Jack Hershey trading method

This is a discussion on Jack Hershey trading method within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; For anyone that might be interested, I am currently in a daily commentary with Jack Hershey on misc.invest.technical. Jack is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 1, 2002, 12:13pm   #1

9 Posts
Joined Oct 2001
Jack Hershey trading method

For anyone that might be interested, I am currently in a daily commentary with Jack Hershey on misc.invest.technical. Jack is a very successful private US trader (since 1957) who is keen to pass on his trading style to anyone interested, for free. You can find further details about his trading style at
http://communities.msn.com/ShortTerm...g/general.msnw

Jack swing trades US stocks and day trades futures.

spike
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2002, 11:01pm   #2

Joined Nov 2000
I've also been following these ... and they are very hard going because Hershey writes in such a 'technical' way. However, the stuff he talks about is quite brilliant, and based on his long and (exceedingly) prosperous trading career, so it is well worth following the conversations.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 6:16pm   #3

8 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimbleshanks View Post
I've also been following these ... and they are very hard going because Hershey writes in such a 'technical' way. However, the stuff he talks about is quite brilliant, and based on his long and (exceedingly) prosperous trading career, so it is well worth following the conversations.
The only time Jack has ever gone on record he lost 26% in a trading contest before making excuses and leaving early, he currently lives off his life partner who has a very well paid job.. he has never called a live trade or posted P/L.. nor have any of his followers
fadentrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:39am   #4
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadentrade View Post
The only time Jack has ever gone on record he lost 26% in a trading contest before making excuses and leaving early, he currently lives off his life partner who has a very well paid job.. he has never called a live trade or posted P/L.. nor have any of his followers
I did read a few abreviated post he made describing one of his methods - mostly channel based, where the trader is always 'in the market' - a bit like a religious ma based trader.

imo, when you think of how the markets work, you kind of understand it would be hard to make it work as the market isnt as neat as his method would like (like an ma 'always in' method on any market). of course, his excuse when others cant make money with his method is that they are not of the correct intellectual level! timing is everything right! he then goes off in to some over deep stuff no one comprehends to confuse and cover his tracks.

every board has one i guess (mentioning no names)!
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:45am   #5

8 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post

every board has one i guess (mentioning no names)!
Yeah Jack and Socrates could get together and convince each other their liver spots are beauty marks
fadentrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:17pm   #6

Joined Jan 2004
Many mentors/trading legends get their reputations out of nothing, a bit like the hardest kid at school. He never had to have a fight because everybody beleived he is the best.Thats why I beleive most people who are successful keep it to themselves so others exploit the new and innocent. Im sure Jack will be asking for a fee somewhere down the line.They should all have msn/skype trading rooms and prove all of their trades and profit
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 5:15pm   #7
Joined Jan 2007
Jack Hershey is an idiot who apparently has produced some "always in the market theories". He jumped into a thread anbout why Predict and gave a page of nonsense about not very much at all... but managing to appear philosophical...

He didnt fool me one bit .. and I made mincemeat of his replies and rediculously esoteric musings... pathetic man
Paulds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: frugi