of practice to watch all these charts and conditions properly!!

Trying to make a rule-note with all the points you mentioned in your video.

I have just setup these charts on a spreadbet platform called IG index. They also have a "dealthru" facility where orders can be placed on the chart itself. Will "pseudo trade" and see how it goes.

By the way, have you tried this setup on the FTSE?

Cheers
chilltrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 12:00am   #286

Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilltrader View Post
Gotcha! - completely missed the fact that the price on 30min was well above the EMA.
So yes its no trade

Will need lots of practice to watch all these charts and conditions properly!!

Trying to make a rule-note with all the points you mentioned in your video.

I have just setup these charts on a spreadbet platform called IG index. They also have a "dealthru" facility where orders can be placed on the chart itself. Will "pseudo trade" and see how it goes.

By the way, have you tried this setup on the FTSE?

Cheers

I have personaly not traded it on the FTSE, but i am considering that possability since that would give me better working hours.

What is your personal experience with the FTSE, is it similer to the YM, would like to trade it if it calmer and not that volatile like the YM?

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy
Old Nov 9, 2008, 12:41am   #287
Joined Oct 2008
Smile Re: Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi Bashir.
Thanks a lot for spending your time for us, unsvering all does qestions.
After doing some back testing I find very high success rate if I put stop sell or stop buy order right on 20 EMA of144 tk ch. if price moved above or below 20 EMA on 144 tick ch.
Ex. Price below 20 SMA on 10 min ch. And below all MA on 1 min ch. And slow stoch
overbought on 1 min ch. I will wait till price move above 20 EMA on 144 tk ch. and put stop sell order below current price right on 20 EMA so if price moves down order will be triggered .
Works almost 90%. Only question I have would you put stop sell or stop sell limit prder?
what do you think?
Thanks.
Vit

Last edited by vit007; Nov 9, 2008 at 5:15am.
vit007 is offline Newsletter / tip sheet / trading advice vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 5:49am   #288
Joined Sep 2008
Pivot Points

Hi everyone,

A few days ago there were a few questions about how & where to get pivot points.

Here is the link to a site that posts the daily and weekly pivot points calculated for a number of markets including YM.

Daily Notes - Numbers for Day Traders

So if your charting program doesn't calculate them, you can find them here and just manually plot them on your chart the the start of the day. They also have a bunch of other numbers they you may find useful.

Hope this isn't too late to help.

Cheers
...........Chris
YMoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 8:10am   #289

5 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Hi Bashir,

How do you execute your trades. Direct through your brokerage software or using sierra charts. I'm used to trading directly on the charts with Interactive Brokers, but their charts are less than great.

I'm trying the Sierra Charts trial and you can trade direct on the chart which I like. Nice to see visually where you are at especially forex with a million decimal points to cause mistakes.

Luke
metadome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 8:18am   #290

8 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Thank y bashir

Quote:
Hi guys, here is the final and modified version of my trading method. and there will be no more adjustments to it as i dont see how i can improve on this, at least not for now.

Please use this method only as its the best one and works best, this method should not be confussed with the other older method, so please dont ask me about older methods and wonder why i am now doing it this way and not that way.

THis is a modified version and use it as it is, and dont mix it with the older one, and hopefully you all will find it usefull.

If you guys or girls have any questions about the method then please do ask and i will try to explain. And if any of the rules dont make sense to you then please dont trade it, ask first and then understand it and then trade it.

I wish u all happy trading and i will take a break, had a good day today with nice profits.
And i hope you all had that to

Here is the link to the video so you can download the file and watch it in full HD quality

capture-1.avi on MyOtherDrive

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thank u bashir for the link to the video.

A simple doubt. You have mentioned about two earlier videos you have uploaded at You Tube. Should we need to go through those two videos also Or the last one is enough.
Please advise.

Also happy to now that you are opening a room for limited traders in Emini YM,
Would you please book a seat for me.?

Thank u in advance.

With regards

Pulimath
pulimath is offline   Reply With Quote