How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks

This is a discussion on How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; After a horrendous start on Tuesday, I managed redeemed myself on Non Farm Pay Roll yesterday. I used some of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:59pm   #65
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread After a horrendous start on Tuesday, I managed redeemed myself on Non Farm Pay Roll yesterday.

I used some of my reserve trading funds and leaned on them until it paid off, then withdrew the reserves. Still having to get to break even.

One of things I learned the last time was whenever one is up;

1/33 goes to you to spend on anything

1/33 goes into a reserve account for trading ( where the market cannot touch it,)

1/33 Stays in the account to build your size up.

Even though I am not at break even ( £1800) , I still try and stick to this formula as I repair the account.

See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
non-farm-pay-rolls-4th-september-2015.jpg  

Last edited by Aston1st; Sep 5, 2015 at 4:07pm.
Aston1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: NVP
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:18am   #66

Joined Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelita View Post
Play on, playa
lawrence-lugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:11pm   #67
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Kelita,

Please hijack another thread or start one of your own. Moderators please moderate this.

Currently short 10@10153
Stop 10180

Exit I 10055 ( pivot)
Exit II 9950 Last weeks gap closed.

May bottle it if it goes up fast and take some off the table.

Attached is today's Chart and last Fridays NFP trading performance ( No of Trades + Profit\Loss)

13:14 I have added £5.00 @ 10079 and brought my stop down to 10120 if I am stopped out shall finish for the day.
Attached Thumbnails
7th-septemeber-2015-.png   nfp-september-2015.bmp  

Last edited by Aston1st; Sep 7, 2015 at 1:14pm.
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:35pm   #68
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Short DAX 15@10331
Stop DAX 10372 for 15
Exit I DAX 10021 ( This would be the close of yesterday's Gap)
Exit II DAX 9830 ( An Old Gap from last week- Greedy but it's there)
Exit III DAX 9650 ( An even earlier Gap from the Chinese turmoil for very patience sitting on hands swing traders.)

The risk to high took 5 off at 10333.

Last edited by Aston1st; Sep 8, 2015 at 2:54pm.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:21pm   #69
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Went back in just before the US Labour Market Index with an average of 10333 at 15 a tick. Sticking with the stop if at 16:00 magic charts look positive.

The Accepting the risk element of my trading strategy is the most challenging part.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:08pm   #70
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Top of the Hour 16:00 and my magic charts ( 60 mins on the DAX ) are quite indeterminate. Still in the trade. Looking for inspiration I read my traders bible:

" Reminisces of a Stock Operator"

" After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I’ve known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make big money. It is literally true that millions come easier to a trader after he knows how to trade than hundreds did in the days of his ignorance."

Jesse Livermore

As a Day Trader this is very hard advice to follow but I am going to grin and bear it for the moment.

Market on the DAX : 10281
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:02pm   #71
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Was down last night £150 as I was stubborn in thinking the price was going to drop despite the US on Holiday. It keep raising and I give up before market close.

My Magic chart's ( the Point and Figure) ( see attached) have given me the levels which I shall take note of. Will bring my stop down 10 ticks below my entry level. So guaranteed a winning day.
Attached Thumbnails
8th-septemeber-2015-2.png