Opinions about WD Gann's theories

This is a discussion on Opinions about WD Gann's theories within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Hi David, Happy Sunday to you. 😎 Iím looking forward to your new trading journal. Thanks in advance for sharing....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20, 2018, 3:28pm   #46

Joined Feb 2008
Hi David,

Happy Sunday to you. 😎

Iím looking forward to your new trading journal. Thanks in advance for sharing.

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan , David Knight
Old May 20, 2018, 6:54pm   #47
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
My opinion is you are probably going to waste an amount of time and resources on this that won't yield anything near your expectations. Its arbitrary gobbledegook that like all things interpreted by humans have patterns that are perceived to be what they aren't. It's a cycle of smoke and mirrors that's plagued our race since the dawn of time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2018, 7:40pm   #48

Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
My opinion is you are probably going to waste an amount of time and resources on this that won't yield anything near your expectations. Its arbitrary gobbledegook that like all things interpreted by humans have patterns that are perceived to be what they aren't. It's a cycle of smoke and mirrors that's plagued our race since the dawn of time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I just want to make it clear that the journal will not have anything to do with Gann.

My 'expectation' is that journal 2 will be better than journal 1.

As always, I will be aiming for something much harder than Gann...

..................... Simplicity
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Old May 21, 2018, 12:23am   #49
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knight View Post
You're a troll. That speaks volumes

My upcoming new trading journal will 'speak volumes' about TIME and PRICE.

For obvious reasons, I will need to remove your ability to comment on that journal. So I think it's only fair to leave the last word to you.

You could use that opportunity to expand on your one liner-
'Personally I do use Gann's concept of price and time but in a very simplistic manner.'

(For the 3rd time of asking)

Or-

Carry on trolling.

Anyone care () to predict which one Brumby will choose?
The most obvious evidence that a person cannot engage in a conversation of substance is when the rebuttals are ad hominem attacks sprinkled with feign outrage of being called out.

When you actually substantiate your claim that Gann said "time equal price" then I will address the question - not before. You will not get to change the goal post and redirect the conversation. You can either step up or shut up.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 8:23am   #50
Joined Oct 2015
Price can't equal time, that's insane

Are you referring to the 1 X 1 type trend which he considered the "best proportioned"? where they are kinda "equal proportioned"

i am not familiar with Gann btw, and I am puzzled about how one would determine what is a unit of time and what a is a unit of price

Last edited by Kaeso; May 21, 2018 at 5:53pm.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote